Ah, Bal Harbour! My husband and I recently got away for a long weekend away from the kids, and pressures of life. Our stay at the St Regis was really trouble-free. The check-in was very easy - we were early and our room was not ready so we quickly changed to get on to the beach. The man who checked us in was quite accommodating and Lenny, the butler, was right there to offer us cool towels, cold water, and champagne. Lovely! We quickly got to the beach where we had phenomenal service, shout out to our waiter Jasper...he anticipated everything we needed and couldn't have been nicer. The other woman on the beach that served us was great - I think her name was Brenda - so nice! Once the room was ready we headed up and were quite impressed. Huge room, amazing bathroom. Although strangely, the shower does run all over the floor of the bathroom - weird design. We just put a towel at the edge of the shower door. Must be a bummer for housekeeping though! The high tech light and drapery switches were a little annoying but I guess that's what cool in 2013?! Whatever - it was all pretty great. We asked for a coffee maker in our room; odd that for the price they don't just put one in there. But once we had breakfast downstairs we understood why....$6 for a cup of coffee?????!!!! Someone is making a fortune on coffee at the St Regis and I have a feeling that they're not sharing it with the growers in Costa Rica. Are you kidding me????? We were offended at the GOUGING of prices on the food there. Understandably, it's the St Regis, but really? Still don't like being taken advantage of quite so much ... might need a kiss first, if you know what I mean. Regardless, I loved the property...beautifully manicured, the staff were all so accommodating, the spa is fantastic, every person that worked there that we came into contact with was just wonderful. Steven, our "butler", as far as I know he was one of the concierges, did email me before our stay and helped by making some dinner reservations for us and answering some other questions. He was great. It was a wonderful getaway...truly chic hotel and quite fabulous but definitely annoyed at the gouging on food prices. Would love to stay again...bringing my own coffee next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Travelocity, HotelsClick, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Priceline so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida