“Getting Ready Suite for Wedding & Honeymoon Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Amex Stay More
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Getting Ready Suite for Wedding & Honeymoon Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

ONE Bal Harbour Resort has wonderful sweeping views from the wrap-around balcony in the Oleta Tower. I chose this hotel for my groom's getting ready suite and for my own the day of our wedding. It is 5 stars, no doubt - from the fine wood cabinetry all throughout the suite (which has 1 and 1/2 baths), a full kitchen with top of the line appliances, a master bath that will take your breath away (the toiletries are the best I've ever had in any 5 star hotel - full size) and the impeccable service. We stayed there for part of our honeymoon and the staff gifted us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. They also granted us a late check out and included complimentary breakfast at no charge. If you want to experience Miami Beach but also want to enjoy your privacy and would like to have lots of space in your suite (unlike many Miami hotels), then do not pass up ONE Bal Harbour. It will not disappoint!

Room Tip: Ask for the Oleta Tower, 12th floor corner suite overlooking the bay and beach!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at this property on a business trip but will certainly plan some vacation time there soon. Upon an early arrival, I had no trouble being provided a room. In fact the desk staff was extremely accommodating in making sure I was taken care of.

The room was stunning! A large bed, desk and small table (with 2 chairs) filled out one room. The bathroom had 3 sections (one side for the toilet, the middle section for 2 sinks with a sitting stool and the end with a tub and separate shower). The room also included a patio that overlooked the harbor. My room was on the 12th floor and had an ocean view, which was visible from the patio and the floor-to-wall glass walls next to both the shower and bathtub.

The onsite restaurant is called Mr. Collins and was worth the visit (and price). We enjoyed dining on the patio which overlooked the harbor. Truly amazing all around.

Everything seems designed to create a truly relaxing experience. I strongly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floor with an ocean view for a truly wonderful experience.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Since my husband and I started a family 2 years ago, we have been searching for a good domestic vacation option. We still travel internationally with our little one but we have been looking for a place to frequent a few times per year, with the conveniences of a Target down the street, lots of restaurant options, etc. We have tried a few properties on the east and west coasts of Florida. This time we narrowed our selection to One Bal Harbour or the Four Seasons. We decided to check out One Bal Harbour for a long weekend/ birthday trip for my husband. Initially we had a really good feeling about it. It’s new (or newly refurbished) with modern decor, and it is pretty well equipped for families… We had a spacious 1 bedroom suite on the 17th floor, it was well lit (I have seen a few reviews about the rooms being dark – if you can get the dimmers to work correctly there’s plenty of light), the furniture was comfortable (though the mattress was oddly mushy/soft not in a good way as has been shared by a few other travelers...it wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't heavenly either), the cooktop and refrigerator were a good size… our son was entertained throughout the weekend watching the boats go between the ocean and the marina. Our room was ready early as requested, which was great. Upon arrival we went straight to the pool. The pool-side food was pretty good. 2 of the pool staff were awesome (Joselle (male) and a woman, I can’t recall her name but it was something like Catana)…some of the others were a bit aloof and seemed to be more into walking around and being seen than making eye contact, and engaging and assisting guests. The front desk staff was helpful and the concierge staff was very responsive prior to my arrival (including helping me to identify a personal chef for my hubby’s birthday dinner) and while we were onsite.

Unfortunately, we had a few minor issues, e.g., the birthday message sent to our room was addressed to me and not my husband, however, I was happy to see that my request for a unique beer (in lieu of champagne) was accommodated. We visited the hotel restaurant, once during our visit...the service was extremely slow (which is well documented on various travel review sites), the breakfast breads, the fresh oj and the French toast were delicious...but we were also served an overcooked/ visibly charred omelet, and breakfast potatoes, and to add insult to injury, my request to the hostess and manager to do something to acknowledge my husband’s birthday was completely disregarded. I wasn’t expecting anything big. I was offered a dessert, and that seemed as good as anything…but it never came. (I have never witnessed anything like that, ever – who ignores a patron’s birthday completely??!! - it was very disappointing) The last minor issue was that the turn down service threw away some of our food which was in a plastic bag on the kitchen counter (not under the sink/near the trash can). Speaking of trash, the beach looks great from afar…I knew it was a public beach but the area in front of the hotel had more trash in the sand and water than I was expecting.

On our last day, I wanted to purchase something from the hotel as a souvenir from our trip and the best I could do was a bottle opener since there is no hotel gift shop. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the bottle opener has a knife on it (I don’t use bottle openers very often) and it was taken out of my purse by a TSA representative. I called the hotel the next day to purchase another bottle opener and I was told by the front desk staff that they would send me another one gratis. I was very appreciative of this gesture, and felt it made up for some of the issues we experienced during our visit. Imagine my surprise that the bottle opener which was mailed to me was not new – in fact it had a greasy film and finger prints all over it, so much so that the hotel logo was smudged...and there were small nicks in the metal from use…I did not ask to be comp’d a $20 bottle opener, and one would think that if it was a major expense for the hotel to send a new one, I would have been presented with the option to purchase another new one or to be given a previously used one complimentary…I tried to contact the hotel manager via phone and email to see if it was an oversight and if maybe I could swap it out or just purchase a new one. I never received a response.

Overall, this is a nice hotel...but I can't help but feel that though it is not a super expensive or exclusive property the attention to detail could be better for the price point. That said, we’re still searching for a family friendly spot that meets all of our needs and most of our expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ONEBalHarbourResort, Property Resort Director at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank for taking the time to share your experience. We do pride ourselves in personalized service and appreciate the feedback.

I am truly sorry to hear that you did not have the exceptional service during your visit. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the service lapses you and your family experience over the your vacation. I have addressed all of the service issues you mentioned with our Management team in our restaurant, pool and front desk to ensure that they are corrected and do not occur with any future visits.

I hope that your experience was not entirely marred and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future to provide you with the true experience which has our guests returning on a regular basis. I would like to be in touch so that we may send you and your family a proper keepsake that truly represents the hotel. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly so that I may address any additional concerns or comments. 305 455 5404 ggarcia-tunon@obh-fl.com.

Gilberto Garcia-Tunon
Property Resort Director
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

we passed the last week of october at this hotel. We had a very nice room with a beautiful view of the ocean and of a park. The bed made us have a very deep and relaxing sleep.
We would have the buffet breakfast at Mr. Collins every morning which was ok but after a week it becomes a bit repetive.
We enjoyed the beach and the amenities were just perfect.
All the staff were very freindly, starting from the front desk,valet,waiters and on the beach.We would certainly return.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem to have a great view, there is only two rooms per floor so very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I highly recommend the brunch at the restaurant (Mr. Collins) downstairs on a Sunday!!The food is delicious and the drinks are fresh enough to help a hang over or for a pick me up and start some day drinking. My family and I always make it a must when we are down here :-)

Stayed November 2013
Miami, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My friend and I got a groupon for a massage and a mini facial. We were excited to have a relaxing time together.
The reception looked very nice and the ladies at the front desk were attentive and cordial. We went to the bathroom where we changed. I decided to take a quick shower and both showers had no hot water!!!!The bathrooms were also old outdated. The shampoo and conditioners were not good quality and there was no lotion. I was not too impressed.
After we tried the steam room and sauna we decided to have lunch. We ordered from the restaurant. the attendant said they'd bring our lunch to the terrace at NO additional cost. We ordered two jerked shrimp salads with water.The salad was good, we ate and when the bill came. the charged $ 5.00 for delivery, $ 10.00 for water and the 20% tip was already included!!! I complained and after three tries the restaurant manager came and argued that they would not give us our money back because we had opened one water. After going back and forth, they only gave us back $ 5.00 dollars. (the manager was just terrible)
Finally our massage came and I had a good experience, same with the facial.
I regret having lunch at the restaurant. When we went back to the bathroom, they fixed the hot water and we was able to take a warm shower.
The place looks old and they need to remodel if they want to compete with other spas in the area. DO NOT eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ONEBalHarbourResort, Property Resort Director at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an exceptional experience during your visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for this and I will address this with our team to ensure that these charges are communicated to alleviate any confusion.

I do appreciate the feedback and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future to provide you with the true experience which has our guests returning on a regular basis.

Gilberto Garcia-Tunon
Property Resort Director
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff at the hotel were fantastic. I was there briefly for business and due to a mechanical problem with my rental I arrived to the hotel a little late and feeling rushed to make a dinner engagement. From the valet to the bellman who helped me to my room everyone understood my sense of urgency and helped me get back on schedule. They maintained there very hospitable attitude but kept things moving for me.

The rooms are beautifully appointed and very comfortable. The views were amazing and I will be back as soon as I can for a personal vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!