“One of the best hotels in the world” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Zurich
“One of the best hotels in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The St Regis Bal Harbour is outstanding. i am starwood platinum member and this property is one of the reasons i alwyas come back to starwood. The rooms, the pool, the beach, the food - all amazing. Guest Service Manager Ali is an incredible guy. We love that place and i personally believe it is the nicest city hotel i have seen in the entire world. Continue that way, happy to return

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanview and are very nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear AlexGZurich,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. As a valued SPG Platinum member, we truly appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff and leaders.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you to our address again very soon.

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are big fans of the St Regis brand and love staying at their properties! Bal Harbor did not disappoint! It was our first time travelling with our new baby (4 months) and they made us feel welcome and accomodated all of our needs. We upgraded to an Imperial suite and it was gorgeous it had everything we needed! it is very family friendly and away from the madness of South Beach (which as a childless couple we enjoyed in the past but its all different now)...We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Indot081,

Thank you for the incredible compliment!

I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel over 30 plus weeks per year for business and pleasure. This hotel is one of the most beautiful properties I have stayed at. I was in a junior suite, the room and view was terrific. During the day we had the ocean villas to enjoy and they were perfect! Worth the investment! The workout facility is large and very well equipped. Our only issue was at check in when one of our rooms was not ready. The room did not become available until 6:15 pm. The management staff handled it appropriately and made up for the significant inconvenience. I will most definitely stay at this property again!! Fantastic!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Rachel R,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Florida. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the hotel. Even though our Management team was able to solve the incident to your satisfaction, I would like to apologize for the delay at check in.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything I may be able to assist in the future. I may be reached at 305-993-3310.

York,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our family stayed in ocean front deluxe room on 17th floor from June 26th till 30th. The hospitality begins moment you get off the car at this hotel Very courteous staff who accompanied us with pleasing words and made us seated comfortably while the check-in personnel registered us. They offered free water bottles while waiting to be checked in.
At every step, we found pleasing hospitality and they made us feel pampered. The room was spacious with two wash basins with mirrors and one of them even had a built in TV in the mirror. Everything could be controlled with a central module-control temperature, shears, blinds and lights at the touch of the screen located by the bedside. Very convenient.
At the beach-we were again pampered with free water and water sprays and could order food right on the beach.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Food was excellent for vegetarians like us too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear palur,

Thank you for the incredible compliment! I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The arrival experience was very nice. The valets were extremely polite and attentive to my wife and I the moment we pulled up. I was amazed by the decor as we were escorted to the main lobby where we sat down an checked in. The room was absolutely fantastic and the view was breathtaking. Correct that, "is breathtaking" as I am writing this while sitting on my balcony overlooking the ocean. I had a few visitors stop by last night and gave Guelmi (the valet manager) their names and when they each arrived they were very impressed to find out they were expected and escorted inside. We first sag down in the main lounge an were assisted by Sheryl who was an absolute gem. She always made sure we were comfortable and was quick with a bottle of wine when we needed, not to mention extremely funny. Later we dined at J&G where I gave in and ordered the Tomahawk Steak. I can confidently say that this was the absolute best steak I have ever had. Bravo to the chef! Besides that, the restaurant is very nice and has quite an impressive wait staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear KireNosredna,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our spectacular guest rooms and the magnificent views from your balcony.

Thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon our team - I will share your good feedback with our associates.

I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed in some very nice hotels and the St Regis tops them all to date. Checked in right away, without a wait. We were greeted with the aforementioned champagne cocktail and wet hand towels while taking care of all the check-in incidentals. Being the off season and mid week, we were upgraded rooms. We were shown to our room by a very well mannered butler. Oceanfront with all the bells and whistles, I was impressed. The rooms are exquisite with all the electronic gizmos from lighting to drapes to entertainment. The balcony has chaise lounges, tables, and chairs so you can sit out overlooking the beach and enjoy a cocktail while reading your book and relaxing.

We ate dinner at the signature J & G restaurant. It was one of the best meals of our lifetimes. One of us had the tasting menu and it was divine. The other had a simple filet and potato. The service was fantastic and our waiter had several suggestions while granting every request we made.

I had a facial and massage at the Remede spa. It was the best spa I have ever visited in my life. Be warned that even in the off season appointments were very hard to come by. I'd suggest booking treatments way in advance.

This place is expensive. Everything from the food to the spa to the rooms were steep. Go spoil yourself for a few nights but leave the sticker shock at home and enjoy. You deserve it!

Dear sjp1,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many 5 diamond resorts and physically the hotel matches with those, how ever the front desk staff does not get to that level. I reserved a suite with a butler. The butler team e mailed me a few times, asked me if we had check in and out preferences, I requested an early check in and a late check out. When I arrived I was told the room want ready. That was perfectly understandable , how ever the person checking me in was quite rude about it. I was told it could be an hour or 4 hours. All he did was get me aggravated, because in the end it was 20 minutes. When it came time for check out I requested a late check out, we are platinum so we didn't expect a problem. The first person said no it was not possible. The hotel was empty, I asked some one else and they did get us the late check out. Again I don't see the point of getting the client aggravated if the answer will be yes. The pool side staff was not very attentive. Once you got your chair no one was walking around, taking drink orders. The rest of the staff was excellent. The rooms are beautiful , the terrace is very large and so comfortable. The beach and poolside furniture is the best I have ever seen. You don't need to pay extra for say beds and other couches. The location is amazing. Would over all strongly reccomend the resort

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Gmrm4,

Thank you for your recent stay and your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments, especially as it helps to improve our guests’ experience.

Although I am pleased to learn that you liked our guest rooms with the breathtaking ocean view, I am disappointed that it was not a flawless stay for you. We clearly missed the mark with providing you with an exceptional experience in many areas. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of showing you the value you deserve when staying with us.

Please allow me the opportunity of discussing your comments further so that we can examine the issues which you have noted. I may be reached at 305-993-3310.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!