“Excellent facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
“Excellent facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

The facilities and the amenities are really 5 star. From when you walk in the front door you can see the details in the design and the decor. The pools were beautiful and the gym had the most modern equipment. What bugged me about my stay was some of the protocols such as the check in. The check in was a 15 minute affair, my stay was only one night and the check in took a lot more time than it took me too unpack. As part of the protocol they presented me with a personal letter that listed my platinum amenities, is that really necessary? All in all it was a great night.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Mark Z,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Miami, Florida. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent. Even though the check-in process should not exceed more than 5 minutes, our reception desk staff is trained to explain all your inclusions and amenities when you arrive. As a valued SPG member, you are entiled to such wonderful and exclusive amenities we want make sure you take advantage off while staying with us. Please accept my apology for any frustration this may have caused.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Wonderful customer service. The lobby with its mirrors and shell-like chandeliers is magical. At check-in we were seated with a glass of champagne. Our room (#1906) was over 700 sq feet, with a 200 sq ft covered and furnished balcony. I loved the walk-in mirrored closet, and the bathroom was perfection -- separate sinks, deep soaking tub, large shower, perfect lighting.

The pillows and Egyptian cotton sheets were top quality. Light weight duvet. Very quiet in the room. Electronic drapes and light switches. Security was very well done. Your key would only take you to your level. Security around the pools was high, but well done, with each person checked in and seated as they arrived. The pool beds were so very comfortable! Temp of the water was perfect. Private beach with soft sand. Excellent facilities in the cardio and weight rooms.

The location across from Bal Harbour Shops was excellent. We dined in both restaurants there and enjoyed it. Most top designers are represented in the mall, along with Saks and Neiman Marcus.

Just one small criticism. Maybe it's their protocol, but the maids did not tuck in the bottom sheets, and they arent actually even big enough to tuck in. they appear to be the same size as the top sheets. I was a bit restless because I had a cold, so the sheets were in a bunch under me in the mornings. If I could make only one suggestion, it would be to use fitted bottom sheets.

Room Tip: Ocean front and high floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Renery,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and I am so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The St. Regis Bal Harbour in Florida. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. I will share your comments regarding the sheets with our management staff.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis Bal Harbour for a girls weekend/ bachelorette weekend. St. Regis butler service staff treated me like royalty. The phrase "Your wish is my command" would be an understatement. They gave me everything I asked for, plus went above and beyond my expectations. First, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Walking into the St. Regis is an experience all its own. Chic and modern decor with the most beautiful signature orchids. I received an upgrade to an Oceanview suite which was amazing and very spacious with two balconies that included comfortable chaise lounge chairs. We actually slept on the balcony a few nights because it was so relaxing. About an hour after checking in the door bell rang and the butler handed me a letter and a chilled bottle of champagne. I was a little surprised since we hadn't ordered anything. It was a beautiful handwritten letter wishing me a wonderful and memorable weekend. That was so thoughtful and the handwritten letter made it more personal. (Yes it's the little things that excite me)....thanks Karina it truly was memorable. Later that night we had dinner at J & G Grill. I ordered the crunchy baked chicken which was divine. Highly recommend this restaurant. The setting is stunning. We were seated next to the window and the ocean view is amazing through their 30 foot floor to ceiling windows. The next morning the butler brought us coffee which was the best coffee I have ever had. We received a complimentary Oceanfront Day Villas Presidential Cabanas equipped with wet bars, full bath and showers, days beds, flat screen TV and butler service. Jefferson was great and very attentive. As a platinum Starwood guest, I have stayed in several hotels. St. Regis sets the bar....no actually St. Regis IS the bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Loyalty_1st ,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The St Regis was quite an experience. We pulled up and were asked our names as the bags were unloaded and the car was taken away. When whe walked in the lobby less than a minute later, the front desk staff greeted us by name, had already begun check in, and were ready to complete it. And it was actually a desk rather than a counter - the process happened sitting down - after a gentleman emerged from nowhere with a tray holding two very cold hand towels (it was humid and hot even in December) and flutes of champagne. Not really necessary given my simple tastes, but it was quite the presentation, and my wife said the champagne was fabulous. We were taken to our room by the bellman (anywhere else I would have declined the offer) and it was truly impressive. The door entered into a foyer with floor to ceiling walls and floors made of some natural stone I now don't remember (granite?, marble?), which joined a long hallway (also with the floor to ceiling stone finish). Off one side of the hall was a huge bathroom with a shower and double sinks. He opposite side had another sink and toilet in one room, adjacent to a huge walk in closet. The hallway then ended at the entrance to the bedroom which was beautifully decorated in blue and metalic tones. All very fancy and perhaps slightly femine-looking to my eye. Beyond the bedroom was a wall of windows/sliding door that opened onto a huge balcony with really comfortable lounge furniture that overlooked the ocean. Everything was high tech electronically. The curtains could be opened and closed from th bed. How do I live without this feature at home? As noted in the title, I've not stayed at a nicer, more impressive hotel. We ate once at the pool and once at the restaurant downstairs (breakfast) and both meals were good. I couldn't recommend the St Regis more highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Hesitant-Traveler,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just stayed at this beautiful hotel with my wife for a few nights. Absolutely loved everything about this 5 star resort. Compared to other hotels in Miami, St. Regis is no doubt top of the line service! Our butler Marine welcomed us with champagne and showed us to the room. She prepared an itinerary and recommended best places for us! Thank you again for her outstanding service and attention.. Recommend Claudia at the spa for amazing massages! We will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JRO244,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of The St. Regis.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope you will visit our address again soon.

Hartselle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Saint Reagis we were greeted with a warm welcome! The valet personnel quickly unloaded baggage for 6 travelers. We stepped into the lobby and it was absolutely breath taking. A woman approached us carrying pink champagne was the second person in less than a minute of our arrival to greet us. Wow!!! Many thanks to Frank and GIselle at the concierge desk for going above and beyond to make these "First time MIami" visitors feel like we had the inside scoop with their prompt service and attention. The staff at the pool, gym, beach and the room maids.....your effort and smiling faces don't go unappreciated by our family! Thank you all! We occupied while at the Saint Reagis three rooms(all of which were fantastic)! Miami was beautiful, fun and hard to leave! We will return and will most diffently return to see our friends at the beautiful Saint Reagis. Until then.....all the best! The Bowers

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katrina B,

I am pleased to hear of your exceptional visit and hope I will have the future to welcoming you back in near future.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days. We have stayed in many fine hotels across the country. By far this was the most enjoyable. The hotel is magnificent, rooms are gorgeous. I couldnt get my self to leave the balcony of our room. I just wanted to sit there all day.
The best part was the staff. The word no, is not in their vocabulary. They made us feel like An A-List hollywood celebrity couple. For the 4 days we stayed there, I actually started feeling like a am a superstar.
in particular there was this lovely women at the front desk. Her name was Emily. We were just walking by and started to talk to her. Emily was so nice, and pleasant to talk to. She made us feel like we were a special guest at her own home. Thank you Emily, thank you St Regis!

Room Tip: Make sure you get to see the ocean!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Mark R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the St. Regis.

I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!