“Heaven in South Florida” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
New York, NY
“Heaven in South Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Excellent resort with excellent service. You can't go wrong here. Fantastic all around. This is one of the most well designed resorts I have ever stayed at. Everything is stunning. The pool service seemed to be just a bit more attentive than the beach service - but the beach is breathtakingly beautiful and a bit more private feeling than the pool. One word of caution - avoid eating at the mall across the street. The shops are high end but the restaurants, particularly Carpaccio, are decidedly not.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear EWR2AUS,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our resort. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool and beach.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is my third time at this fabulous resort. When I was there last month I mentioned to Jose Sanchez my wife and I were going on a cruise for her birthday and we would be spending a few days before we left. Jose went above and beyond to ensure my wife had a great experience and surprised her with a birthday cake and champagne. Cannot say enough how all of the staff including Jose make you feel like royalty. Nice little getaway from home. Definitely will be back again!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Shaqdad

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest during your recent visit to Miami.

I am very happy to hear that Jose took such great care of you and your wife during her birthday.
At the St. Regis we pride ourselves in personalized service, and we are glad that you were able to experience it first hand.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Having stayed at several other St. Regis resorts and properties of this level, I had very high standards coming into my stay at Bal Harbour. This property not only met my expectations, but exceeded them, which is very tough to do.

From the first moment we arrived at the property, we were treated as special guests. We were personally escorted from our car to the check in desk, where we were met with warm towels and Champagne. I am a SPG platinum member and the property had a welcome note for me detailing out my amenity options and suite upgrade options. We were immediately upgraded to a one bedroom suite.

At the time we checked in, our suite was not ready, so the front desk agent, provided us with various options to pass the time. They offered discounted spa treatments, free desserts for lunch, etc. for us. This was the first time I had seen a property provide guests with a brochure of options for things to do while waiting for a room to be ready, and even more impressive, the hotel took care of the cost of many of these items.

We chose to eat lunch overlooking the ocean. The food was great and the view was amazing. We had a window seat and a beautiful view of the ocean and pool.

The pool area is small, however well laid out for privacy. Cabanas are nicely sized and chairs are plush and comfy. Definitely up to the standards of a St. Regis property.

Everyone that we came into contact with from the hotel staff, to the pool staff, to the beach staff, to the restaurant staff were EXCEPTIONALLY polite and customer service focused.

After lunch we were personally escorted back to the front desk to be taken to our room. The hotel is brand new and it shows. The materials and technology are top notch. From a security standpoint, you can't get to areas outside of the public areas without a key and even with a key, you can only go to your floor. The elevators are programed to read your room key and take you directly to your room floor.

When we arrived at our room, I was blown away. Not only had we been upgraded, but to one of the nicest suites in the property. We had 2 full bathrooms. A full kitchen and living room and 2 huge balconies, both overlooking the ocean. The technology and design of the rooms were modern, but understated.

The location of this property is nice, being located across the street from the Bal Harbour shops. If you are going to south beach it is a little out of the way (15 minute car ride). For us it was close enough to go visit but nice to be outside of the craziness.

This resort gets top marks in my book and I would definitely go back. I would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view room. If traveling with families the suites with kitchens and extra ba...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Sassytraveler999,

We are grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your stay was amazing.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This our 2nd visit to SRBH. We stayed a week in March of last year, and another week ending yesterday. The service is impeccable as is the property. Serene rooms decorated in soothing earth tones contrast beautifully with the turquoise waters of Miami Beach. The majority of our time was spent on the beach, and we had one luxurious afternoon in a private cabana. Dominic Scoles is the Director of Pool and Beach Operations, what a tremendous job he is doing! He and his staff worked tirelessly to anticipate our every need, setting a standard that will be hard to beat when we visit other destinations. Ashley and Dimitrious serve seaside, and they were fabulous! Although there are flags to indicate when you need service, we never once had to wave ours!! Fausto took care of us in our cabana, and he made sure we were exceptionally comfortable, he too was excellent! Dominic's staff is certainly one of the very best we have ever encountered, going above and beyond at every opportunity!

We were excited to see our butler from last year, Ewen. Remembering we like spicy food, Ewen surprised us with a bottle of his favorite hot sauce! The daily coffee and tea service is a very nice amenity! Consideration for the guest and personalized service sets SRBH apart from the many resorts we have stayed. Highly recommend SRBH - can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maryalice13,

Thank you for the very kind review of your recent visit to our resort. We are happy to hear that our staff made you feel so special. Their dedication is evident by the kind words such as yours, and I will be sure to personally share this with each of them mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was our 3rd stay in the past 1,5 years at the St Regis Bal Harbour and wish to go back as soon as possible.
The hotel, the rooms, the beach, but most of all the staff, from Pedro the driver, to Carlos, Rodrigo, Ashley, Yen, Philip and Christian from Pool & Beach, the Chef (for our special made crabcakes), Pedro and the whole J&G team, Thomas at concierge, and especially Marc, the Head Butler, who makes every things so special down to the last details.
It was a great vacation for our family.
We will be back !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear SimonAnni

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our resort with the Trip Advisor community. I am very happy to hear that our team took such great care of you.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future for your fourth stay and many more to come.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I usually don’t write many reviews but I really wanted to share my outstanding experience in the St Regis Bal Harbor. I’ve been there 2 times for work, the last of which was a few weeks ago. I love the location, design, service, not to mention the gorgeous ocean view room & all of that technology. The bathroom is incredible with a TV inside the mirror!

The service personnel were excellent. At one point, I was in a hurry and needed some extra towels when I heard the room bell being rung by a minibar guy named Yan. He called me by name & he was very polite. I asked him for extra towels, some extra water and Ice, & he said I'll be right back. He left and 5 minutes later I heard the bell again and it was him with the towels, ice and extra water that I asked for! I knew this wasn’t even his job but that’s kind of service you will find at this St Regis. He even helped me set up the wifi for my phone. The housekeeping was excellent and the room was very clean when I arrived. Oh and I forgot that the hotel even knew it was my birthday and sent a delicious cake to my room! Can’t wait to get back to the St Regis Bal Harbor & be treated like a guest should be at a five star hotel!
Frederik Van Zyl

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Frederick V

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The St. Regis hotels are known for class and luxury, well this hotel is no different! The rooms are amazing. The hotel, it is very high end and fancy and near to the Bal Harbour Shops. If you are a regular Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton or Acqualina, you might not feel comfortable with the size of the rooms, the rooms are small. The St. Regis rooms are big, modern, spotlessly clean and surprisingly large. Having said that, this is one of the best hotel around the world.J & G restaurant is excellent for Dinner or lunch, good service. Breakfast was good But most of all, the fantastic concierge service, Brian and Robbin took great care of us. Housekeeping and the staff are all so welcoming. absolutely impressed by the quality of service. Great location we have the luxury of choosing between two international Airports. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Edwin M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. On behalf of the entire team at The St. Regis Bal Harbour, we are so pleased that you were able to experience our hotel and enjoy the high service and quality levels upon which we pride ourselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!