“Epitome of a 5-star hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Boston, Massachusetts
“Epitome of a 5-star hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Attended a conference here - the hotel is breathtaking, truly a 5-star property. Highly recommended for a luxurious experience. The rooms are beautiful with stunning ocean views. The food was top-quality and the bar, while small, had a lovely intimate vibe where strangers felt comfortable speaking to each other.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear teaism,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our spectacular guest rooms and the magnificent views from your balcony.

I am pleased to hear of your exceptional visit and hope I will have the future to welcoming you back to the best address in future.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed only one night, but will definitely come back. We had a room on the 20th floor with a large balcony and a stunning view. Went to dinner at the J&G restaurant which we enjoyed. Can't say anything about the spa, as we didn't have time enough to go there.

Room Tip: Take a room in the upper floors. The view is worth the "investment".
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Erika D,

Thank you for your positive review about your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am thrilled to read about your great experience at the Resort and indeed, all our guest rooms, junior suite and suites have the spectacular and breathtaking ocean view.

I certainly hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the best address in the future.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I just returned from a long birthday weekend at the St Regis in Bal Harbour. From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted by the staff who all on their game and very eager to please. The St Regis is a true world class resort with every amenity. I highly recommend everyone experience this amazing and beautiful property. Watch your backs South Beach there is a new Prince in town!

Room Tip: All the rooms have an amazing sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Anthony V,

Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. We are honored that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of The St. Regis.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope you will visit our address again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a beautiful hotel! I was able to check in earlier and the staff immediately took care of me. My room was on the 10th floor facing the ocean. The terrace was huge and the view amazing! My husband and I had dinner at J&G Grill and it was very good. The waiter was very friendly and had many great recommendations....we ordered the halibut and stone crab specials and the steak for 2 was delicious. You must try the ginger cosmopolitan...it is one of the best I've had.
Although we were only there for one night we really wanted to spend as much time in the room as possible. We ordered room service for breakfast and it came within 1/2 hour from calling. We ate on the terrace while looking out at the ocean. It was a great stay! This is truly a 5 star hotel and if you like shopping you just walk across the street to the Bal Harbor shops.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear loverofdogs,

Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a discreet experience of bespoke service.

Dant Hirsch,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just stayed at the St-Regis for a weekend and the hotel is excellent. We really enjoyed the big terrace with two confortable sofas. Service was great and the overall experience was worthed! Can't wait to go back with the kids for Xmas.

Dear a_nadeau,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

Thank you!

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were very pleased with the beautiful and sophisticated St Regis Bal Harbour. All the service was top notch in the hotel. The check in experience was lovely and they brought us towels and champagne on a silver tray as we checked in. We only had one rolling bag so really wanted to just bring it up to our room by ourselves but the elevator and room technology really requires them to show you it at least once so we were accompanied to our room.

We were upgraded to a Grand Deluxe room and it was spectacular. Their was a separate bathroom with toilet and sink (put my husband's toiletries in there) and a large master bath with tub and walk in rain shower. Loved the amenities (although had trouble getting the shower gel out of the heavy packaging!) and the lights. They had a lighted makeup mirror (I notice more and more hotels are finally getting this amenity correct) and the bathroom had a TV in one of the mirrors which I put on music.

the bedroom was wonderful with a lovely banquet style couch. the whole room was in lovely grey tones. The bed of course was just like heaven.There was a wonderful bar set up complete with Champagne glasses and the mirror walk in closet had enough space for weeks worth of clothing!

But the absolute best part was the balcony. Private yet huge and a wonderful view of the beach. The weekend we were there was quite breezy so we didn't get down to the beach but we did do a half hour at the adult only pool. It was lovely.

Service was top notch.

The not so great? Well I expected so much more from the J&G Grill. My soup and Foie Gras were superb but the "tomahawk steak for 2" was just about the same steak I could get at Flemings and the vegetables/potato that came with it were boring and uninspired. I mean it is all very fresh and so on but nothing special and definitely not worth the tab. Service was excellent again and we loved our waiter. The markup on the wine was a bit high as well. Speaking of that, they automatically tack on 18% gratuity and a resort fee to everything. so the 2 drinks we had at the pool (in plastic cups) were over $40 - ouch. Parking (we drove from home) was $40 for overnight and my daughter met us and it was $20 for her to be there for 4 hours.

The bar was lovely - we did the nightly champagne ritual and got a free half glass of champagne there so that was nice as well. Wish we had gone back after dinner to listen to the band but we wanted to enjoy our room some more.

Breakfast was not good at all, I would never go back for breakfast. We skipped the buffet which didn't seem to have a lot on it and nothing made to order. The menu was not extensive. I ordered 2 eggs over easy (came out over medium) and bagel toasted dark (came out white). They didn't have regular decaf tea. I also asked for no potato but they came with it anyway. Water was not refilled quickly, the butter was ice cold and not a lot of it. So 2 eggs, one bagel and one piece of sausage was $18 -- plus the gratuity and the resort fee - a total of $53 for the two of us. That is just excessive. The presentation of everything was lovely but I will take substance over style when I am paying this much for food. Next time we will eat across the street at one of the coffee shops there.

all in all, I would recommend this hotel as a lovely place to stay but suggest you eat elsewhere which is not hard to do in Miami!

Dear joannt59,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and I am so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The St. Regis Bal Harbour in Florida.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. I do apologize for the dissapointment at our signature restaurant J&G Grill as well as the breakfast buffett. I will share your feed back with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training. We do offer a new style of breakfast since November, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to experience the changes.

Best Regards,

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is one of the most gorgeous properties that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting and hands down takes the cake for most beautiful room I have ever stayed in. My boyfriend and I stayed here in a Grand Luxe Ocean Front suite. The view of the Atlantic and the stretch of pristine beach from BOTH of our huge balconies was absolutely breathtaking and one that I will never forget. I highly recommend this room. We ate breakfast on the balcony 2 of the 3 days that we were here and every evening I enjoyed a glass of wine and a book while listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach below. This room was amazing so if you can swing it then don’t even give it a second thought. As mentioned in other reviews the balconies can feel close together the way that they are positioned on a diagonal however I think that ultimately this is an attribute to the hotel because it pretty much guarantees that there are no “bad views”. The beds are extremely comfortable and the master bathroom was a girls dream comes true with a rainfall showerhead and a deep soaking tub. Did I mention the TV that is inside of the mirror? Ladies, you can leave your face wash, shower gel, shampoo & conditioner at home. The St. Regis has fabulous quality amenities that are amply restocked. Save room in your suitcase for your bathing suits and flip flops because the outdoor amenities are impeccable and no attention to detail is spared. The pools are perfect for spending an entire day lounging on the comfy chairs and daybeds, reading, swimming and sunbathing. Service at the beach is relaxed yet attentive. The food from Fresco is delicious and served in perfect portions, exactly what I want to eat while spending a day in my bikini. I highly recommend the Puerto Vallarta Fish Tacos. The food at the J&G Grill is also excellent, fresh and beautifully prepared. The gym facilities are top notch with plenty of new high tech cardio equipment, Kinesis stations, free weights and machines. Your workouts will not suffer here.
A few kinks could be worked out in the spa which I’m sure will come in time since it is relatively new. I honestly thought the breakfast buffet could use a little work too. It seemed as if it were trying too hard (if that makes sense). Portions were a bit small for my BF’s liking and breakfast is his favorite meal while away on vacation but I suppose this is what happens once you have experienced the wonder that is the breakfast at the Kahala Resort & Spa in Oahu. I value good service and I know a lot of people love to be fussed over so if you like that then you will not be disappointed. I can’t really fault them for being too accommodating and attentive but personally, I thought that it was a little over the top for my liking and believe the staff will find the perfect balance as they grow. The location could also be a downfall for some. It is pretty far north. About a 20 – 25 minute cab ride to the South Beach area where a lot of fantastic restaurants and people watching can be found. This was fine for us since we only wanted to experience that for a few hours and then we were right back to the peace and serenity that is The St. Regis Bal Harbour. Thank you for a lovely and memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Cici14,

I am pleased to hear of your exceptional visit and hope I will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to the best address in near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!