“Second Chances” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Second Chances”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was my second trip to the St. Regis Bal Harbour. After my last stay, I had a lengthy list of issues that I felt were keeping the hotel from realizing it's full potential. After my return trip, I can confidently say that this is now one of the premier beach resorts in the US. Almost all of the complaints I made in my first review have been addressed. What follows is a short list of changes made since my last stay that I feel have made a substantive difference in the quality of my stay.

The check-in process is much more streamlined and instead of being presented with water, we were all given a glass of rosé that was much appreciated after a day of travel. The privacy of the rooms is much improved through the addition of frosted glass panels on all of the balconies. While the staffing level of the port-chocère is the same, the front doors of the hotel are automatic so no more worries about the door not being opened. Umbrellas on the beach are now free and they have implemented a flag system for service on the beach. Service by the pool was much improved, with the Tranquility Pool being clearly marked and child free. The automatic 18% gratuity is still in place, but it has been wisely changed to read "Service Fee" which for some reason doesn't bother me quite as much when I've ordered one drink. Butler service was attentive, I did not have to make multiple requests for the same issue.

I took a chance by bringing two business associates along with me on the trip. I have to say, it was a great decision. Since we've returned home, they can't stop raving about it and both have said they'd return in a minute. All I can say is that I echo those sentiments. Completely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear mafitch,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am thrilled to read about your great experience during your return visit and appreciate your kind comments.

We look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Passing through Miami we stayed here for one night, but wish it was much longer. It was pure luxury!

The hotel room, pools and beach were all incredible, as was the service at each location. I was especially impressed with the quality of the beach sand and swimming area. A nicely manicured running/walking trail between the hotel and beach was a definite plus.

I wish I could remember the names of all the staff we met to thank them all. Ismael was so helpful with our luggage both on arrival and departure, and a super friendly guy! The butlers contacted us before arrival to make sure all our needs were taken care of and were so helpful onsite as well.

A nice part of town and a beautiful property!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear SuSanSK,

I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for your recent review of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff and leaders.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you to our address again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

A quick 3 day trip that was met with absolute perfect service. We had a server at J & G Grill, Jon llama, that after a quick question about a toy store, printed directions and called ahead about a Barbie we needed. He, also very thoughtfully, sent a CD of the band we had seen the night before for my husbands birthday. We could not have asked for better cuisine or service. Thank you St. Regis!

• Stayed July 2013
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear DonnaChap,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon Jon, I will share your good feedback. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the St. Regis.

I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The St Regis Bal Harbour is outstanding. i am starwood platinum member and this property is one of the reasons i alwyas come back to starwood. The rooms, the pool, the beach, the food - all amazing. Guest Service Manager Ali is an incredible guy. We love that place and i personally believe it is the nicest city hotel i have seen in the entire world. Continue that way, happy to return

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanview and are very nice
Dear AlexGZurich,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. As a valued SPG Platinum member, we truly appreciate your feedback.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you to our address again very soon.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are big fans of the St Regis brand and love staying at their properties! Bal Harbor did not disappoint! It was our first time travelling with our new baby (4 months) and they made us feel welcome and accomodated all of our needs. We upgraded to an Imperial suite and it was gorgeous it had everything we needed! it is very family friendly and away from the madness of South Beach (which as a childless couple we enjoyed in the past but its all different now)...We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Indot081,

Thank you for the incredible compliment!

I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel over 30 plus weeks per year for business and pleasure. This hotel is one of the most beautiful properties I have stayed at. I was in a junior suite, the room and view was terrific. During the day we had the ocean villas to enjoy and they were perfect! Worth the investment! The workout facility is large and very well equipped. Our only issue was at check in when one of our rooms was not ready. The room did not become available until 6:15 pm. The management staff handled it appropriately and made up for the significant inconvenience. I will most definitely stay at this property again!! Fantastic!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Rachel R,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Florida. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the hotel. Even though our Management team was able to solve the incident to your satisfaction, I would like to apologize for the delay at check in.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything I may be able to assist in the future. I may be reached at 305-993-3310.

York,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our family stayed in ocean front deluxe room on 17th floor from June 26th till 30th. The hospitality begins moment you get off the car at this hotel Very courteous staff who accompanied us with pleasing words and made us seated comfortably while the check-in personnel registered us. They offered free water bottles while waiting to be checked in.
At every step, we found pleasing hospitality and they made us feel pampered. The room was spacious with two wash basins with mirrors and one of them even had a built in TV in the mirror. Everything could be controlled with a central module-control temperature, shears, blinds and lights at the touch of the screen located by the bedside. Very convenient.
At the beach-we were again pampered with free water and water sprays and could order food right on the beach.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Food was excellent for vegetarians like us too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear palur,

Thank you for the incredible compliment! I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!