“"Great as Alway"” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Fort Walton Beach
“"Great as Alway"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the service to the food it's hard to beat the Gator for a good down home country meal. I usually get the Billy Bob Burger, or Gator Club but thought I would shake it up this and had the grilled tliapia sandwich. It was a very good choice although the other two are always good. You won't find any better fries any where, hot and crispy. All the servers are cheerful and attentive, but not overly so. My granddaughter had a milkshake that almost consumed her, but she made it through it. I will return!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
Fort Worth, Texas
“"Who knew?"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I made a pact not to eat at chain restaurants on our trip, so when we ran across the Gator Cafe, it looked like what we were aiming for. My husband ordered the patty melt and said it was one of the best he'd ever had. I got the blue plate special with grilled tilapia, lima beans, and rice and gravy. I got a generous tilapia fillet and a tasty roll for $6 that left me feeling full and satisfied. Did I mention tea comes with the blue plate special? Would I go back there? Absolutely.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port St. Joe
“Home cooking & great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

When we passed by this place on the way to my daughter's soccer game, I noticed the parking lot was pretty full. When we got a break from the game we gave it a try, and we're glad we did! My vegetable plate of fried okra, green beans, rice & gravy, cole slaw, and corn bread was perfect. My kid's burgers were great, too. And our check for three was $14.40!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great treat to & from the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We pass by the Gator Cafe several times a year & finally worked it in our plans to stop. What a southern treat! Vegetables were all yummy! Everything was cooked to order and the service was top rated! We will definitely stop again soon!

indian springs, al
“Great little place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We pass this restaurant on the way to and from Destin several times a year, and had wanted to stop to eat here, and just recently had the opportunity to do so.
We were very pleased with our experience. They have a great variety of options-from homestyle 'meat and 3' dinners, to a wide choice of sandwiches and appetizers. My wife loves the fried cheese, the french fries are great, and the sandwiches are fantastic!
A very unique decor, kind of an old-time drive in feel with a modern finish. We will eat here again-we just have to time our trips right!

• Visited May 2012