“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
Jacksonville, Florida
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I always feel like I am at home here - the room is about the size of my condo! The suites are very spacious, impeccably clean and the hilton beds are awesome. I sleep like I am at home here. Well done again, Hilton! The staff knows me by name, because I book rooms here regularly, and when they saw me checking in they made sure to greet me by name (I'm also a HHonors member) - and they happily helped me get receipts for my other staffers that were traveling with me.

The hotel is very quiet, even though it is usually full - and the staff is always friendly. The food is good, and I like the option of eating dinner in the hotel. This last trip, I was looking out the window and saw deer in the back field with the horses. That's such a relaxing view and awesome to wake up to see.

Room Tip: high floors with a pool view are nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for a two day business trip to a company in the Wilmington area. Hotel is in a good location (walking distance from several adequate chain restaurants), quiet, and a short trip down the 202 away from downtown Wilmington. Room was clean and spacious, Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good, as well. Room seemed a little 'tired' in terms of maybe needing a little refresh. Having said that, I'd definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked a room the same day (due to a stay at a different hotel down the road that was just terrible) for 2 nights. The only room that was available was a single king on the first floor . I usually do not stay on first floors just becuase there is so much traffic and tends to have more noise. I never encountered much noise during my stay.

Rooms are large and roomy, including the tv/living area. I had breakfast and dinner on site, and was pleasntly supprised with the food. The dinner included several drink options, cheese and crackers, salad, and dessert. Breakfast was a very nice spread. There is also a 24 hour coffee/tea service.

Getting to and from the hotel is very easy, as there is a traffic light at the intersection. The hotel is tucked off 202, so there is hardly any road noise. I would definitely stay here again when I return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Western NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here when I couldn't find a room in downtown Wilmington. Used a taxi service recommended by the front desk which turned out to be black car service. Reliable and worked well. Definitely not close to downtown but not a bad drive. Maybe 15 minutes with little traffic. This hotel room was one of the largest I've ever stayed in. Lovely kitchenette, large bedroom, huge closets and multiple closets, large bathroom with sink outside the shower and toilet room which I like. I stayed alone but if I was with my family, the living room area is far enough away from the bedroom that I'm sure it would be quiet. Would be very comfortable for a longer stay. Lovely lobby. I didn't take advantage of the breakfast or drinks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
South Brunswick, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our first time staying in a Homewood suites chain. we couldn't believe how big & nice & clean the room was. The full kitchen was also a nice bonus. Would definately seek out this chain when looking to book a hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This seems to be a very busy hotel! It is kept well. I am not sure how old this hotel is...it seems a little dated when you first walk in the room, plus the room colors are very conservative...no bright colors ...browns and burgundy...but everything is in excellent shape! Couch seemed brand new even! No signs of any wear and tear...I like that! I also like that the windows open as much as you want!!! They get real high points for that one! The complimentary week night dinner was one of the most impressive for this category hotel! Salad was crisp and very fresh...like it was just picked off the farm! I also liked the fresh baked cake! These little things are greatly appreciated by this "hotel Diva!" I am in hotels every week for business! Check in was smooth and accommodating! They had me in a smoking room...eeewwww...but luckily fixed that huge mistake! Cannot believe they even have smoking rooms. Anyway...overall...this is a definite thumbs up. I would not make this my vacation destination but it works well for business travel! Oh and there are 4 chain restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed again while visiting the gardens. Had a same clean, well-appointed suite with two double beds and sofa -bed in the living room. Great for the family of 4 with two small kids. Breakfast was not as crowded as in the summer even though we had it on Sunday. Easy to get a table. I was pleased that when I asked to make/open the sofa- bed I was told “no problem". During the first stay I was told to open it myself. I wish they have indoor pool like most of the hotels in the area. But the rate was good so we are coming back when we visit gardens again in the future.

Room Tip: Pick the 4th floor to make sure nobody walking on the top of you. Also back rooms have view of the h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!