“Pure Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Bal Harbour
Somerset UK
“Pure Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Having stayed at the Sheraton Bal Harbour every year for the past 20 years, until itclosed in 2007, I could'nt wait to experience the St. Regis. So, I booked 27 days there - very expensive, but well worth the money. Because I was there for such a long time (on my own) the staff in every department got to know me, and couodn't do enough for me - from printing theDailyMail for me each day, chauffeur driven Bentley to take me around, butler service, with lots of little treats in the bedroom. The bedroom amenities were fantastic, and the chambermaids excellent
The service at the pool, or on the beach was great, with offers of suntan lotion, aloe vera, fesh fruit, drinks, and even free back,neck and head massages while lying on the lovely sunbeds. Great atmosphere in the bar, with live music each night, and the evening ritual of opening the champagne with a sword and the champagne given out to customers at the bar. Breakfast at Atlantico was excellent, and the J & G grill looked great, but for couples or groups only. However, Bal Harbour shopping mal is just across the street, with plenty of eating places. The chauffeur insisted on driving me over there on more than one occasion!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have very spacious balconies, snd views of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this St. Regis and it was by far one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in (and we stay in a lot of hotels!!) They just opened in Feb 2012 so all of the rooms are update and awesome,the staff was impeccable, the beach amazing (quiet - not for someone looking for the craziness of SoBe).
Every room is ocean front - which is rare.
The stay was so perfect - we had to write a letter to the manager to let him know! Probably the only down fall was the distance to South Beach - 30 mins, but I actually explored many other cool, funky areas because I wasn't down in SoBe.

Room Tip: We had a suite in the center tower with a double balcony - the views were magnificant!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel was very nice, except for some errors and very blasé attitude about fixing them that cast doubt on their actual commitment to excellence.

1. They crammed you with charges on your folio and then a simple email is usually does not solve it quickly. If they add unauthorized charges, you'll have to go through several rounds of phone calls and emails and there will be zero apology. Since they now have your money, I guess they don't care. Not a typical St. Regis standard. Even at Walmart the cashier would apologize for overcharging you.

2. The do not award you the correct amount of Starwood points and after questioning it, they were unable to fix it within a weeks time. Further, the initial request to correct the points was completely ignored without a phone call. Plus, I happened to read an internal email chain, where a hotel manager, Stephen Gitonga, wrote that I had been calling every day, when in fact I called once and wrote a few emails. The attitude between employees was "this guest is annoying me" rather than "let's fix it and stop annoying people by screwing up."

Here's a tip: when you screw up, apologize to paying guests--especially someone spent nearly $6000--and fix it. They did neither, and acted annoyed that they were required to do their job much less exude hospitality.

It's unfortunate that one very rude employee can cast such a dark shadow. Management: Remind employees that this is a St. Regis and not a Motel 6. You can't expect people to pay such large amounts of money without this understanding.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
StRegisManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear StarwoodMember,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the billing and awards issues and hope we have resolved it to your satisfaction. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please feel free to call me directly at 305-993-3310.
Dant Hirsch
Hotel Manager
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I'm not a regular at St. Regis but decided to splurge on a getaway weekend and it was worth it. From the front door to the room to the beach, the staff was welcoming without being obtrusive. If you go, make sure to get a mojito from Chantal at the pool bar - the best I've had in any city in the US.

• Stayed June 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hello from the Etienne’s we celebrated our anniversary and my wife's birthday in May 2012. It was an exceptional weekend. From the time we walked in we knew this is a different place; the lobby decor, the room and balcony, the pool/beach area the restaurants J&G Grill and Atlántico you get the feeling that everyone has mastered their field, and have genuine commitment to service excellence Brian "Monsieur clef dor" Marielle, Paul, Junior and Jose, Marline from the spa. Our wish was your command and because of your service culture can't wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I highly recommend this to anyone! I could no have asked for a better stay. The property is stunning. Prettiest lobby ever! The bar is gorgeous, elegant and a lovely ambience and a a small band that played beautiful music Rebecca at the bar took great care of us. The pool area is stunning and the beach is gorgeous and spotless. The rooms are state of the art. But what made our stay was the staff. Rebecca at the bar, Christine, Ashley, Sylvana and Yeni at the pool worked so hard to make sure we were comfortable and in need of nothing, Carlos went out of his way to make us feel welcome and made sure we had more than all we needed. And cant forget Jose the doorman who remembered us from our previous stay at another hotel and took great care of us as well, I will definitely be back and suggest if u have the opportunity to do the same.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

As an SPG guest I'm thrilled to have this stunning addition to the SPG choices in south Florida. I had missed the Bal Harbour location and was very impressed with the St. Regis. All of the modern amenities, FANTASTIC VIEWS and services that you come to expect and require from a St. Regis. A perfect place for a special occasion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
StRegisManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear ACLroadie,

On behalf of The St. Regis Bal Harbour and its entire team, I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you have had a memorable experience at our hotel and that we exceeded your expectations. It’s hard to imagine a more exclusive setting surrounded by lush tropical gardens, silky beaches, and extraordinary designer fashions offered at the Bal Harbour Shops, just across the street.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The St. Regis Bal Harbour in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

The St. Regis Bal Harbour Management

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!