“Great food and people watching” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Makoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Bal Harbour
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 96th St
Transit: 96th St and Collins Ave
Description: Stephen Starr's newest Japanese restaurant, Makoto is located in the prestigious Bal Harbour Shops. Makoto features a modern Japanese menu including sushi bar selections, modern Japanese dishes, and bincho charcoal robata. A hand-crafted beverage program focused on sake compliments the cuisine. The dining room and sushi bar seating are available by reservation. Outdoor seating is available upon arrival.
NYC
“Great food and people watching”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love the Makoto food and staff. Nothing like enjoying a Lychee Martini and watching the beautiful people valet their cars

Visited October 2013

Miami, Florida
“Good sushi - Nice atmostphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Want a nice relaxing sushi and chardonnay break while shopping at Bal Harbour? Take some time and visit Makoto. Relaxing restaurant with great service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Japanese ... Jiro style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

this is great for a family as well as a couple. or just a quick bite at the bar. I love the bar at this place even when w my wife. you get watch them create art that you later eat. pricy. but almost always amazing tasts and elation.

try to grilled fish on wooden plaque

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Expensive, not authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Dark, odorous, tasteless, American-Japanese (Burgers!!!), expensive for what they offer. Nice folk who are keen to please but have not a clue about food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“So glad we cancelled our original reservation somewhere else to try Makotos! Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I am not a sushi lover, I will not eat raw fish if you paid me. That being said my husband is & instead of yet another Italian place, we opted to treat his palate & I would make do with whatever chicken dish they had. I am so glad we did. I ordered a vegittaren roll, tempura zucchini & peppers...it was so good! My husband had a caterpillar roll & another and said they were fantastic. They really used the freshest ingredients. For my entree, I had the pepper chicken & it was one of the best tasting chicken dishes I have ever had. The freshest veggies & the sauce was out of this world! We split the Japanese risotto and were both wowed! We over ate for sure just not being able to put it down! For dessert we shared the mochi which for those that have not had it is a strangely refreshing sort of icecream sort of thing-but not icecream. Just try it. The atmosphere outside was relaxed & beautiful and to top it off, our waitress, Julia was amazing. On top of her game & extremely knowledgable. I really enjoyed it even though I'm not a sushi fan, so anyone will enjoy the food here! Caio!

• Visited September 2013