“Go to another spa!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Miami, fl
“Go to another spa!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My friend and I got a groupon for a massage and a mini facial. We were excited to have a relaxing time together.
The reception looked very nice and the ladies at the front desk were attentive and cordial. We went to the bathroom where we changed. I decided to take a quick shower and both showers had no hot water!!!!The bathrooms were also old outdated. The shampoo and conditioners were not good quality and there was no lotion. I was not too impressed.
After we tried the steam room and sauna we decided to have lunch. We ordered from the restaurant. the attendant said they'd bring our lunch to the terrace at NO additional cost. We ordered two jerked shrimp salads with water.The salad was good, we ate and when the bill came. the charged $ 5.00 for delivery, $ 10.00 for water and the 20% tip was already included!!! I complained and after three tries the restaurant manager came and argued that they would not give us our money back because we had opened one water. After going back and forth, they only gave us back $ 5.00 dollars. (the manager was just terrible)
Finally our massage came and I had a good experience, same with the facial.
I regret having lunch at the restaurant. When we went back to the bathroom, they fixed the hot water and we was able to take a warm shower.
The place looks old and they need to remodel if they want to compete with other spas in the area. DO NOT eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ONEBalHarbourResort, Property Resort Director at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have an exceptional experience during your visit. Please accept our sincere apologies for this and I will address this with our team to ensure that these charges are communicated to alleviate any confusion.

I do appreciate the feedback and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future to provide you with the true experience which has our guests returning on a regular basis.

Gilberto Garcia-Tunon
Property Resort Director

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff at the hotel were fantastic. I was there briefly for business and due to a mechanical problem with my rental I arrived to the hotel a little late and feeling rushed to make a dinner engagement. From the valet to the bellman who helped me to my room everyone understood my sense of urgency and helped me get back on schedule. They maintained there very hospitable attitude but kept things moving for me.

The rooms are beautifully appointed and very comfortable. The views were amazing and I will be back as soon as I can for a personal vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My son was married at this hotel, and had the good fortune of using the resident wedding planner. The wedding planner did a superb job! Everything was done to perfection from rehearsal to reception. All events were held at the hotel, and it was a perfect setting! I cannot say enough about how beautiful and elegant every aspect of the wedding was. I highly recommend this location for a wedding. The only reason that I didn't give the hotel a rating of five is because the bed was far too lumpy. It is overdue for bed replacements. Otherwise, the room was great, and the balconies were very special because of the views. I think that there is no inferior room in this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms ending in 16 have larger balconies among the rooms versus suites.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here with my partner for his 30th Birthday and had an amazing experience. We booked it on Expedia and could not have asked for a better hotel. Not only is the staff very inviting, the rooms are elegant. Everything was extremely clean and the food is very tasty. I would recommend this to anyone. Travel time to Miami beach is about 20 minutes but why go there when you have a beach in your backyard. If you are looking for a wild party hotel, this is not the place. But if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing gorgeous hotel, this is your place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Peaceful stay in Bal Harbour. Staff very attentive. Wish I'd had the same room I did last time, but they're all ocean view with good ocean views, so no complaints. The pool staff took my food order & butchered it badly and all room service is way overpriced as most hotels are. Had issues with the shower in the beginning not getting hot but they fixed it & it was fine. I prefer Bal Harbour over South beach & it's not far, maybe a 25 min drive if you want to see south beach.

Do check out the Bal Harbour shops, Makotos is amazing! So Delish & carpaccio is good too.

If you end up in South beach, there's a great cafe on Washington called Del Mar. Super fresh & very good.

Overall I would stay here again if the room rates were reasonable. They get pretty pricey if you book last minute.

• Stayed October 2013
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed here for 6 weeks I couldn't have had a better stay!!! My company arranged my hotel for me and when ever I visit Miami in the future I will only be staying here from now on! I travel worldwide with my job and it is by far a top favourite of mine. The hotel is very nice, modern and homely decor, location fantastic with ocean and city views to admire for hours. My room was luxurious and had everything I needed. I can't fault any of the services, the restaurant, room service and pool grill always catered to different request with no problems.
My biggest praise goes to the staff, they friendly, professional and extremely helpful.
Having stayed here for 6 weeks alone, coming home (it started to feel like home) after work it was so nice to be greeted by the reception and concierge staff like I was a friend. They helped me get around the city and advised so many wonderful places to go in my free time.
I am returning in January for another 2 months and will forward staying here, knowing it will be another wonderful stay!!!
Thank you and special mentions to the following staff members on the concierge and reception teams, Gian, Gian-carlo, Felipe, Giovanni, Pier, Marcus, Viviana, Erica. Stephanie by the pool and Tashara in House Keeping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are South Florida residents who spent an anniversary weekend here. The rooms are immaculate, while the decor and design of the entire hotel involves clean lines in natural textures and colors, without being sterile or cold. The entrance and lobby feel like boutique hotel, but the service and amenities are top notch. We stayed on the 15th floor facing north, with spectacular views of the Atlantic, the beach, the bay, and Haulover Cut (the outlet to the ocean), just outside our balcony. The large bathroom had a sleek stand alone tub and glass enclosed shower, both with a picture window view of the ocean and beach. The staff were easygoing, yet highly responsive and helpful. The food was delicious and creative. This is not an inexpensive place to visit, and we recommend looking into a special rate if possible, but you do get the luxury and service you should expect for expensive hotels (and it is not as expensive as, for example, the St. Regis). I accidentally clicked on the spa review bubbles below and couldn't remove it, but the spa was closed during our visit. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!