My husband and I booked several nights at the St. Regis after staying in Orlando. We are SPG Platinum Members and booked with points. I was a little concerned from some of the reviews on here that we would receive lesser treatment, but the service was all around outstanding.
We arrived late morning and our room wasn't ready yet, but the woman at the front desk offered us the opportunity to hang out by the pool and gave us a coupon booklet. One of the discounts was for 50% off one of their oasis cabanas, so my husband and I decided to go for it. The cabana came with a beautiful fruit plate and bottled waters. We ended up ordering the fish tacos for lunch out there and they were fantastic.
After our room was ready, we checked in and it was probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in. Everything is high end, with nice lighting, a TV in the bathroom mirror, wonderful bedding and a large balcony with chaise lounges. The turn down service was very nice as well.
As part of our platinum membership we were offered a complimentary ocean front beach villa, so we used that the second day. It was incredible with the air conditioned cabana with private wet bar, shower, restroom, day bed, and more. We spent the day in lounging outside on the chaise lounges. The only downside, is that we realized several hours into it that since it was complimentary we weren't getting some of the amenities that the other villas received (such as the bottle of champagne). You do get your own butler and ours did a great job of bringing everything that we needed.
Since we were enjoying the resort so much, my husband and I ended up having dinner in our room out on the balcony. It was the best room service we've ever had. The server moved our outdoor dining table so we had the best possible view of the ocean. She would not leave our room until we had sat down, she placed our napkins in our lap and told us about our dishes. It was such a nice evening!
All in all, we would love to head back to this resort if we are ever in the area in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida