“Wonderful Family Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful Family Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We visited Sea View on 4th of July weekend with my large family. Everyone in the hotel was beyond accommodating to us. They all especially made sure my grandparents were taken care of and comfortable. We had three rooms including a handicap room. All three were very spacious and clean. The food at both breakfast and the 4th of July picnic party were fine. The staff was always very nice. The "bather's walk" to and from the beach/pool is a bit outdated, but then again why would they make it very nice if it's going to be covered in sand and water. The location of the hotel is great. I would highly recommend Sea View to anyone considering a trip to the North Miami Beach area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sea View Hotel o, Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear nati998,
Thank you for your comments about The Sea View Hotel during your last visit to Bal Harbour, Miami. We are pleased to hear you and your family had a fantastic stay with us!! We strive to be the best and meet our guests' expectations and take your comments very seriously.
Thank you again from the Sea View Hotel staff. We hope to see you and your family again real soon.
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Sea View Hotel in Bal Harbour is our only choice for a top relaxing experience in Miami.
I strongly recommend this hotel!
I´ve been staying at the Sea View since I was a kid with my parents, and It´s always been excelent!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear eduratto,

On behalf of myself and our staff at the Sea View Hotel we thank you very much for the wonderful review. We always strive to be our best and are most appreciative to hear kind words form our guests.
We look forward to seeing you and your family again real soon.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Sea View is an older hotel but has been renovated and is really nice. It has a grand feel to it. We werent really expecting much from this hotel as it was a long honeymoon and we had booked 5 star hotels elsewhere.

The staff were really friendly, the room was huge with a big desk and tv. The bed was extremely comfortable and the air con worked great. They had a offer on at the time of a free continental breakfast each morning. We went down in the morning and were expecting your normal continental breakfast but instead they had the normal plus a person their that will cook eggs for you fresh and they way you want eg. Scrambled, omellete etc. The staff were also really nice down there.

I like that they also turn down the bed for you at night. I mean we didnt mind but its just an extra thing that no other hotel on our honeymoon did.

Bal Harbour is a really nice classy suburb with the Bal Harbour Shops across the road which is filled with designer brand retailers etc. The only thing i would recommend is definitely having a car but the downside to the Sea View Hotel is their car parking both valet and self-park is $20 per night and its just in a normal carpark with no cover.

I would definitely recommend anybody to stay at this hotel as it went far beyond our expectations.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nathan S ,
Thank you for choosing The Sea View Hotel for your hotel of choice during your honeymoon in Bal Harbour, Miami. We are pleased to hear we met your expectations during your stay. We work hard to be the best and feedback such as yours assures us that we are doing the right thing for our guests. Our parking fees are significantly reduced in price compared to all other hotels in Bal Harbour and we are proud to keep that cost far below the average for as long as we can do so for our guests.
We look forward to your return soon and wish you and your new wife the best!
Sales Manger
Canelones, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

All the crew recieved us land made feel like Family! Spanish and English spoken there. Beautiful place, plenty of room! Next to the beach and better like been in South Beach like my last visit to another hotel

Room Tip: In front of the beach are better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MariaFernanda1976,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your most recent stay at The Sea View Hotel. We are pleased to know you had a great stay and hope to continue to meet your expectations during your next visit with us.
Hope to see you soon..

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good location away from the crowds. Very well managed and maintained. Extremely clean. Staff, for the most part, pleasant and accommodating. Daytime staff seem to be more helpful and experienced. If you're not driving, trip from the airport could run you from $50 to $80.

Room Tip: try and get a room with balcony. makes a big difference.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sea View Hotel o, Director of Sales at Sea View Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear BigFish419,
Thank you for your recent comments from your stay at The Sea View Hotel.
We always appreciate positive feedback knowing we achieved our goal of taking care of our guests.
We hope you will visit us again real soon.
Ciudad de Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've been in this hotel several times so I consider that I can do a REAL review of it.
The hotel location is perfect. On Collins Ave. in the middle of Bal Harbour with direct access to the beach and just meters to the Bal Harbour Shops.
The hotel is very clean while this is something difficult to find in Miami Beach.
They definitively don't like the kids, I noted it on my successive visits, specially the breakfast manager, that woman uses to be rude if you're with children. I've contacted the hotel managers because if that situation. Anyway I found other guests feeling the same about the hotel and their children acceptance.
The beach area is a bit outdated, it needs a refresh, and the pool wasn't so clean during my stay.
When I arrived to the hotel this time I was told that I was going to pay $50 per night for my sons (additional bed) while I booked a room for 3 people including a king size bed. I argued about the extra charge not being informed by the travel agency before booking and the manager kindly removed the charges as an exception. So consider this additional fee when booking.

Stayed April 2014
Dear matanga81,
As a valued repeat customer, we appreciate your feedback regarding your last visit to The Sea View Hotel. We hope our staff has not offended you or your family in any way due to the fact you feel we are not "kid friendly." In fact, we are very much "kid friendly," as well as, family friendly. The uniqueness of our hotel having owners that stay six months out of the year drive us to being kid-friendly. We are very welcoming of all types of guests and welcome families with children to the single traveler. We apologize for your experience and hope this does not turn you away from staying with us in the future. The management team has been informed of your concerns and addressed their staff with corrective measures and extended training.
We always welcome your comments regarding your stay, especially when you are present at the hotel so we can correct the situation at that moment. Please feel free to approach our management team to discuss your concerns and we will do everything in our power to assure a friendly and safe environment for you and your family.
We hope you decide to return real soon and look forward to you and your family's visit!
Best Regards,
Vernon, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Overall we would not stay here again. The staff here was just awful. That coupled with the nickel and diming for everything made for an unpleasant experience.

We had to pay $15 to use the "gym" (and I use that term loosely since it had one treadmill and one bike and a small assortment of other equip ) The posted hours to the gym are 7 AM opening. So I went there at 7 AM and they were not open. They had to get security to open the door for me ( and incidently he acted like he was doing me a HUGE favor by opening the gym - that I was paying for - when it should have been open ) So anyhow, I am running - and as any runner knows I like to keep a good pace / time, and the trainer there comes up to me mid run and interupts me to tell me that the staff at the front desk forgot to charge me and there is another form that I have to sign. ?? HUH!!!?? So after getting into the gym late, finding someone to open the gym and having my workout interupted, still charged $15. And it felt like the AC was not working as the temp was a good 10 degrees warmer than it should have been.

The staff here wasnot very pleasant either.. We looked around the pool for towels ( seems a reasonable request ) and couldnt find any at 7 PM. So I went to the front desk to ask where the towels were (This is a $300/night hotel.Its not unreasonable to ask for a towl for the pool at 7PM ) and she looked at me like I was crazy for asking. She curtly informed me that they only stock towels until 5 PM and that I would have to go back to my room and get one of our TWO bath towels to use for my daughter. Not service that I would expect from a 3+ star hotel that we are paying a lot of money for.

Also for breakfast, we stopped at the coffee place - $13 for a hard bagel, small cup of apple juice and 1 coffee. The parking was $20 for the night and the valet proceeded to scold me for how I put the luggage in the car.

We would not be staying here again. Like the property, like the location, but the staff made this a memorable trip, and not in a good way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear VernonCT,
Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay with us at The Sea View Hotel. We always appreciate guests' input of how their stay went. Sorry to hear your experience was not a pleasant one. We are working on your concerns with both management and staff. We are hopeful that you would give us another try to prove we have improved our hotel to your liking. Our guest's experience is paramount to our continued success. We take your comments very seriously and look forward to making improvements as needed. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Rene Lopez

Travelers are raving about these Bal Harbour hotels

Been to Sea View Hotel? Share your experiences!