“Fantastic Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Tanner and his Staff were extremely friendly. An employee was getting off when our group started checking in she stayed and assisted. Thus Staff is what makes thus Hotel great. On our Checkout Sunday a member of the Staff wore a Denver Broncos Jersey. I thought that Spirit was amazing. They had free popcorn and lemon infused water available. When I first checked in a had a small problem with my room Tanner immediately changed my room and offered to assist with my bags. The entire staff greeted me by name every time the sway me and my Wife. Extremely helpful. Don't Change this staff!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyardy by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We certainly share your comments with our staff so they know how their service is valued by guests. We hope you will stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Pros- Prime location, very near Nemours hospital, Popcorn and lemonade free in lobby
Cons- Small rooms, very diffucult to reach AC control due to arranged furniture, very cramped rooms, Bistro looks clean but did not carry ingredients for stuff I ordered. Starbucks in bistro does not have hot chocolate!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. While the Courtyard Bistro does serve Starbucks coffee, it is not a full service Starbucks cafe. We will look into serving hot chocolate. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very clean hotel, nice room that upon arrival I was upgraded to a balcony. Staff is very friendly and check-in was quick and smooth. Hotel is in an area with lots of places to eat and shop, and within walking distance (across the street). Beds were very comfortable, bathroom very clean, my TV did not work but I was not in my room long enough to really care about calling to have it serviced. They had free popcorn and lemonade upon my arrival and the lobby is pretty comfortable and a good stock of snacks and beverages.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations overall and hope you will visit with us again in the future.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for two nights on business travel. It was quiet, clean, and convenient. My room was plenty big and had a nice desk for getting work accomplished. The staff was really helpful when a colleague of mine and I needed directions for a printing service, etc. I had breakfast at the hotel - also very convenient (and pretty tasty). I was able to walk to the federal courthouse for hearings. I also had a rental car - parking was validated and convenient as well - the parking garage is just next door. I will likely stay here again the next time that I am in Wilmington on business.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor in the corner room. I had a decent view, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our conveniences and we hope you enjoyed the Delaware Valley area. We hope to see you again in the future.
Paeonian Springs, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nicely located if you are planning to visit the Hagler museum or the Winterthur and Nemours Mansion - they are within minutes of the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. It was nice to have a small exercise area to use the treadmill and there was a small pool/jacuzzi. The facility was uneventful...just a clean normal sized room with the usual amenities. Appreciated that we had FREE internet connection. Very close to many shopping stores.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay and appreciate you taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott while on a road trip to the sites in the Brandywine Valley. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that the hotel was updated and had a modern feel. The desk staff was friendly and incredibly helpful. The biggest upside of the stay was enjoying the outdoor fenced in courtyard behind the hotel with comfortable oversized chairs; chilling there with drinks was the unexpected highlight of the evening.

• Stayed September 2013
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. Hope to see you again soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine? Share your experiences!