“Only stayed 1 night but LOVED it!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
New York City, New York
“Only stayed 1 night but LOVED it!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a beautiful hotel! I was able to check in earlier and the staff immediately took care of me. My room was on the 10th floor facing the ocean. The terrace was huge and the view amazing! My husband and I had dinner at J&G Grill and it was very good. The waiter was very friendly and had many great recommendations....we ordered the halibut and stone crab specials and the steak for 2 was delicious. You must try the ginger cosmopolitan...it is one of the best I've had.
Although we were only there for one night we really wanted to spend as much time in the room as possible. We ordered room service for breakfast and it came within 1/2 hour from calling. We ate on the terrace while looking out at the ocean. It was a great stay! This is truly a 5 star hotel and if you like shopping you just walk across the street to the Bal Harbor shops.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear loverofdogs,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our spectacular guest rooms and the magnificent views from your balcony.

Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a discreet experience of bespoke service.

I am pleased to hear of your exceptional visit and hope I will have the future to welcoming you back to the best address in future.

Dant Hirsch,

618 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just stayed at the St-Regis for a weekend and the hotel is excellent. We really enjoyed the big terrace with two confortable sofas. Service was great and the overall experience was worthed! Can't wait to go back with the kids for Xmas.

Dear a_nadeau,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

Thank you!

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were very pleased with the beautiful and sophisticated St Regis Bal Harbour. All the service was top notch in the hotel. The check in experience was lovely and they brought us towels and champagne on a silver tray as we checked in. We only had one rolling bag so really wanted to just bring it up to our room by ourselves but the elevator and room technology really requires them to show you it at least once so we were accompanied to our room.

We were upgraded to a Grand Deluxe room and it was spectacular. Their was a separate bathroom with toilet and sink (put my husband's toiletries in there) and a large master bath with tub and walk in rain shower. Loved the amenities (although had trouble getting the shower gel out of the heavy packaging!) and the lights. They had a lighted makeup mirror (I notice more and more hotels are finally getting this amenity correct) and the bathroom had a TV in one of the mirrors which I put on music.

the bedroom was wonderful with a lovely banquet style couch. the whole room was in lovely grey tones. The bed of course was just like heaven.There was a wonderful bar set up complete with Champagne glasses and the mirror walk in closet had enough space for weeks worth of clothing!

But the absolute best part was the balcony. Private yet huge and a wonderful view of the beach. The weekend we were there was quite breezy so we didn't get down to the beach but we did do a half hour at the adult only pool. It was lovely.

Service was top notch.

The not so great? Well I expected so much more from the J&G Grill. My soup and Foie Gras were superb but the "tomahawk steak for 2" was just about the same steak I could get at Flemings and the vegetables/potato that came with it were boring and uninspired. I mean it is all very fresh and so on but nothing special and definitely not worth the tab. Service was excellent again and we loved our waiter. The markup on the wine was a bit high as well. Speaking of that, they automatically tack on 18% gratuity and a resort fee to everything. so the 2 drinks we had at the pool (in plastic cups) were over $40 - ouch. Parking (we drove from home) was $40 for overnight and my daughter met us and it was $20 for her to be there for 4 hours.

The bar was lovely - we did the nightly champagne ritual and got a free half glass of champagne there so that was nice as well. Wish we had gone back after dinner to listen to the band but we wanted to enjoy our room some more.

Breakfast was not good at all, I would never go back for breakfast. We skipped the buffet which didn't seem to have a lot on it and nothing made to order. The menu was not extensive. I ordered 2 eggs over easy (came out over medium) and bagel toasted dark (came out white). They didn't have regular decaf tea. I also asked for no potato but they came with it anyway. Water was not refilled quickly, the butter was ice cold and not a lot of it. So 2 eggs, one bagel and one piece of sausage was $18 -- plus the gratuity and the resort fee - a total of $53 for the two of us. That is just excessive. The presentation of everything was lovely but I will take substance over style when I am paying this much for food. Next time we will eat across the street at one of the coffee shops there.

all in all, I would recommend this hotel as a lovely place to stay but suggest you eat elsewhere which is not hard to do in Miami!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear joannt59,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and I am so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The St. Regis Bal Harbour in Florida.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. I do apologize for the dissapointment at our signature restaurant J&G Grill as well as the breakfast buffett. I will share your feed back with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training. We do offer a new style of breakfast since November, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to experience the changes.

Best Regards,

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is one of the most gorgeous properties that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting and hands down takes the cake for most beautiful room I have ever stayed in. My boyfriend and I stayed here in a Grand Luxe Ocean Front suite. The view of the Atlantic and the stretch of pristine beach from BOTH of our huge balconies was absolutely breathtaking and one that I will never forget. I highly recommend this room. We ate breakfast on the balcony 2 of the 3 days that we were here and every evening I enjoyed a glass of wine and a book while listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach below. This room was amazing so if you can swing it then don’t even give it a second thought. As mentioned in other reviews the balconies can feel close together the way that they are positioned on a diagonal however I think that ultimately this is an attribute to the hotel because it pretty much guarantees that there are no “bad views”. The beds are extremely comfortable and the master bathroom was a girls dream comes true with a rainfall showerhead and a deep soaking tub. Did I mention the TV that is inside of the mirror? Ladies, you can leave your face wash, shower gel, shampoo & conditioner at home. The St. Regis has fabulous quality amenities that are amply restocked. Save room in your suitcase for your bathing suits and flip flops because the outdoor amenities are impeccable and no attention to detail is spared. The pools are perfect for spending an entire day lounging on the comfy chairs and daybeds, reading, swimming and sunbathing. Service at the beach is relaxed yet attentive. The food from Fresco is delicious and served in perfect portions, exactly what I want to eat while spending a day in my bikini. I highly recommend the Puerto Vallarta Fish Tacos. The food at the J&G Grill is also excellent, fresh and beautifully prepared. The gym facilities are top notch with plenty of new high tech cardio equipment, Kinesis stations, free weights and machines. Your workouts will not suffer here.
A few kinks could be worked out in the spa which I’m sure will come in time since it is relatively new. I honestly thought the breakfast buffet could use a little work too. It seemed as if it were trying too hard (if that makes sense). Portions were a bit small for my BF’s liking and breakfast is his favorite meal while away on vacation but I suppose this is what happens once you have experienced the wonder that is the breakfast at the Kahala Resort & Spa in Oahu. I value good service and I know a lot of people love to be fussed over so if you like that then you will not be disappointed. I can’t really fault them for being too accommodating and attentive but personally, I thought that it was a little over the top for my liking and believe the staff will find the perfect balance as they grow. The location could also be a downfall for some. It is pretty far north. About a 20 – 25 minute cab ride to the South Beach area where a lot of fantastic restaurants and people watching can be found. This was fine for us since we only wanted to experience that for a few hours and then we were right back to the peace and serenity that is The St. Regis Bal Harbour. Thank you for a lovely and memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Cici14,

I am pleased to hear of your exceptional visit and hope I will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to the best address in near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights
We were upgraded to a studio( small kitchen )
I really didn't need it...would have preferred a bigger sitting room..but they didnt give me the option
The terraces are gorgeous and SPACIOUS!!
The tech and thought put into the rooms are awsome
Electric outlet attached to night table!
All electric curtain openers, lights
One problem I would say is my room had NO FULL LENGTH MIRROR!!!!
They need to fix that problem
Bathrooms are spacious and have Remed'e items...awesome!
Butler service for some of the rooms is good...they give you free coffee all day and they press your shirts and they can even unpack for you !
Bed was really comfortable!
Gym is good
I loved the beach service was good
Restaurant by th pool had the slowest service one day...waitress should be hustling but since service is included why bother!
Same at the Atlantico breakfast...service too slow.
Coffee and skim milk should be brought out immediately!!!Breakfast for 45 min , 1 hour is too long!
I LOVEED the tapas bar with the amazing guitarist who played lovely music!
I loved the food and the atmosphere ther
The somalier who works at the restaurant too is soo nice and knowledgeable!
The restaurant JG is good.
Food is really good
We ate there 2 nights
First night was good and normal wait time
2nd night they didnt bring our side dishes at the same time as the main course!
It was annoying
Overall I would definitely recomend this hotel
It is all very well thought out and very well maintained
Ovwerall staff is REALLY nice!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear SHE81,

I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for your recent review of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. I do apologize for the slow service received at our Atlantico Restaurant, I will share your feed back with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you back to the best address again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

As you can tell from my profile we stay at a lot of really high end properties, so I try to give a good amount of details since I expect your paying 700-1,100 a night to stay here in some cases.

My wife and I went away for the long weekend away from our 2 year old so this weekend means the world to us.

Upon check-in we walked through the spectacular lobby and saw the wine bar which looked amazing as well. The first impression was "finally a place that can mix modern, but its still a warm feel". They gave us each a glass of champagne as we did the customary check-in process which is a very nice touch. My wife who loves champagne even said it was a great quality one.

We had the Grand Luxe Oceanfront Room and it was really nice. 650 square feet and have no idea why you would need to upgrade if its just two people. The balcony was huge and for the first time in a long time actually had two "daybed" type lay down chairs, 2 small tables and another pair of chairs for dining al fresco. The view was also excellent and the room well appointed. They had an actual walk in closet and a front closet to throw your suitcases and other products you care not to look at the whole trip.

Since its such a new hotel all the of the technologies were awesome, finger touch lighting, universal controls, world music on the TV (pick your city/genre). The room I would give 5 stars and the bathroom mirror had a tv in it also.

Kinks: After we showered and left for dinner our first night (check in after 6pm) I asked them to come clean up all the dirty towels and refresh the room so we can come back to a nice ambience instead of waiting till the next day. They did that, but the next morning I was in the shower I noticed they took all the products (half used) and left none behind. I was actually peeved to find no shampoo, body wash, or soap?

Also, when we checked in they asked about newspaper delivery and at 10am I looked down the hallway and we were the only ones without it. So, I had to call down again and ask for it. They even said "yup its in your notes"

Lastly, the phone in our bathroom did not work (I could careless, but just another one of those things you can't throw out a 5 star rating for).

The concierge made us a reservation our first night when we checked in, the actually confirmation letter came the next day around lunch (10 hours after our reservation). The concierge said "I had told you to come by and pick it up didn't I". Just odd.

Also, we never got our customary spa reservation sheets in our room which happens at every hotel.

The food at the hotel was ok, but nothing to blow you out of your seat. I never complain about pricing since most reviewers stay at expensive hotels then complain about breakfast being 30 bucks... However, its really odd at breakfast I asked for hot sauce or hot salsa for my eggs and they brought me siracha sauce. Seriously? We are in a land filled with spice culture and you bring my Siracha (happened every time I asked even at the pool restaurant).

Location wise: We knew each time we needed a cab to go to the hot spots in Miami, but 25 dollars each way really adds up over a weekend. Just make sure you know that. The house car only goes till 7pm and goes only 5 miles drop off one way. Basically useless unless your going to a drugstore :)

Winks (good things); The concierge had recommended Juvia and Zuma - Both restaurants outside of the restaurant were superb with a great energetic scene. Absolutely nailed it on the head!

Its 50 yards from Bal Harbour shops, that place is great and a hint - You can get a nice breakfast for 8-9 bucks or a sandwich anytime that is 5 times better than the hotels.

Overall, this place is beautiful and right on the beach. You have the luxury of actually being around a lot of local people instead of the slime in south beach. You really feel like your at a high end condo building with warmth of an established hotel.

The nightly music in the bar was outstanding and a really nice touch.

If they pick up the service level just a little and communication flows better they could really dominate the scene.

*** Last comment, the spa treatment was incredible, the spa amenities are not going to blow you away but won't disappoint (men's side did not even have a hot tub)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear MonteChicago,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to detail your stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel.

My sincerest apologies for the lack of focus and attention you received, I will share your feed back with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the best address in the future.

Lake District, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just finished 4 nights here and left with very mixed feelings and impressions!

On checkin we had issues establishing as an SPG Plat what room or suite upgrade you are entitled to, I didn’t get very far to begin with, but in the end got a nice suite more due to other issues in the evening.
We were given a better view room on checkin and when we went on the balcony to find broken glass on the balcony and a lack of bath robes. The glass concerned me, but on our way out to dinner we stopped at front desk which was only manned by 1 person and after a 10-15 minute wait asked them to ensure the glass was cleared up, robes placed in the room and if they could replace the shower gels as we had used them already.

Upon returning to the hotel non of the things mentioned had been done, so we stumbled in the dark and the glass was also still there. I went down to reception now and asked to speak to the manager on duty, he listen to my issues and agreed it was certainly not up to the standard of a St.Regis. He then after some checking offered to move us to a 1 bedroom suite, which was much nicer than the room we were in. It did occur to me that had they put us in this room to start with then all the other issues could have been avoided!

Anyway the suite is very nice, the only complaint being that as with the rooms the balconies overlook each other so very little privacy, the good news on this is that they are resolving the issue by altering the balconies to make them more private and this should be completed shortly.

Overall apart from the issues mentioned above the hotel was nice, without being stunning! Housekeeping missed 2 out of the 4 turn down services, which is no major issue, but annoying at times!

The restaurant J&G is excellent, was a great meal and service was also superb! Service was maybe a little quick for out liking as its nice to take your time enjoying the meal. We also found the doormen to be excellent and offer great service as did the people around the pool, which was also nice being split between a family pool and a tranquillity pool which was great as it meant you could relax without children running around!

The other area we felt the hotel was badly let down was breakfast, on 2 mornings it was fine, although it has the feel of a room turned into a breakfast restaurant rather than fully designed for the purpose. On the Sat & Sunday though it was chaos, far too small with waiting up to 25 minutes for a table, if you wanted a table for more than 2 it was quite a bit longer! The buffet was not replenished well on these mornings either and while I wouldn’t say this is the fault of the staff, just the fault of being under staffed! It seemed crazy that the restaurant where J&G was is empty opposite while you queue to sit in a room where the tables are to close and feels so hectic. On a Sunday I know they do brunch at 11:30 but move that until 12:00 and there would be plenty of time, especially as despite the queue going on past 11, it was only about 11:10 when they stopped replenishing things and started to clear certain buffet items away!

In all it was not a bad stay, but it fell well short of a St. Regis experience in my view! Pretty much all the staff were friendly and in a way helpful, but that is only so good if they are not in a position to be able to offer the service a St. Regis should offer!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear BeReasonable,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. As a valued SPG Platinum member, we truly appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and dissapointment you experienced during your stay, I will share your feed back with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues with your further and can be reached at 305-993-3310.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!