“Not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Naples, Florida
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff at the front desk were disingenuous and condescending. The butler phoned our room and woke me because the "do not disturb" sign was on the door. The room service order was wrong. I did like the jazz in the bar, and drinks were great. Just way too precious and pretentious for the cost.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Chopstick224,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Florida and your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments, especially as it helps to improve our guests’ experience. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of showing you the value you deserve when staying with us.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues with your further if you wish and can be contacted at 305-993-3310.

Kind regards,

626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
boca raton, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I live about 45 minutes north in Palm Beach C We had friends visiting from New York and decided to take a quick retreat to Bal Harbour.
We decided to stay at the St. Regis for the weekend!! we loved it!! The hotel is gorgeous!! The room beautiful and very spacious. We were able to check in early as well. The restaurants for breakfast and lunch were quite good. I have to admit their signature restaurant (which was part of the reason we chose to stay here) was very disappointing.
But overall I would definitely stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: They give discounts to AAA members.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear beauoli,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Although I am pleased that you were upgraded and have shared some positive comments about your experience, I am disappointed that it was not a flawless stay for you.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns about our siganture restaurant J&G Grill further if you wish, and may be reached at 305-993-3310.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Greensboro, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Came to the St Regis for a long weekend. Hotel is incredible. Rooms are beautiful. Balconies are huge. Bathrooms have an incredible rain shower. Service is superb. Food is also excellent, especially breakfast and the lunch sushi. Pools are top notch. Cannot wait for a return visit. Hotel is not 5 star, it is a 6 star resort.
Exceeded are expectations

• Stayed April 2013
Dear 1412510ark,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My boss is currently staying in the Florence Italy property. I needed to get documents to him for signature, but couldn't call internationally from my work line or cell phone. I was a bit worried about the timeliness of accomplishing the important task. I ended up calling the Bal Harbour property and was connected to Giselle at the concierge desk. She calmly explained what she was going to do, and after some research - came back to me with the information I needed. No faxing was necessary: she gave me the e-mail address for the Florence concierge desk - and they worked with me (and my boss) to get the documents back timely. Kudos to her for dealing with a small issue to her - but a HUGE concern of mine. Giselle, thank you so very much for your assistance to me. Kind Regards.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MichaelB33919,

Thank you so much for your positive review about The St. Regis Bal Harbour Concierge Team. I am thrilled to read about your great experience - thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon Giselle - I will share your good feedback with her.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you to the best address as a guest one day!

London,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been visiting the Miami area from London for over 15 years and have seen the area change in terms of different hotels sprouting up. I have stayed in many of those hotels from Aventura to South Beach but now I have to say that the St Regis for me is the best of the best. The hotel has been exceptionally fitted and furnished, with the bedroom and bathroom being one of the finest I have stayed in anywhere in the world. Bal Harbour shops right across the road along with my favourite Italian restaurant it doesn't get any better !

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any as all have great sea views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Travelking997,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Miami, Florida. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was staying with my son for two nights at the Bal Harbour. They put me in room 1404. Four bad experiences: the refrigerator was so noisy that we woke up in the middle of the night, the wind came so strongly through the door that it was whistling like hell, the door of the shower was so sharp that my son was injured and the door of the room did not close properly without forcing with a lot of power. The atmosphere of the hotel is very impersonal. We will never come back. PS: I am a Starwood preferred gold member ...

Room Tip: Never go into 1404!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear 941peterw941,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel.

Although you are already in touch with Mr. Said Haykal, Front Desk Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour, I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with your further if you wish, and may be reached at 305-993-3310.

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The best hotel in all of Florida, without a doubt.

100% five star luxury environment, in the best part of Miami Beach.

We arrive and were greeted with open arms, and a person immediately came running to help with luggage and bags. The main lobby is filled with extravagant art, its really just breathtaking. You definitely feel like you are being surrounded by the very best.

Check-in was a breeze, took less than 5 minutes, the receptionist at concierge was just the sweetest. She made sure everything would be just perfect for our stay. I felt like a VIP on my honeymoon again!

We went to our suite, our luggage waiting inside, HI NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SO SOON, lol. There were robes and slippers, and candy on our pillows. There were nice bath salts waiting in the gorgeous bathroom. Our room felt like out very own private spa. So relaxing after the everyday hustle and bustle of NYC.

Then the butler came, and he was the cutest sweetest man. He assured us that our every whim would be taken care of.

I can't wait to sleep in the cozy looking bed tonight. And i can't wait to go to the gorgeously empty pool and private beach tomorrow. Definitely going to fit in a spa treatment as well. Can't wait!

Even though I'm here right now I feel as if I already can't wait to come back, what a fantastic feeling !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ricardo M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Our staff truly takes pride in providing service that is beyond expectations. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the St. Regis.

I look forward to having you return for many years to come.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!