This is an update to my March 2012 stay. My wife and I stayed again in November 2012. They have made many improvements since our first stay. The pool and bar staff remain superb. Tony even remembered us from our initial stay in March 2012.
The service level has definitely increased with the butler staff. I'm going to chalk our first stay up to new opening imperfections. This stay was exactly what I expected from a St. Regis property. The breakfast (in room dining) on the balcony was a much more pleasant experience as they have erected nonintrusive privacy shields on each balcony- which means, you finally have privacy! Great concept and very well done.
There were a couple of issues, but they worked them all out. One major was that my room key opened my neighbors room. I only noticed that I was in the wrong room when I noticed the layout. Luckily, both of us kept a level head and made sure that we let the reception area know.
This isn't a long review, but I felt the need to add additional info from my first stay. My wife and I are actually thinking of spending another long weekend at the St. Regis in the coming weeks.
One thing to note- it's very difficult to hire a strong housekeeping staff. They just don't seem happy and have obviously never worked in a place like the St. Regis. Seeing as how they may make more at a different hotel that is busier on South Beach, the St. Regis may have to pay more or something.
Housekeeping is the lone issue (though this is not a MAJOR issue). Once they figure that out, they'll get a 5-star rating from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida