“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Folsom, CA
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I booked several nights at the St. Regis after staying in Orlando. We are SPG Platinum Members and booked with points. I was a little concerned from some of the reviews on here that we would receive lesser treatment, but the service was all around outstanding.

We arrived late morning and our room wasn't ready yet, but the woman at the front desk offered us the opportunity to hang out by the pool and gave us a coupon booklet. One of the discounts was for 50% off one of their oasis cabanas, so my husband and I decided to go for it. The cabana came with a beautiful fruit plate and bottled waters. We ended up ordering the fish tacos for lunch out there and they were fantastic.

After our room was ready, we checked in and it was probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in. Everything is high end, with nice lighting, a TV in the bathroom mirror, wonderful bedding and a large balcony with chaise lounges. The turn down service was very nice as well.

As part of our platinum membership we were offered a complimentary ocean front beach villa, so we used that the second day. It was incredible with the air conditioned cabana with private wet bar, shower, restroom, day bed, and more. We spent the day in lounging outside on the chaise lounges. The only downside, is that we realized several hours into it that since it was complimentary we weren't getting some of the amenities that the other villas received (such as the bottle of champagne). You do get your own butler and ours did a great job of bringing everything that we needed.

Since we were enjoying the resort so much, my husband and I ended up having dinner in our room out on the balcony. It was the best room service we've ever had. The server moved our outdoor dining table so we had the best possible view of the ocean. She would not leave our room until we had sat down, she placed our napkins in our lap and told us about our dishes. It was such a nice evening!

All in all, we would love to head back to this resort if we are ever in the area in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear trigirl81,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. As a valued SPG Platinum member, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent, apart from one small point I'll mention in a bit. Rooms are fantastic, large and very well-appointed. Service is very good. Views are simply breathtaking and the staff are very good. However, I was irritated when I asked for hot water to make tea in my room, and found there was nothing in the room to make hot water. When it was brought to my room, I found a room service charge of US$14 which was outrageous for hot water when the hotel didn't provide any facilities in the room for me to boil water. I pointed this out and the charge was waived, but I was left to feel like the hotel was doing me a big favour. This is pretty basic and should not have been an issue.

Room Tip: ocean view! Although I think all rooms may be ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Stephen021,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Although I am pleased that you have shared some positive comments about your experience, I am disappointed that it was not a flawless stay for you. I will share your feedback with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hotel Manger
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wy wife and I just spent a few days at the St Regis Bal Harbour and we were wowed in every way. The service, rooms, and property are outstanding. Here are the details:
We arrived early so our room was not ready yet, we checked in which in was super smooth then we went to the pool there are facilities with lockers outside the pool so you can change and store stuff. There is a kid friendly pool and a "tranquility" (adult) pool both are fantastic depending on your need. There was enough help at the pool to make sure that your chairs were set up and to bring food and drink without being overbearing. We had several drinks at the pool all were excellent.
As we booked through Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts we were upgraded to a Jr suite the room was amazing we had the nicest view we have ever had. From our balcony straight ahead was just beautiful water. If you turned slightly to the left you could see the entire coast all the way to Ft Lauderdale. The Balcony was a great touch, it was so nice to chill out there, we also had breakfast on the balcony which was equipped with lounge chairs and a small table and chairs.
We took advantage of the butler service and all our requests were all handled perfectly and quickly.
If you like Spa's you wont be disappointed my wife went for some treatments and said "they were the best she has ever had".
The only negative I can think of was that one of the robes in the room was a little dirty but I'm going to give them a pass as every other detail was perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear 87LSC,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and I am so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I do apologize for the dirty robe in your room, I will share your feedback with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Windermere, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I came here for a quick anniversary trip. The service is impeccable. You are treated like royalty from the time you pull up until you are escorted to your room by your own 'butler'. The rooms are lovely. They have every high tech gadget imaginable. The beds are very comfortable. The views are beautiful. The bathroom has the finest finishes as well as a completely separate area for the toilet. And the room had a 'walk-in' closet! I loved that!! I FINALLY had enough room to hang both of our clothes. The hotel is right across the street from the Bal Harbour mall which has some of the finest stores. The beach is just beautiful and the pool is wonderful. We ate in the restaurant several times and the food was delicious. We loved it so much we are making this an annual trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shawna H,

Thank you so much for your positive review about your stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am thrilled to read about your great experience at the Resort and indeed, all our guest rooms, studio suite and suites have the spectacular and breathtaking ocean view.

I certainly hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the best address in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was my second trip to the St. Regis Bal Harbour. After my last stay, I had a lengthy list of issues that I felt were keeping the hotel from realizing it's full potential. After my return trip, I can confidently say that this is now one of the premier beach resorts in the US. Almost all of the complaints I made in my first review have been addressed. What follows is a short list of changes made since my last stay that I feel have made a substantive difference in the quality of my stay.

The check-in process is much more streamlined and instead of being presented with water, we were all given a glass of rosé that was much appreciated after a day of travel. The privacy of the rooms is much improved through the addition of frosted glass panels on all of the balconies. While the staffing level of the port-chocère is the same, the front doors of the hotel are automatic so no more worries about the door not being opened. Umbrellas on the beach are now free and they have implemented a flag system for service on the beach. Service by the pool was much improved, with the Tranquility Pool being clearly marked and child free. The automatic 18% gratuity is still in place, but it has been wisely changed to read "Service Fee" which for some reason doesn't bother me quite as much when I've ordered one drink. Butler service was attentive, I did not have to make multiple requests for the same issue.

I took a chance by bringing two business associates along with me on the trip. I have to say, it was a great decision. Since we've returned home, they can't stop raving about it and both have said they'd return in a minute. All I can say is that I echo those sentiments. Completely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear mafitch,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am thrilled to read about your great experience during your return visit and appreciate your kind comments.

We look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Passing through Miami we stayed here for one night, but wish it was much longer. It was pure luxury!

The hotel room, pools and beach were all incredible, as was the service at each location. I was especially impressed with the quality of the beach sand and swimming area. A nicely manicured running/walking trail between the hotel and beach was a definite plus.

I wish I could remember the names of all the staff we met to thank them all. Ismael was so helpful with our luggage both on arrival and departure, and a super friendly guy! The butlers contacted us before arrival to make sure all our needs were taken care of and were so helpful onsite as well.

A nice part of town and a beautiful property!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear SuSanSK,

I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for your recent review of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff and leaders.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you to our address again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

A quick 3 day trip that was met with absolute perfect service. We had a server at J & G Grill, Jon llama, that after a quick question about a toy store, printed directions and called ahead about a Barbie we needed. He, also very thoughtfully, sent a CD of the band we had seen the night before for my husbands birthday. We could not have asked for better cuisine or service. Thank you St. Regis!

• Stayed July 2013
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear DonnaChap,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon Jon, I will share your good feedback. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the St. Regis.

I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!