“Amazing time !” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
“Amazing time !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had an amazing time at this hotel ..first , hotel is beautiful with modern features the elevators were cool ,you need your room key to get up to your floor which is a good security feature although the one glitch was with security I'll explain later. The room was amazing tv in mirror in bathroom which was huge we did get up graded to a junior suite . The view from the room was just stunning ! The staff was attentive and very pleasant , the pool was great and the service near the pool was very nice . Although at one point we had to wait before someone came over to help us with towels , when there was staff there and they actually attended to someone else even though we were clearly there first. No big deal , no about the security glitch at one point a another guest entered our room with a key that they stated was their key which freaked my wife out and we were unease leaving the room . We reported the incident and a manager address the situation to our satisfaction . Just wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. The bar and restaurant were very nice with light jazz band every night . I asked the manager if he could arrange something nice in the room for my wife , they did rose petals thur out the room and in the bath which my wife loved ! And they set out chocolate covered strawberries very nice ....we will diffidently be back . Love the St. Regis Bal Harbour !

Room Tip: Just ask nicely when you check in and if it's advailable I'm sure they'll upgrade you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Ivan C,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Bal Harbour during your visit to Florida. I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the hotel.

I do want to apologize for the room key incident during your stay. Even though our Management team was able to solve the incident to your satisfaction, I have met with my staff regarding this matter to ensure this will not happen again.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

588 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We came down for a long weekend getaway. Some years ago we had been to the Sheraton Bal Harbour which I thought was more than adequate. However, I think they did a great job in upgrading the hotel. The lobby sparkles and the rooms are extremely well appointed with the largest balconies I have seen just about anywhere. What really makes the hotel is the service. The entire staff is extremely helpful and very friendly.
This is not a "South Beach" hotel however. The guests are a mixture of age groups; families, 30's+ singles and older couples. This is not a 20s location except for some groups of wealthy foreign tourists. There is a nice mixture of American, South American and European guests. It's what makes Miami what it is. The location of the hotel is also not "South Beach" as it is on 97 th street. Still there are plenty of nearby restaurants and shopping. We were here the weekend of Art Basle so there was a lot of activity but the hotel never felt crowded and there were always seats on the beach and at the pools, both of which are just lovely. Just a note, you have to pay for top notch.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the south side just to get a bit more sun.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Peter A,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and I am so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The St. Regis Bal Harbour in Florida. I hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The service is 5 star, the rooms are 5 star, the food is 5 star. The hotel just opened recently and is absoltuely beautiful! The Bal Harbour shops across the road are amazing, and they have several restaurants that are very good.

Next time we visit we might rent a car - $44 taxi ride to/from airport and $30 taxi ride to/from South Beach. Driving did not seem too crazy - although it was nice not having to drive anywhere.

Room Tip: Ocean Front
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Lisa F,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I look ofrward to welcoming you back to the best address in the future.

Kind Regards,

East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a great hotel with beautiful rooms. I would however say it was probably for an older generation of guest. It was typical St Regis style, very happy and attentive staff, and very classic design. The pool area and spa were lovely. I did have a full massage which was great, and use of the spa afterwards which was lovely. Location is just across from the beach, and the option to walk for miles either way which is good. We had breakfast at Atlantico which was lovely, with so much choice. My only complaint was the waiting staff were very slow taking orders and bringing you the food. I also called down one day to request the use of hair straightners to be told I'd be called when a set were free, and then 2hrs later when I called back was then told they don't allow guests to use them outside of the spa area! Sometimes felt the staff really couldn't be bothered. Apart from this the hotel was lovely, and I am aware it hasn't been open that long, so things may improve.

Room Tip: If you don't like heights definately request a low floor room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Leaniebeanie,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and I am so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The St. Regis Bal Harbour in Florida.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. I do apologize for the slow service and the confusion with the hair straightner, I will share your feed back with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

I hope to welcome you back to the best address in the near future!

Best regards,

NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Almost done with my four night stay here and I have to say I love how modern everything is. The J&G grill and the hotel room service have excellent food. The platinum breakfast is continental breakfast in the Atlantico restaurant. It includes mimosas, breads, pastries, deli meats, smoked salmon, and fruit. To buy up to the hot buffet, it's $16 per person. My wife and I did try it one day and the food was delicious. It usually includes bacon, chicken sausages, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, bread pudding, roasted potatoes, and eggs any way you want. The pools, grounds, and gym are all excellent.

I was upgraded to a "suite" too but it's really just the "Grand Luxe Oceanfront Room." It did include Butler service. I did notice that I had to get my Ambassador to get them to upgrade me to this room.

I don't think I would plan to come back to this hotel again though. The service was mediocre at best. The Butler service was unreliable. We ordered coffee a few times and most times it took around 45 minutes. One morning, we called it in at 7 AM. Three calls and an hour and a half later, we finally received it. The staff consistently forgot things. At lunch one day we asked for a side of fries and had to remind the staff a couple of times before they brought it to us. I asked for a couple of diet cokes with our room service dinner and they forgot that. We asked for extra biscotti to go along with our coffee and that was forgotten.

The hostess staff at breakfast seemed to be too busy to seat us. They would always ask us to wait when there were open tables available. It seemed like we were getting on their nerves to ask for a seat. They were all way too busy for us.

I do have to give credit to the doormen and the servers at breakfast. They were really friendly and helpful.

I am unsure why the service was so bad. We tip generously and treat everyone with respect. I really wanted to like this hotel but we won't return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear vrundmc,

I wanted to thank you for the detailed feedback on your experience at the hotel. It is clear that we did not live up to your expectations or deliver on the brand promise we set out to in multiple facets.

As you are already in touch with Jose Chavez, Director of Front Office, I would also like to welcome an opportunity to discuss your feedback with you further if you wish. I may be contacted at 305-993-3310.

Warmest Regards,

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort recently for business, and I found it to be one of the most exquisite and captivating hotels in Miami. From the moment I arrived, the smiles and greetings from the staff were very polite and welcoming. My room was decorated to detail and the unlimited amenities were bespoke which I enjoyed over the beautiful view of the beach from my balcony. The ambiance in the spa was relaxing and refreshing. Pool attendants (Jessie and Yen) were not only helpful but also made my time outside more enjoyable with their company and suggestions of material to read. Throughout the hotel, the environment was pleasant and the staff was attentive to my every need. I travel often and have been to many 5 star hotels all over the world and I believe that the St. Regis can possibly be close to one of them if they filtered out the employees that were not trained with common courtesy. I was having an exceptional time, until I decided to eat at the Fresco restaurant on Saturday afternoon. I sat at the first available table which I noticed was dirty. A busser by the name of Julio Rodriguez quickly came over to service the table. Thinking that he would replace the dirty place mats that were on the table with new clean ones, Julio pulled out a blue dirty rag from his back pocket and proceeded to the clean the table in front of me throwing all the crumbs on the floor beside me. After he wiped down the table in such an unsanitary way, Julio asked me if I would like to order. Since I explained to him that I was in a hurry, I replied “yes”. Anticipating that he would quickly send over one of the waiters dressed in all white, Julio pulled out a note pad and still with the dirty blue rag now full of food in hand he proceeded to take my order. The highlight of my disgusted experience at Fresco was when Julio took the order. He practically handled the note pad and now newly note pad holder (the blue dirty rag) very close to my face not giving me much personal space!! I am not the type of individual to cause a scene at a restaurant but I was absolutely appalled with the service I received from Julio the busser. Other than this one mishap, my stay was impeccable and outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear JR,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comment. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. It is clear that we did not live up to your expectations or deliver on the brand promise we set out to in multiple facets. Please know that I will be sharing the feedback directly with our Managment, so they can address with their teams and not allow this to happen in the future.

Please allow me the opportunity of discussing your comments further if you whish.I may be reached at 305-993-3310.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Big rooms, modern design big balconies with ocean views. They checked us in early and allowed us to check out late. Ground crew professional and not looking for tips. Beach great. Location across the street from Bal Harbour mall great. I did feel a little constricted by my food choices and the fact that I had to pay for coffee in the morning. I think I would happily spend more money here, and wished management realized it was a 5 star hotel and not charge for essentials.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear AnonNYC_11,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

All junior suites and full suites feature the legendary St. Regis Butler service where guests have the opportunity to order complimentary coffee and tea in the morning. For all non -suite guests, we offer coffee maker upon requests.

Hope you and your family stay with us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!