“Fabulous wedding planner” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fabulous wedding planner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My son was married at this hotel, and had the good fortune of using the resident wedding planner. The wedding planner did a superb job! Everything was done to perfection from rehearsal to reception. All events were held at the hotel, and it was a perfect setting! I cannot say enough about how beautiful and elegant every aspect of the wedding was. I highly recommend this location for a wedding. The only reason that I didn't give the hotel a rating of five is because the bed was far too lumpy. It is overdue for bed replacements. Otherwise, the room was great, and the balconies were very special because of the views. I think that there is no inferior room in this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms ending in 16 have larger balconies among the rooms versus suites.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here with my partner for his 30th Birthday and had an amazing experience. We booked it on Expedia and could not have asked for a better hotel. Not only is the staff very inviting, the rooms are elegant. Everything was extremely clean and the food is very tasty. I would recommend this to anyone. Travel time to Miami beach is about 20 minutes but why go there when you have a beach in your backyard. If you are looking for a wild party hotel, this is not the place. But if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing gorgeous hotel, this is your place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Peaceful stay in Bal Harbour. Staff very attentive. Wish I'd had the same room I did last time, but they're all ocean view with good ocean views, so no complaints. The pool staff took my food order & butchered it badly and all room service is way overpriced as most hotels are. Had issues with the shower in the beginning not getting hot but they fixed it & it was fine. I prefer Bal Harbour over South beach & it's not far, maybe a 25 min drive if you want to see south beach.

Do check out the Bal Harbour shops, Makotos is amazing! So Delish & carpaccio is good too.

If you end up in South beach, there's a great cafe on Washington called Del Mar. Super fresh & very good.

Overall I would stay here again if the room rates were reasonable. They get pretty pricey if you book last minute.

• Stayed October 2013
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed here for 6 weeks I couldn't have had a better stay!!! My company arranged my hotel for me and when ever I visit Miami in the future I will only be staying here from now on! I travel worldwide with my job and it is by far a top favourite of mine. The hotel is very nice, modern and homely decor, location fantastic with ocean and city views to admire for hours. My room was luxurious and had everything I needed. I can't fault any of the services, the restaurant, room service and pool grill always catered to different request with no problems.
My biggest praise goes to the staff, they friendly, professional and extremely helpful.
Having stayed here for 6 weeks alone, coming home (it started to feel like home) after work it was so nice to be greeted by the reception and concierge staff like I was a friend. They helped me get around the city and advised so many wonderful places to go in my free time.
I am returning in January for another 2 months and will forward staying here, knowing it will be another wonderful stay!!!
Thank you and special mentions to the following staff members on the concierge and reception teams, Gian, Gian-carlo, Felipe, Giovanni, Pier, Marcus, Viviana, Erica. Stephanie by the pool and Tashara in House Keeping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are South Florida residents who spent an anniversary weekend here. The rooms are immaculate, while the decor and design of the entire hotel involves clean lines in natural textures and colors, without being sterile or cold. The entrance and lobby feel like boutique hotel, but the service and amenities are top notch. We stayed on the 15th floor facing north, with spectacular views of the Atlantic, the beach, the bay, and Haulover Cut (the outlet to the ocean), just outside our balcony. The large bathroom had a sleek stand alone tub and glass enclosed shower, both with a picture window view of the ocean and beach. The staff were easygoing, yet highly responsive and helpful. The food was delicious and creative. This is not an inexpensive place to visit, and we recommend looking into a special rate if possible, but you do get the luxury and service you should expect for expensive hotels (and it is not as expensive as, for example, the St. Regis). I accidentally clicked on the spa review bubbles below and couldn't remove it, but the spa was closed during our visit. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Spent five nights here from August 17 to 22.

PROS: The room was nicely appointed with beautiful views of the ocean and intercostal. Floor to ceiling glass windows. Semi-private elevator. The resort has several "towers" where there are two resort suites per floor. The elevator opens on each floor to a small foyer where there are two suites. This made it for a very private and quiet suite. No waiting around for elevators either. Nice European buffet breakfast at Mr. Collins.

CONS: Very expensive valet parking. Too many taxes. Not a good location. You have to drive everywhere. Their poor location alone should be reason enough for them not to charge for parking as you absolutely need a car here. No bar in the resort except for Mr. Collins which was not open late. So if you are a night owl, there is nothing here for you to do and you are stuck without a car. The mattress was extremely uncomfortable and the sheets were a little worn out. They really need to invest in updating the bedding. The rain shower in the bathroom would have been nice if I could have used it. When I tried using it the whole bathroom turned into a bathtub as the glass shower doors were not properly sealed. Also, the bathroom amenities were these huge bottles which I guess were refilled making when each guest left (yes there was a sign saying that if you took the bottles hone with you, there would be an additional charge). Therefore, reusing someone's toiletries seems a little unsanitary to me. It's hard to imagine the board of health actually allows this. The beach also has no lifeguard and was EXTREMELY dirty! Seaweed, plastic bottles, and all kinds of other trash. The beach attendants were also on the lazy side. They never came around with ice cold water or towels as I have experienced in other resorts.

All in all, for $500+ a night, this was definitely not a good value. I want to stay at Acqualina next time I am in the area. I checked it out. The resort was beautiful, beach was clean, much better location, and they had a nice bar, two restaurants, and a cafe.

• Stayed August 2013
ONEBalHarbourResort, General Manager at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa. We appreciate your business and take your comments very seriously. I apologize for any dissatisfaction you encountered while on vacation with us.

Our location, is on a prime spot of beach in Bal Harbour. Having said that, it is an insulated piece of paradise. We have several options for guests who do not choose to rent cars while vacationing with us. We have a house car that takes guests to surrounding attractions via reservation and there is a free Bal Harbour shuttle that offers service down to South Beach and various points in between.

We agree that our showers tend to be confusing. We are presently looking at ways to make the sophisticated system much simpler.

There are sea grass beds off our coastline and it is normal for small amounts to wash up on our beach. This year in particular, the Florida and Caribbean regions have experienced a higher occurrence of seaweed. Although, we attempt to groom the beach on a daily basis, we are unable to extinguish the seaweed completely. It is considered a very important factor of the beach’s eco system; protected by the state; and is very prevalent this time of year.

We certainly are in agreement with the pool & beach attendant’s services and are in the process of enhancing the services and amenities; whereby visiting each guest every half hour with complimentary spritzing, sampling of the beverage of the day, tasting of fruit cups, chilled refreshing towels, pool & beach concierge, including flags attached to each chair that can be raised for immediate service.

Please accept our sincerest apologizes for issues that you encountered during your stay. We hope that we may show you how we have improved on a future visit.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a nearly perfect stay. The only niggles were that the room was missing an alarm clock (in the age of cell phones, not terrible. I was only there one night, so didn't bother mentioning it) and that ice took nearly 45 minutes to arrive. The ice being painfully slow was my biggest annoyance.

That said, the room was lovely, in a grand, luxurious sort of way. The bathroom was massive, with an incredible shower. I loved having two rooms per floor; getting out of the elevator into your own mini-hallway was wonderfully private. Also, the service staff have their own back ways, so they're never sharing an elevator with you, or having carts in the hallway. It's a touch you probably wouldn't think to notice, but it illustrates how much the hotel cares about providing a serene experience for their guests.

The hotel seemed very quiet-- we stayed mid-week, and felt like we had the place to ourselves. There were only two other tables seated at dinner, and a handful of people on the beach the next day. Definitely felt like a place to go if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle and feel as though you have your own dedicated staff.

My biggest surprise here was the restaurant, Mister Collins. Honestly, I hadn't heard anything about it, and went in expecting the food to be good. Instead, the food was phenomenal! I'm often surprised when a hotel restaurant is this good. We had fried pickles and the warm pretzel for appetizers (I don't even like pickles, but was stealing them off my friend's plate every time she would let me). The pretzel was to die for.

I had steak for dinner with the grilled eggplant and salsa verde-- perfectly done, very flavorful, and a huge portion.

The drink, recommended by Juan, our attentive server, was insanely good. It was some sort of spicy tequila drink that was quite fresh-tasting; wish I could remember what was in it so I could make it at home.

We called down to request a later check out, and were accommodated with a smile.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!