“A good choice in the Wilmington area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Rocky Run Parkway, Wilmington, DE 19803   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
California
“A good choice in the Wilmington area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

This was our third stay at the Homewood Brandywine Valley, and all our experiences have been positive. The suites are spacious and in good condition; the staff is helpful. Some rooms are quieter than others (on an earlier stay we had a room facing the front & when we opened the window at night we picked up some noise from the TGI Fridays parking lot), but the rooms facing the back are quiet. We have 2 large boys, the suite design gives us the room we need. When we return to Wilmington, I expect we will stay here again.

• Liked — Nice rooms
  • Disliked — Some rooms can be noisy
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I wish every hotel I've stayed in was like this one. Everything was perfect. The front desk staff was professional, polite and efficient. The room was spotless, and the free breakfast was better than it had to be.

The room was ideal. We were in Delaware for my husband's high school reunion, and the generous living room ended up being a perfect gathering place for us and a few friends before the event. The bedroom itself was bigger than the entire room at some hotels, and the spacious bathroom was complemented by a separate vanity area. For those so inclined to cook, there was a well-stocked full kitchen. For those, like us, more inclined to eat out, that was easy, too: there are a variety of chain restaurants right outside the hotel's front door. We walked to TGI Fridays.

We didn't have time to swim, but the pool looked lovely, too.

If I'm ever in the area again -- perhaps for the next reunion -- we will most definitely be staying here again.

• Liked — Exceptionally clean and spacious
  • Disliked — I don't have a single complaint
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend while visiting Longwood Gardens and Winterthur. It is set a good distance back from the road overlooking a horse corral. Restaurants are nearby. The room was spotless and the breakfast was excellent. This was our second visit here over the last ten years. This is highly recommended.

• Liked — the setting
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
Nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

Our room was beautiful, clean and the bed was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only downfall is the billing. We reserved the room on my debit card, but then paid by cash at the end. They charged the room to my card and I am still awaiting the money to be credited back 3 days later. If we would have known this and they should have told us, then we would have paid with the card. They were def not as nice as you would get at a major hotel. I was surprised because this is a Hilton property.

• Liked — Room Size
  • Disliked — Billing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

This was the perfect choice for a night in Wilmington. Tastefully decorated, clean & all the conveniences of home...plus more. I really liked the floorplan of the 1 BR suite. PLENTY of room & closet space. The kitchen was a bonus. The breakfast was really nice. Variety...even though I arrived just before they were planning to close. Everything was just right. The staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Liked — All of the amenities.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Robbinsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

This was a great hotel and my wife and I really enjoyed our 2 night stay here. Location is good, right off of Concord Pike, but set away from the road quite a bit so it seems a bit secluded (there's even a nature path off the parking lot). There are quite a few chain restaurants very close by (walking distance if you are so inclined and the weather is right), but they do seem to get quite crowded. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to most of the spots you'd want to see in the Brandywine Valley, but we didn't have a problem with that at all.

The hotel is new and it looks it, although I did see a few scratch marks on the elevator doors that looked like they may have been graffiti. Rooms are not really anything special, but they are clean and everything is in good condition. Remember that this is an all suite-hotel, so rooms come with a full kitchen and separate bedroom. To be honest, this was a bit of a waste for us as we never even set foot in the kitchen and really just passed through the living room on our way in and out. But it's nice to have if you need it, and the rate was comparable to other hotels in the area so it's not as if you are paying more.

The hotel has a free breakfast, which is really nice, although it gets quite crowded and it can be tough to find seating. But the food is good and there is quite a variety. I was very impressed. Also, wirless internet access is available at no charge.

My only complaint is that I wish the hotel had an indoor pool. The pool looks to be nice, but it is outdoors so unless you are there in the summer months you won't be swimming. But that is definitely my only complaint about our stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to be in the area. It's right next to a Courtyard by Marriott but I think you'll find it to be a bit cheaper and have features that the Marriott does not have.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Belleair Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel, we just wanted to see the Wilmington area. To visit this area you definitely need a car, but this hotel is close to all attractions in the Brandywine area. The rooms have a full kitchen, including stove and full sized refrigerator, along with a nice sized "living" room. Apparently due to the size of the rooms and the kitchen, the location became popular for weekend parties, as we had to sign a "no party" agreement.

I highly highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling in the Wilmington area. We went downtown to the riverwalk for dinner and it was only a short drive.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions.

Stayed July 2006

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!