“Wonderfull hotel , very special Butler Service .” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
“Wonderfull hotel , very special Butler Service .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 20 days. Was The great experience i had in Miami were i traveled every 6 months At Least in The lastima 15 years . I have been in all 5* hotels. But this is The númber One !!!! I had a impression that The Service was The greatest point of diference . And this almost was done for The angel butler Marc that them give me . He made all specials things i would never imagine . I was sick , hás to Go to The hospital , and there He was visiting me to check on me and my needs . Amazing person !!!! When i come back He prepared a HOle thing with coke and sweets made with coke , because He knew this was The most thing i limes when i was filhinho sick . And how about The Vanila tea every night before Bed . oh , i have to sau that he umpack and before i left pack everything with care and profissionalism that made everything perfect . I guess Marc The butler of st Regis is The person who make being in st Regis The most lovely Trip i ever had in Miami . Really Hope everybody there was able to learn with Marc what is The st Regis way of take care of their guest
I traveled with my daughter and my sister and both of them was so happy too with The way He took care of us. All The other people that work in hotel was nothing comparing with this person . I have to say that The people in The grill were so Nice too , we wanted to have dinner with them as much as possible .
Well , just wanted to Thank you so much Marc .
I must say that people on fronteira desk , concierge and valet hás a lot to learn with this guy . Many times we were tareares by them in a way we didn t like .
Marc , if you read this , i want you to know that you are The st Regis spirit !!!!
Hope to be there soon , and feel that The money i spend there Goes to traine everybody to behave as Marc !!!!
Thank you very much for The piecefull, restfull and happiest vacation you gave to me .

• Stayed January 2013
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear christianens,

Thank you for the incredible compliment! I am thrilled to learn that you have had an exceptional stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations during your visit to the best address.

Thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon Butler Marc - I will share your good feedback. Hearing comments from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of The St. Regis.

We hope you will visit our address again soon.

587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The wait staff at the pool restaurant messed up our order every day because of poor English.
Room service and pool restaurant takes forever - only place with good service is the JG restaurant.
The cleaning people never came until the very late afternoon each day, despite several calls and attempts to get them to come sooner.
The hotel is narrow and dark and the main lobby has few windows.
Not many nice indoor places to lounge when the weather isn't good.
Not kid friendly.
Pros are terraces are nice, Bal Harbour shops across the street and good sushi in the lobby restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear BunnySunny,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. I will share your feedback with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues with your further if you wish and can be contacted at 305-993-3310.

Kind regards,

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked for 3 nights for Valentine's Day, I was very excited to try this new hotel right in front of Bal Harbour shops, but we left the next morning...

My first thoughts were that the hotel was very modern, up to date with technology and has an outstanding service. The room is very spacious, very clean and has two big balconies facing the ocean. BEAUTIFUL.
We arrived around 6PM, and ordered room service for diner. Gazpacho, Caviar, Salmon, Pasta to the Crème Brulée, everything was delicious, but our entrance door kept making a weird annoying noise every 20 seconds! (Like a dog was scratching the door) The noise was due to the wind in the corridor making our door move.
We tried to lock it and jam it, but nothing would stop the noise... So we called the front desk to let them know, because we didn't want to be annoyed by the noise, neither get woken up by it.
They said they would send someone to check it out... No one ever came and we didn't bother to call back...

The next morning we got woken up around 9:30AM by construction on the superior floor (hammer). Then there was a first phone call around 10AM, we didn't answer it. Then, a second one around 11AM, which we didn't answer as well...
I couldn't stay in bed anymore, with all the noises and phone calls coming in, so I called the front desk to let them know that the construction at 9:30AM was unacceptable and to know who was trying to call our room, the women had no idea and she told me she would get more information and come back to us. But again, we didn't get any feedback. We figured out the phone system and listened to the message that was left by the front desk manager. He was trying to get a hold of us to let us know that the noise came from the elevator due to the weather that was very windy last night.
Not only did they not come the previous night to fix the situation, but they woke us up to let us know why the noise was there and did nothing about it.

We called the front desk manager back, he was apologizing, but pretty much said there is nothing they could do. The 8th floor are residences and they can't tell them when they can or cannot do construction, which is understandable, but at that point they should have offered us to move to another room! The hotel was DEAD, there was no nobody, for sure they had another room available, but they didn't seem to care. Our door was still doing the noise and there was no wind outside.... It wasn't due to the windy weather, our door was simply loose, and with the elevator going up and down it made our door move!

We live 10 minutes away in a beautiful home. At this point, I was very upset, so I decided to just go back home and cancel the 2 other nights at the hotel. My Tempur-Pedic bed and quiet home was definitely more romantic than my stay at the St-Regis hotel.

When we check-out, they try to offer us a complementary diner at the J&G restaurant and to change us to a room further from the residences, but at that point it was too late... I already packed all my bags and called for my car. We didn't want anything free, we only wanted what we payed for to be has expected from their hotel.

We payed our bill, and told them we might try them another time, the hotel isn't bad at all, but the situation wasn't handled properly...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear philval2,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comment. Although I am pleased to learn that you liked our guest rooms and the breathtaking ocean view, I am disappointed that it was not a flawless stay for you.

We clearly missed the mark with providing you with an exceptional experience in many areas. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of showing you the value you deserve when staying with us.

Please allow me the opportunity of discussing your comments further so that we can examine the issues which you have noted. I may be reached at 305-993-3310.

Kind regards,

Monroe, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We've never had a bad St. Regis property experience, this one was no exception. However having an auto-immune disorder one of my biggest concerns traveling is nutrition. Much to my delight I did not have to even think about it while staying at this property! Their was everything from healthy food options (quinoa on the pool side menu even!) to yoga & a variety of other wellness services readily available.
We travel a lot and occasionally theres someone on staff that just stands out, in this case their were two. Razzel at the spa & Heilda on staff both were two of the warmest, friendliest people you could ever come across! Their positive attitudes & willingness to accommodate us really enriched our St. Regis experience, they stood out so much in fact that this is the first time I've ever felt compelled to write a review about a hotels individual staff members. Oh, I almost forgot Weilda (not sure if I spelled her name correctly) whom served us during one of our business banquets. Myself & another guest were going to pass on the soup course, due to a dairy allergy & without even asking she promptly returned with two non-cream based soups! Thank you St. Regis Bal Harbour for accommodating peoples food allergies & eating preferences, Im normally the one starving ordering room service after these business dinners because I can't eat half the food thats served. This is one of those places that we would return to for our own couples vacation, its nice to see hotels finally caring about nutrition, health & wellness. Thank you, we hope to be back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Clinton7,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Florida. I am thrilled to learn that you have had an exceptional stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the St. Regis. Thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon Razzel, Hilda and Wilda - I will share your good feedback.

I look forward to having you return to the best address, hopefully with your family and some time to relax.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I want to be fair this is a Good hotel , We were excited about our trip to miami and staying at the St Regis, I strongly recommend you not go here if you are looking for a family Vacation, they do not cater for kids well at all, they try but its not really designed for Kids, they have a Adult only Pool, which happens to have Sun all day and the only Jacuzzi in the whole property, it was cold and my Kids were freezing we went up to use the Hot pool and were asked to leave, due to so older people complaining , they do not cater well for children Here at the St Regis unless you are willing to be second behind there " adult only crowd" , so think long and hard about bringing your family here maybe management will work out parents with Kids spend more and will change this Policy, Staff were great and Management said all the right thing's but they need to decide who they are and who they cater to......they are confused and desperately seeking a personality for the hotel...... they are yet to find it.........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Peter A,

Thank you for your recent stay and your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments, especially as it helps to improve our guests’ experience.

Even though we are proud of the different activities offered for children at the resort, we always welcome new ideas and suggestions. Allow me to highlight a few of the activities offered:

The St. Regis Childrens’ Club (open 7 days a week), which is devised to accommodate children aged 5 - 12 years old, incorporates the educationally based St. Regis children’s learning center. Comprising interactive games and computers, it also features a separate area with stimulating activities for toddlers.

Additionally, Miami Fitness provides kid-oriented activities and a pioneering teen program offers exciting excursions. Both Day Camps, available in half or full-day installments, and Night Camps are offered.

The SPG Kids Pass program is an all-inclusive dining program created specifically for our youngest guests. For a flat daily rate, children of Starwood Preferred Guest members can take advantage of all-inclusive access to a variety of dining options, including a children’s menu and beverages.

Peter A, I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with your further if you wish, and may be reached at 305-993-3310.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just checked out after a loooong 5 day weekend and have mixed reviews. First impressions are spectacular.... lobby, grounds, speedy check in, friendly doormen etc... St Regis quality as expected. The rooms are nice, (24th floor view was wicked) HUGE rooms, although there's so much waisted space and so little substance to make it feel luxurious...This gets annoying as the days roll on. For example, the shower is massive, but it has one basic rain shower head.... with mediocre flow. The rooms sofa looks good, but it isnt big enough to sprawl out and lounge on... and the TV can't be seen when seated on it.... The deck is also massive, but has little privacy. Missed opportunities to impress and make you want to come back. The pools also look good, (pool chairs are amazing).... but - the service is sketchy and the flow and mood is tragically stale... after a couple days its just plain old boring. Even worse, the sun is blocked by the condo towers very early in the afternoon and the 'resort' day ends prematurely. The lower pool has no sun by 1PM , and the upper pool has everyone moving deck chairs around to catch rays... UGH and very uncool and unrestful. Worst of all, children (lots of em) were allowed into the tranquility pool (upper level) very very very uncool.
Bottom line - not Miami cool or hip at all - and you could be anywhere, but instead the hotel leaves you wishing you were somewhere else.

Room Tip: Above the 20th floor, facing south, lower numbers are closer to the ocean (i.e: ending in 15 is the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear SeabournFan,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Although I am pleased that you shared some positive comments about your experience, I am disappointed that it was not a flawless stay for you. I will share your feedback with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

Best Wishes,

long island, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Beautiful property, new, clean rooms and common areas, housekeeping excellent, with outstanding service in every aspect, rooms spacious with beautiful balconies....highly recommend the hotel all around. Employees couldn't do enough to make my stay more comfortable and be accommodating.
(Demitirous helping poolside was great!)

Hope to be back sooner than later.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear travellingwithfour,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!