“Nice three night stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
canada
“Nice three night stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This St Regis is very nice with very comfortable rooms! Rooms have touch lighting and curtains and even a control panel from your bed. Property has more of a condo feel to it than a hotel. Some people would like this since it seems like you are the only one on your floor. Maybe we were when we were there!
Service is rather spotty since you'd call for something and you'd have to call a second time since an hour would pass and find out your request was missed or forgotten. This happened almost each day.
But the overall service was about the equivalent of a Westin or Sheraton.
Not quite at the level you would expect of St Regis.
I have stayed at others so I can compare for example the one in Florence Italy is close to perfect!
The pool is heated so if you hit a cold spell this will help keep the fun going especially if you have little ones.
Having a Rolls Royce Bentley to take you to the mall or to a restaurant was really nice! This is complimentary.
The J&B restaurant is ok but nothing special. I have been to much better restaurants in South Beach. Again the service seemed not overly professional for our one evening. The breakfast was very well served but not a very attractive room for a St Regis.
All in all we had a very nice time but would opt for Ritz Carlton in Miami at this level and cost.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear courtsidefan,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comment. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. We clearly missed the mark with providing you with an exceptional experience in some areas. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of showing you the value you deserve when staying with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Enjoyed the beach and the pool - along with great beach food/beverage service. The concierge gave us wonderful tips on restaurants - in the neighborhood and in South Beach. We walked across the street for unique shopping on the morning that it rained. And our room was perfect - great view of the beach from the balcony where we enjoyed our coffee each morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear dck_333,

Thank you so much for your positive review about your stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am thrilled to read about your great experience at the Resort.

I certainly hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the best address in the future.

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

The whole place is amazing. The views from the entry level and the rooms are amazing. The service is top-notch as has come to be expected from this brand. The restaurant and bar serve great food and drink. The pricing is high-test, but fortunately the quality of the stay and the grounds meet the expectation that comes with such pricing. The pools are beautiful and the hot-tub is super. Worth a trip and a return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear fozzetti,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the best address in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just returned from the Holiday's at the St. Regis Bal Harbour, Florida.

It was an incredible experience and we highly recommend this hotel!!

Our youngest son has food allergies and they could not have been more accommodating.

Chef Leonardo and Chef Judy were fantastic!!

Chef Judy and Chef Leonardo are a credit to Starwood and could not have been more diligent in providing us piece of mind that our son's meals throughout the week were carefully prepared. They made him a variety of meals each day to meet his needs.

They showed genuine interest in making him new and exciting meals rather than a limited selection. Their warmth was truly appreciated and they made us feel like family.

Demetrius in Atlantico was an awesome server. Every morning we were greeted by the friendly hostesses by our names and immediately felt like family. Demetrius had learned our family preferences and consistently provided our family attentive service.

John Garcia, Julio and Maria at the pool provided us with impeccable service each day. They were extremely accommodating at all times even during very chaotic rushes of people wanting lounge chairs and tables for lunch.

Ricardo and Juan with security were wonderful as boys can be boys and they provided excellent first aid for our children and Ricardo even called our house upon our arrival back home to make sure our oldest son was feeling better.

Ludovic and his staff at the front desk were the perfect welcome to this beautiful hotel even at this high capacity time. There service was extremely diligent and they consistently made certain our experience at the St. Regis was as perfect as it could be. They were genuinely concerned that our experience at their hotel was flawless.

Alexander and his colleagues at the valet/bell men were always welcoming and gracious as we would come and go.

The Butler Lenny was a family favorite as well as he was always attentive to our needs and offering to assist.

First Class Hotel with first class staff!!!

Look forward to returning soon and often.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ira L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and I am so pleased that you had a wonderful visit. Thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon our team - I will share your good feedback with our associates.

I look forwrad to welcoming you back to the best address in the near future!

Best regards,

Somerset UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I always spend at least 4 weeks in Bal Harbour every year - always at the Sheraton until it closed. I booked 4 weeks at the St. Regis. The Sheraton always gave me a "special"price for a long stay, but I paid the normal daily rate for my stay in 2012, which is quite a lot for 1 person. Unfortunately I experienced some very bad weather during my stay and spent a lot of time in my room, afraid to venture out during the storms. I was also awakened during the night by a fire warning, and told to leave the roomand go down the stairs. It turned out to be a false alarm, but no mention was made the following day.
Most people who stay at this hotel stay for very short periods, and fellow guests are amazed when I tell them thaqt I am there for 4 or 5 weeks. I do feel that a SPECIAL rate should be given for single travellers, staying long term. I am trying to book for 2013, but the prices per room per night have risen considerably

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear HepburnSomersetUK,

I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for your recent review of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and that you already plan your next visit to the best address. We do offer a dicounted rate (20% discount of the preferred rate) for long term guests, please do not hesitate to contact our in-house reservations department at 305-993-0700 for more details.

I do want to apologize for the false fire alarm during your stay and the inconcenience you experienced. We should have followed up with you, I already met with the team to ensure this will not happen in the future.

We look forward to having you with us again.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My Husband and I recently stayed at the St. Regis Bal Harbour over the Holidays (12/26-12/29) during a short trip to Miami. We stayed for 3 nights at the St. Regis using points (it is pricey even in terms of points - triple what a normal starwoods hotel charges pointswise) but totally worth it. I know that the hotel is expensive as we would have paid around $1200/night for the hotel room we stayed in. My husband is platinum with Starwoods and we chose the St. Regis b/c its a newer hotel and not close to South Beach which we wanted to avoid. We felt the hotel was incredibly nice and we were so glad we chose it. It is a very new hotel and still very nice and new feeling. The lobby and all of the public spaces are very well decorated/appointed and everything feels very upscale. I am someone who really enjoys details and nice decor and I was very pleased with all of the decor and the art work. The architects/designers did a great job with this hotel and I think over time this will be evident.

Overall we felt so pampered staying here. We stayed at a St. Regis in Rome over the summer and so we had pretty high expectations, and we felt that the St. Regis Bal Harbour delivered for the most part.

We had an ocean front suite with a small kitchenette and it was a magnificent room, we both loved it and did not want to leave. The balconies are HUGE and with such amazing views.The bathroom was great, very luxurious, and the kitchenette proved to be pretty useful. The hotel charges ridiculously astronomical prices for the mini bar (were talking $6 for an 8oz coke and $10 for a bag of M&M's - ludicrous) so we stocked up on a few items at the CVS down the street as we don't like feeling like we are being significantly overcharged on ridiculous everyday items. The room also has a system where you can control the lights, drapes and even call for service at the touch of a button, which is also a nice touch, nothing like pushing a button to open the drapes in the morning so you can see that fabulous view without having to get out of bed. The two things the room was lacking were 1 - clothing storage, there was a small closet which my clothes for 3 days filled up, so if there are two people, not really enough space, and 2- the other thing which I noticed many reviewers mentioned was the lack of a full length mirror, which was truly a pain, I had to go out into the main hallway to find a full length mirror which is totally subpar for a hotel of this class, they need to add full length mirrors and could easily do so on the back of the closet door so that when you open it you have a full length mirror to look in. This was a minor oversight with MAJOR impact.

Along with our suite came the butler service, which we did not hesitate to use. We felt like it was pretty good given the size of this resort, there are over 240 guest rooms and the hotel was 99% full when we were there. Each time we called to order coffee, it came within at least a half an hour and usually much quicker. While we never had the same butler, each butler was incredibly polite and they acted very surprised and grateful when we tipped them, almost like they did not expect it and it seemed pretty genuine.

We had breakfast each day in the Atlantico restaurant, its a buffet and it was lovely, with make your own mimosas and a nice array of items to choose from. I will say that compared to the St. Regis Rome, the St. Regis Bal Harbour breakfast was lacking, but it was still sufficient (although not worth the $40 or $50 bucks per person they charge for it, of course we were not paying as it came with our room).

The pool areas are nice and they have private beds you can rent, regular pool chairs are free, another nice touch is that they provide aloe and sunscreen at both the pools and beach, which is so nice b/c its one less thing you have to pack. I personally much preferred the beach where you can swim in the ocean and enjoy the sun and sand. We went to the beach and the service on the beach was perfect. You can raise your flag and the servers come over and get your order or whatever you need. The beach chairs and umbrellas are complimentary too which is nice b/c a lot of hotels now are charging for use of those which is just silly.

The hotel is well located in Bal Harbour right across from The Shops at Bal Harbour (very high end shopping) and restaurants. It was nice to walk around in the shops but they are truly high end and you better bring your black AMEX if you want to shop there.

If you keep walking south past the shops there is a little area with restaurants and shops that is a little more reasonable. There is also a CVS in this area in case you forgot to bring something (like sunglasses).

Some of the other reviews I read complained about the staff not remembering their names, not feeling like it was personalized service, etc. While I would agree that staff did not always know my name, that is also not something I am bothered by. What I realized when staying here was there are a lot of people who stay here who are paying a lot of money and have really high (maybe even ridiculous) expectations of what that means they should be entitled to. Our last name is really hard to pronounce and while the staff often had trouble trying to say it, they tried, and that was very sweet. I didnt feel like they owed it to me to remember my name. They are working at a RESORT that is very busy and has a clientele that asks a lot, if they dont remember my name, its not the end of the world, and lets not forget that the majority of the staff are from other countries and English is not their first language, give them a break, they dont need to remember your name, but they will remember that you asked for coffee and they will bring it for you so sit back and relax and enjoy the fact that you are staying at a hotel that the majority of Americans will never get the opportunity to stay at.

I did not use the spa as I went down to the W at South Beach b/c I had heard great things about Bliss Spa (totally disappointing by the way) but I wish I had gone to the Remede spa, as it looked and smelled amazing and I am sure it would have been much more tranquil and soothing than the dated and dilapidated Bliss Spa at the W.

The workout rooms looked really nice too, but again, I am a runner who would prefer to run on the beach so I did not use the workout facilities, but if you like machines, they have a lot of them. They also offer personal training services on the beach and while we were laying on the beach we watched a couple of people with personal trainers, they were working their butts off and it looked like a great workout, I cant think of a better and more amazing place to workout than the beach.

If you are looking to be close to South Beach or even if you want to go to South Beach, beware that a 6 mile taxi ride from Bal Harbour to South Beach will take you about 30 minutes and will cost you anywhere between $25 and $50.

Also others complained about the balconies not being private, I dont know what balconies they were talking about as the balconies are stepped back so you cant really see your neighbor unless you go to the edge and peek your head around, I dont know who would be doing that, or why and I felt like the balcony was very private.

Overall this is a great resort property, the service is fine, and the amenities are vast, its pricey and you should be aware of that before you go, if you are not looking to spend $15 for a drink then this might not be the place for you.

Room Tip: get a high floor if you can for a great ocean view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SUNandSANDLOVER77,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am thrilled to read about your great experience at the Resort and I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. I will review and discuss the topics you pointed out with our Management team to further improve.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the best address in the near future.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed there for our wedding aniversary. It could not have been a better choice.

The rooms are amazing. Every detail is taken care of. Are very large and comfortable. Every room has a terrace with chaise longue and a table with chairs.

The bed is one of the best that we have tried un hotels. The bathroom had a two person jacuzzi. Everthing was shining new.

The Concierge were very helpfull in every way they could. The help by the most beautifull rose bouquet for my wife. They made our aniversary even better.

The pool area is very nice. The towels and the chair are first class. The service in the pool area was great, with complimentary beverages.

The only thing they have to upgrade is the valet parking, besides taht one of the best hotels thar we have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear maimonidesflorida,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Miami, Florida. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay and that we made your wedding anniversary special.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!