“Not impressed.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Designed very nicely, and spotlessley clean, but various issues from very loud AC in room and poor customer service policy meant I didn't enjoy my stay. Also feel visitors should see the actual location. See pic. I complained and was told I was given free car parking as compensation. I didn't even have a car! Don't recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

i stayed in this hotel in February . Hotel very much. he is not on the beach, but liked the service and the room.
A good well-kept area, swimming pool.
The staff are always friendly and ready to solve the problem.
Many thanks Yanochka! And a big hello.
If I'm planning the next trip to Miami, be sure to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: very good for family
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
QUARZO H, Manager at Bal Harbour Quarzo, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear INNA S,

Thank you for staying with us and posting this great review.
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff took good care of you.
We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards from your friends at Quarzo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right across the street and under the overpass from the One hotel, if you tell the cab driver that then they have no problem finding it, otherwise they did not seem to know where it is, it seems really small and hidden because it is across the street from some very tall hotels. We were upgraded big time, from a jr 2 queen room to a master suite, but they tried to charge us for it and they wanted $430 more than we had already paid. I told them there was no chance we could pay that for one night and then they said it must have been a computer error and let us have the room. My advice is make sure you have your reservation number and proof of purchase on hand. It was a very nice hotel and the room was huge. I would stay again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joy D,
Thank you for staying with us and for your honest feedback. We are working on expanding the hotel so it will be more noticeable in the future.
I’m glad you were upgraded to a Master Suit and that you resolved the issue with the payment.
I’m also happy to hear you liked the room because we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Warm Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Quiero agradecer a tan maravilloso staff por hacer de mi estadía una experiencia inolvidable, específicamente a Yanina del Front Desk, Joseph concierge y cómo olvidar mi mukata Claudia…desde el pequeño detalle de bienvenida….hasta la celebración con la torta de mi cumpleaños, todos estos detalles que hicieron que me sintiera como en casa.
La decoración, los amplios espacios, el aroma, la inmaculada limpieza de cada uno de los espacios y sobretodo el profesionalismo y amabilidad del personal del hotel, hacen que regresar sea la primera opción! Es por esto, que más allá de ser un cliente repetitivo, me siento de la familia Quarzo.
Toda la experiencia del hotel….la champaña en mi ingreso, el café, té y demás ammenities del lobby en las mañanas y durante todo el día, el buen servicio en la playa, los detalles del turn down….Todo esto marca la diferencia!
Espero verlos pronto familia Quarzo!

I’d like to thank the great staff at Quarzo for making my stay a truly unforgettable one. I’d like to thank specifically the front desk staff: Yanina, the front desk attendant, and Joseph, the concierge. The staff was very attentive, from a warm welcome to cake on my birthday – all the details make my stays feel like I am at home.
The decoration, large space, aroma, and cleanliness of the rooms as well as the professionalism and friendliness of the hotel staff make Quarzo my preferred hotel to stay in when I’m in Miami! I feel like part of the Quarzo family because of the great service, besides being a repeat customer.
The whole hotel experience, from the champagne at check-in, coffee, tea, great service, details during turn down, and other amenities at the hotel lobby in the mornings and throughout the day make a difference and make my stays all the more pleasant!
I hope to see you soon, Quarzo family!

Room Tip: "Rooms junior Kind"
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
QUARZO H, Manager at Bal Harbour Quarzo, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Juliana D,

Thank you very much for your review and positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear our team took very special care of you and made you feel like home.

I will happily share your feedback with our staff highlighting the specific employees you have mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming back to our hotel in the near future.

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with my wife. Loved the room.
Large and modern. The only negative is no restaurant in the hotel.
But in Miami is not the problem.
Many thanks to the employee at Yanina, who helped us to organize our leisure!
I advise anyone looking for privacy and comfort.

Room Tip: big rooms with kitchen. Good for big families
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Oleksandr G,

Thank you very much for the feedback and for staying at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you loved the room and also that our front desk staff took very special care of you throughout your visit.

We hope to welcome you and your wife again soon.

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in February 2013.
Ideal location, but for those looking for a beach hotel it's a bit not suitable. Need to go to the beach about 150 m offset . But all wonderful staff. girl Yanina to reception very nice and very professional.
I can say that because of her stay was great.
I really liked the hotel, be sure to stop in next time there.Yanina - thanks

Room Tip: rooms are idealy for families becouse are big
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Igor C,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for this feedback. We are very happy to hear you liked the hotel.

Our staff is very happy with your stay and would love to see you again soon.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The concierge Joseph ought to be fired, prior to arrival I sent him 6 or 7 emails requesting a restaurant reservation and a car to transport us from Miami port to hotel, he replied to just 1 email and then it turned out he hasn't done anything he said he would! Had I not pre paid this room is was very much wanting to cancel it!
Luckily Jennifer, Camille and Eric on front desk were on hand to organise the transport and were extremely helpful.
Finding the hotel was a little difficult it's sort of tucked away its on the same side as bal harbour shops about a mile up if the driver pulls off before the bridge you will see number one bal harbour resort and spa on your right and Quarzo on your left beneath the Bridge!
As we approached the hotel the exterior is shabby and off putting not what you'd expect with a boutique hotel and enough to make you want to turn the car around! However when you get inside its beautiful, modern sleek and spacious infact I would say its a hidden gem!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear LondonTravellots,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to help us improve our service.

I am very disappointed you had a bad experience with our concierge. I apologize if we fell short in this area during your stay. Our team strives to make every interaction special and memorable for our guests.

We truly appreciate your feedback and will address the issues mentioned in order to ensure and enhanced experience for all our guests.

Management

Been to Bal Harbour Quarzo? Share your experiences!