“Worst concierge service ever.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Worst concierge service ever.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel location and amenities are truly 5*hotel, beach is amazing and so is the staff serving at beach and restaurant.. Clean and spacious rooms overlooking the amazing ocean.. The one thing that ruined our stay is the concierge service. We were planning to go to New York where the weather is freezing so wanted to send all our summer cloth back home through FedEx instead of carrying them over to New York City. I called the concierge to arrange this and he asked me to send "the items" to him, I went to see him to explain what we want to send and he actually recommended to put all our cloth in plastic bag and through it in the garbage.

This was really the worst st Regis we went to, it was really bothering me till I checked in to peninsula New York where they offer to run to pharmacy and get you medicine delivered to your room. That's what I call excellent concierge service.

Stayed December 2013
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear HJ1974,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am very concerned with the details of your experience with our concierge, and would like to learn more about the situation. If you could kindly phone me to discuss, I would welcome the opportunity. I can be reached at 305.993.3310. I look forward to speaking with you.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have stayed many times since the St Regis opened. The rooms are divine, so chic, yet cozy at the same time. The service is impeccable. The doormen and valets are so welcoming. Every evening we have a before dinner cocktail at the J&G bar. Gisette and Frankie are the ultimate mixologists. They are so busy yet make the time to chat and keep you entertained. The gym is so clean and has well maintained and plenty of equipment. We never sit by the pool but while we are at the gym we can see how efficient the outdoor staff are. We travel monthly for leisure and stay at 5-star hotels. This property is consistently top notch. We just returned home today from a one week stay and are already planning our return in April. Joanne and John Toronto

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Joanne & John,

Thank you for the kind review of your recent return visit to Bal Harbour. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay, and greatly appreciate the kind feedback you've shared here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bal Harbour in April.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have stayed at a fair number of Starwood hotels all over the world and the St. Regis Bal Harbour is quite easily the best property that I've been to in the brand. For some local perspective, in Miami / Ft Lauderdale I stayed at the St. Regis, Ritz South Beach, Ritz Key Biscayne, Kimpton Epic, and W Fort Lauderdale in the same month. All are excellent properties with attentive service. The St. Regis is my choice out of the group though. [Disclaimer: I prefer hotels within short distance to a variety restaurants and shops. If you want complete quiet and seclusion, the Key Biscayne is just as good as the St. Regis, but is situated in a much more discreet location.] The St. Regis property itself is spacious, impeccably maintained, and has just about anything that you'd want in a top-end resort. The rooms were spacious and pristine. The pools and beach are excellent. From the beginning until the end of our stay the service had an almost unparalleled attentiveness to it. Mind you I stayed as an SPG platinum guest on points; i.e, no Ferrari in tow. But that made no difference; you felt as though the hotel staff genuinely cared about proactively attending to you and making your stay as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible.

Regarding being an SPG platinum member, the St. Regis provided to me by far the best service for being a platinum member from any SPG hotel that I have stayed at. The desk staff politely greeted me and patiently described to me the various amenities that the hotel offers to its platinum guests. Without me asking, the hotel upgraded us to an immaculate 1500 sq ft ocean-front suite with two balconies, a living area, dining table, kitchen, and two and a half bathrooms - it was an incredible room in general, and an unexpectedly generous upgrade relative to what I've been offered at other hotels in the past. If you're SPG platinum, definitely make a point to ask about upgrades - it's worth the effort.

Thank you for a great stay! I am excited to visit the St. Regis again.

Dear Michael K,

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We are happy to hear your recent stay exceeded your expectations, and that you enjoyed all of the benefits SPG Platinum status provides. We look forward to your next visit with us in Bal Harbour.

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

6 stars hotel with a hyper modern infrastructure. Excellent service, great rooms. Direct elevators to the desired floor are most efficient and avoid waiting. Hotel might however lack some warmth and intimity which can be found in more traditional hotels. Location Bal Harbour is still 30 min away from South beach and requires to commute during 30 min to get there. Breakfast and menu a bit overpriced. Otherwise very much worth a visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Thatias,

Thank you for sharing feedback of your recent stay. We are happy to hear you would give us 6 stars, and you were impressed with the hotel, amenities, and most importantly our service. We take great pride in our level of service, and I will be sure to share this with our teams. We look forward to your next visit to Miami's best address.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The best hotel in Miami, 5 star all around, including excellent staff.

Special thanks to:
Jose - Door Attendant
Kurt & Sabrina - Pool
Barri, Philip, Juan, Jose & Dominic - Pool Resto/Bar
Harry and Andy - Beach

MP

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear MSP,

Thank you for sharing the kind staff feedback with us. We will be sure to share this with each and every member you mention. We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Bal Harbour.

Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The St Regis Bal Harbour will make you feel like a King or Queen from the moment that you arrive, until you sadly depart. There is not an Employee that you encounter that is not fully committed to providing you with the BEST SERVICE POSSIBLE. Particularly noteworthy is the service level provided by Tranquility Pool Attendants. The Tranquility Pool is an "Adult Only" facility on the property that is quiet and BEYOND relaxing. This is a place where my Family and I spent 6 BEYOND ENJOYABLE hours per day, at least. All of the Tranquility Pool Attendants and Servers were GREAT. Two of those Tranquility Pool Attendents named Wagner and the other named John truly went over and above to make our stay at the St Regis Bal Harbour EXCEPTIONAL. These 2 Young Men understand that the St Regis Hotel Guests spend the most time in their care and they MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO DO WHATEVER THEY CAN TO MAKE YOUR STAY VERY SPECIAL. These guys TRULY understand the Hospitality Business!! To put it bluntly, I wish they worked for ME in my Business!

Room Tip: My Room had a VERY LOUD, DISTURBING PLUMBING NOISE when we turned on the Sink Water. A Hotel Engine...
Dear Jerseyboy1956,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to hear your experience exceeded your expectation, and that our service made your trip extra special. I will share your kind words with Wagner and John from our Pool & Beach team, as I know they take tremendous pride in their work. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bal Harbour.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days, perfection from start to finish. The room almost 700 square feet was beautiful- incredibly comfortable beds. The amenities were first-rate and the service uniformly very friendly. The pool area is restful- there is even a getaway pool for adults only..
The staff even ran to Publix down the street to buy a rubber bath mat because the shower floor was slippery! I cannot recommend THIS Hotel too highly.
We recently stayed at the Hassler in Rome, le Siraneuse in Positano and the Majestic in Barcelona- all exceptional properties- the St. Regis tops them-utterly remarkable. We hope to return often
Bon Voyage- K Meloff Toronto

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
Dear Kmeloff,

Thank you for the very kind review of your recent stay. We are delighted to hear the stay was 'perfection,' and we look forward to your next visit to Bal Harbour.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!