“Great Stay...Not as good as last time” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Stay...Not as good as last time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great Hotel! Amazing technology! Great food and service at Atlantico (open for breakfast). The check in staff was rude, but all of the other employees from the maid staff, valets, and butler were amazing! The first time I was here was in March 2012 and the check in experience has definitely deteriorated since. Also, be prepared for your privacy to be compromised on the balcony as your neighbors will be able to see and hear you...major architectural design flaw. However, the views are gorgeous if you can get over your neighbors! Overall, great stay...will come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
StRegisManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear travelgirl g,

We are delighted to know that you chose the best address, and thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of The St. Regis Bal Harbour and its entire staff, I extend our most sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your registration at the reception desk. Your feedback will be shared with our Front of House team, for further investigation, review and training.

I am delighted to announce that we took action regading the pricay on our guest room balconies. We are currently adding balcony deviders to provide more privacy but still offering the beautiful ocean view.

We certainly hope to be able to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

The St. Regis Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
MIAMI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Booked an imperial suite for two nights over July 4th. Called front desk before arriving at hotel to request early check in. Told by Ludovic that I would receive a call back when suite was ready. When no call was received, I called back a few hours later and told by receptionist that Ludovic was "too busy" to answer phone calls.

The imperial suite was very nice but the curtains were stained and the sliding glass doors were dirty. Construction was going on above the suite and when calls were made to general manager, I was told he was in an all day meeting. Various calls to the executive offices were never returned. I was shown a smaller suite on a lower floor at the same rate by the butler which I declined. I was told repeatedly told by the butler who was handling the situation (not management) there were "no other options" other than to accept the smaller suite or deal with the construction noise for two days. I checked out immediately with approval and was assured again by Ludovic that there would be no charges to my credit card. I was just emailed my folio with a $2700.00 charge. I am sure that the charge will be reversed.

The management at this hotel is a total disconnect from the hotel itself which is first class. I understand that this is a new property but it is first and foremost a St. Regis. The current management dilutes the St. Regis brand. The complete failure on the part of the general manager to return calls and deal with the situation caused by a construction situation of which the hotel was aware when they sold the suite is inexcusable. I predict experienced travelers paying top rates (i.e. the St. Regis customer base) will not accept absentee management for long at this new property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
StRegisManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear MAXZZ,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your commetns. We do take all comments seriously and apprciate all the feedback we can get. I do sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with your guestroom and the lack of communication to resolve them. As a management team, we always strive to be responsive to guests; however in this instance we fell short. We hope to welcome you back and demonstrate our service levels and attention to guest needs. If you would like to discuss your experience personally, please contact me at 305-993-3310 and I would be happy to speak with you. Again, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Dant Hirsch
Hotel Manager
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The service was impeccable! We were greeted with attention to every detail of our needs. We were offered wine, a warm towel and water upon checking in. We were upgraded to the Astor Oceanfront Suite overlooking the beautiful beach and the clean looking resort below. The butler service was a-Class. Thanks to Adan and Carlos and even Jose who ushered us in and out of the hotel each time. The breakfast was delicious and offered a vast arrangement of edibles. The gym was world-class with the latest training equipment situated with beach view. Even the treadmill offered it's own amenities with a huge touchscreen for tv, apps and etc along with comp. towel and headphones. i recommend anyone who can afford it and those who can save for it will def experience a one in a life-time experience at the St. Regis at Bal Harbour.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Allan B,

On behalf of The St. Regis Bal Harbour and its entire team, I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you have had a memorable experience at our hotel and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the kind words you bestowed upon Adan, Carlos and Jose. I will share your good feedback to our associates.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your positive feedback that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The St. Regis Bal Harbour in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

The St. Regis Management
Somerset UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Having stayed at the Sheraton Bal Harbour every year for the past 20 years, until itclosed in 2007, I could'nt wait to experience the St. Regis. So, I booked 27 days there - very expensive, but well worth the money. Because I was there for such a long time (on my own) the staff in every department got to know me, and couodn't do enough for me - from printing theDailyMail for me each day, chauffeur driven Bentley to take me around, butler service, with lots of little treats in the bedroom. The bedroom amenities were fantastic, and the chambermaids excellent
The service at the pool, or on the beach was great, with offers of suntan lotion, aloe vera, fesh fruit, drinks, and even free back,neck and head massages while lying on the lovely sunbeds. Great atmosphere in the bar, with live music each night, and the evening ritual of opening the champagne with a sword and the champagne given out to customers at the bar. Breakfast at Atlantico was excellent, and the J & G grill looked great, but for couples or groups only. However, Bal Harbour shopping mal is just across the street, with plenty of eating places. The chauffeur insisted on driving me over there on more than one occasion!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have very spacious balconies, snd views of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this St. Regis and it was by far one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in (and we stay in a lot of hotels!!) They just opened in Feb 2012 so all of the rooms are update and awesome,the staff was impeccable, the beach amazing (quiet - not for someone looking for the craziness of SoBe).
Every room is ocean front - which is rare.
The stay was so perfect - we had to write a letter to the manager to let him know! Probably the only down fall was the distance to South Beach - 30 mins, but I actually explored many other cool, funky areas because I wasn't down in SoBe.

Room Tip: We had a suite in the center tower with a double balcony - the views were magnificant!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel was very nice, except for some errors and very blasé attitude about fixing them that cast doubt on their actual commitment to excellence.

1. They crammed you with charges on your folio and then a simple email is usually does not solve it quickly. If they add unauthorized charges, you'll have to go through several rounds of phone calls and emails and there will be zero apology. Since they now have your money, I guess they don't care. Not a typical St. Regis standard. Even at Walmart the cashier would apologize for overcharging you.

2. The do not award you the correct amount of Starwood points and after questioning it, they were unable to fix it within a weeks time. Further, the initial request to correct the points was completely ignored without a phone call. Plus, I happened to read an internal email chain, where a hotel manager, Stephen Gitonga, wrote that I had been calling every day, when in fact I called once and wrote a few emails. The attitude between employees was "this guest is annoying me" rather than "let's fix it and stop annoying people by screwing up."

Here's a tip: when you screw up, apologize to paying guests--especially someone spent nearly $6000--and fix it. They did neither, and acted annoyed that they were required to do their job much less exude hospitality.

It's unfortunate that one very rude employee can cast such a dark shadow. Management: Remind employees that this is a St. Regis and not a Motel 6. You can't expect people to pay such large amounts of money without this understanding.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear StarwoodMember,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the billing and awards issues and hope we have resolved it to your satisfaction. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please feel free to call me directly at 305-993-3310.
Dant Hirsch
Hotel Manager
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I'm not a regular at St. Regis but decided to splurge on a getaway weekend and it was worth it. From the front door to the room to the beach, the staff was welcoming without being obtrusive. If you go, make sure to get a mojito from Chantal at the pool bar - the best I've had in any city in the US.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!