“You get what you pay for - alot.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Boston
“You get what you pay for - alot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stunning property in a beautiful area. This Starwood-friendly resort has it all, beautiful beach, great rooms, and a helpful staff.
It's this is an expensive resort, but you get what you pay for. The quality of the food, and the design of the facility is top-notch.
The small quirks (small and somewhat slow check-in process, less than stellar service during breakfast, snooty hostess at the grille) don't overshadow the overall experience which is beautiful - I'd consider myself lucky to return.

Room Tip: Amazing jogging path along the front of the property - great for an early-morning run.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear peterm312,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comment. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all feedback we can get. Please accept my sincere apology for the less than stella service you received at check-in and the restaurant, I will share your feed back with the involved departments, for further investigation, review and training.

I certainly hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Coram
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I don't go away often, and I never go out of my way to write a review whether it be good or bad. This was my first time in the Miami area, and I searched for four days online on which hotel would be my best choice. There are so many hotels in this area, and going by reviews is very hard. Upon arrival this hotel is just beautiful on the outside. Let me say this, you are not staying in Miami, you are staying in Bal Harbour, which in my opinion is the Beverly Hills of Miami. Our stay was incredible from beginning to end. We stayed for 3 nights (Sunday - Tuesday). When our cab pulled up to the hotel, the staff was there to open the door, welcome us and walk us right into the reception area through this beautifully crafted palace of a hotel. The receptionist was nothing but polite and professional and quickly got us into our room. We arrived at 12. check in is at 4, but we were given a room instantly. The bellhop escorted us into the elevator and up to our room and explained to us all of the crafty high end features of the room and patio. You are definitely in paradise at this hotel. Huge oceanfront view rooms, with a spacious balcony with lounge chairs, super comfortable bed, huge closets, separate toilet and shower rooms, humongous shower and tub, tv in the bathroom, full bar, absolutely perfect. Besides the rooms being amazing and the beauty of the rest of the hotel, service is one of a kind. Everyone was super polite, bellhops remembered your name, quickly fetched taxis, and were very helpful in recommending restaurants. The rooms were cleaned almost instantaneously upon leaving, and ours were cleaned twice sometimes. The hotel staff is very efficient and they pay close attention to detail. After going out for the day, upon returning to the room within five minutes there was a girl who brought up bottled water and chocolates. The mini bar was stocked every time we left the room, and fresh towels every time we showered. The private beach is second to none. Beautiful. Service....is unheard of. Once we walked to the beach we were quickly greeted and had lounge chairs setup, umbrellas setup, and the waitress service for drinks was outstanding. The bathrooms by the pool had beautiful showers and were well stocked with towels so you could clean up before going to your room. We decided to book a mani/pedi and a couples massage. Unbelievable, from the lounge, to the massage, to the locker room with yet again beautiful showers, bath robes, and towels. Bottom line, I've never had a stay at a hotel like this before, and it was worth every dollar. You must try Prime 112 in South Beach for dinner. Bal harbour isn't really talked about online, but it is perfect as it is a high end area of Miami, and close enough to taxi a cab across town to the hot spots. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, and would love to visit again someday soon. Thank you for an incredible stay, and a memory I will cherish forever.

Room Tip: We were 11th floor, ocean front king. This room was beyond amazing. 1114 I believe was ours.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear James L.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the St. Regis Bal Harbour. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our spectacular guest rooms and the magnificent views. Our staff has a commitment to each and every guest to create a discreet experience of bespoke service.

I am pleased to hear of your exceptional visit and hope I will have the future to welcoming you back to the best address in future.

Luanda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The pros : beachfront location in posh neighborood of Miami. Impressive and modern building with very well fitted bedrooms.

The cons : disappointing booking management, despite early request for connecting rooms we were only informed that this wasn't possible upon checkin, despite being in regular contact with the hotel. We ended up never receiving the key to the second room (and not paying for it of course). Also no upgrade offered despite being a platinium SPG member. Restaurant for breakfast was clearly not sized for the number of guests staying at the property and this resulted in a large queue which is just unexpected for an hotel of this level. Buffet was mostly empty and items had to be requested individually.
Last but not least the butler service is certainly not matching the service levels experienced in St Regis Asian hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Oursdur,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. As a valued SPG Platinum member, I truly appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to upgrade you during your stay due to our occupancy level as we offer Platinum guests upgrades to best available room or standard suite whenever available.

I will share your feedback with our reservations department as well as the reception desk, for further investigation, review and training.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues with your further and I may be contacted at 305-993-3310.

Kind regards,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was an excellent experience. Spent a good amount of my time at the bar poolside. My bartender Chantal was attentive, fun, and great at mixing drinks. She's the reason I kept coming back! I was well taken care of even when I wanted to continue enjoying drinks on the beach. Service and staff were on point. Really nice hotel...if you have the money!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Sharon J,

Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Pool and Beach area during your stay.

I am very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service throughout your stay and thank you for the kind words and lavish praise you bestowed upon Chantal - I will share your good feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a beautiful property. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Public areas great. Spa and Fitness Center top notch. Family pool plus quiet pool for adults. Food service at pool excellent. J and G an excellent restaurant. Close enough to South Beach to head down for dinner but escape for peace and quiet at night.

But most important is the service. Somebody is paying attention in the hiring process. Everyone we encountered was professional and intuitive. The opposite of the Ritz cookie-cutter playbook. Kudos to Lauren at the pool and Jose on the bell staff,,,professional and engaging individuals,,,

Its about time a property like this opened in Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear plecticel,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, and we hope to have you back to the Resort soon.

Thank you!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I usually enjoy the scene in South beach, but sometimes, you just want to get away from it all. St. Regis is not budget friendly, but when compared to the service at other hotels, it stands out. Everyone on the staff seemed to enjoy working there and have no problem going above and beyond to help with whatever you need. Refreshing! I hate having to deal with nasty attitudes from under paid and over worked staff. The pool was lovely. Small, but lovely. Bartenders were great. Chantel (or Chantal) was an excellent mixologist! Her drinks were yummy but not watered down. She listened and got it right each time - all WITH A SMILE. That alone made this hotel worth it. Why spend $$$ only to be disappointed with your drink & deal with an attitude when you send it back?!

If you want to experience the beach, you don't have to sacrifice luxury. The wait staff sets you up nicely with cabanas/umbrellas and bring your drinks to you! That's what you call service. Ashley made sure we had everything we needed and didn't miss a beat! Will definitely come back (have to save up the piggy bank first though).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Aldine F,

Thank you for your compliments of The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our Pool area and the Fresco Pool Bar during your stay. Thank you for your kind words upon Chantal and Ashley, I am pleased we were able to exceed your expecations. The pool & becah staff works especially hard to make every guest feel special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the bbest address in the future.

Warmest,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

What can I say the absolute best part of this hotel is the beach and the service provided by the Fresco Bar staff. There was one bartender by the name of Chantal. She Is very personable and great at her job. She was very attentive in making sure my drink was just right. She also made sure to ask me if I like sweet tasting vs something with a little kick. You can tell she enjoys her job because her service even when dealing with others remained the same 5 STAR!

I also had great service on the beach itself given by Ashley. She made sure to check in on me and others I was with continuously.

The pool/beach area has some great staff and for the amount the rooms costs I am very pleased at the turn out of my vacation.

Stayed August 2012
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear milehiclub,

I wish to extend my sincere gratitude for your recent review of The St. Bal Harbour. I am pleased to hear your overall experience was excellent and I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our staff and leaders.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you to our address again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!