Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Rocky Run Parkway, Wilmington, DE 19803   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
“Thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This seems to be a very busy hotel! It is kept well. I am not sure how old this hotel is...it seems a little dated when you first walk in the room, plus the room colors are very conservative...no bright colors ...browns and burgundy...but everything is in excellent shape! Couch seemed brand new even! No signs of any wear and tear...I like that! I also like that the windows open as much as you want!!! They get real high points for that one! The complimentary week night dinner was one of the most impressive for this category hotel! Salad was crisp and very fresh...like it was just picked off the farm! I also liked the fresh baked cake! These little things are greatly appreciated by this "hotel Diva!" I am in hotels every week for business! Check in was smooth and accommodating! They had me in a smoking room...eeewwww...but luckily fixed that huge mistake! Cannot believe they even have smoking rooms. Anyway...overall...this is a definite thumbs up. I would not make this my vacation destination but it works well for business travel! Oh and there are 4 chain restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed again while visiting the gardens. Had a same clean, well-appointed suite with two double beds and sofa -bed in the living room. Great for the family of 4 with two small kids. Breakfast was not as crowded as in the summer even though we had it on Sunday. Easy to get a table. I was pleased that when I asked to make/open the sofa- bed I was told “no problem". During the first stay I was told to open it myself. I wish they have indoor pool like most of the hotels in the area. But the rate was good so we are coming back when we visit gardens again in the future.

Room Tip: Pick the 4th floor to make sure nobody walking on the top of you. Also back rooms have view of the h...
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a nice hotel if you have a car. If you don't you'll need taxis to and from the downtown. We had a 1-room suite. You have a choice of one king or two full size. We have a kid. This means that what we'd really want is a queen and a twin (I prefer my child not have to sleep on a cot). This suite comes with a kitchen, complete with refrigerator and a microwave. Our microwave had not been properly cleaned, but other than that the room was clean and warm.

The breakfast is perhaps slightly nicer than what one would find at the Best Western on 202 down the road. It included waffles, eggs, serials, yogurts, and a small amount of fruit.

The Inn doesn't serve dinner, so far as I could tell, but there's lots of food in the area. The staff was also helpful in locating restaurants.

Clinton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here recently while visiting the University of Delaware for Parents' Weekend. Everything closer to the school was booked. Despite being a 15-20 min drive away I would certainly stay here again. The small kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans, silverware, dishes,glasses, etc. (though we did not find a bottle opener) The room was clean. The beds- including the pull-out sofa were comfortable. I was concerned upon check-in because there seemed to be several large groups staying there but things were quiet for our entire stay.
The free breakfast was delicious and had a wide variety of items to choose from.
The price was very affordable. We will consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Denis D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind remarks. I am glad we were able to satisfy your needs. If we may assist you in future accommodations, please do not hesitate to call.

Best regards,

excellent

• Stayed October 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Overall, our stay was very satisfactory. My husband and I were in a one-bedroom suite. Check-in and out was easy and the person at the desk very pleasant and helpful. Free Internet appreciated. Our room was really clean and furniture etc.in very good condition and modern. The small kitchen was completely stocked with place settings for four and a good variety of cookware in good condition. Breakfast, which comes with the room, was bountiful and varied, covering the complete spectrum of breakfast foods. It was a best quality motel breakfast we have experienced and we travel quite a bit. I seldom eat waffles but I had part of one all three mornings we were there. They were tasty and very light. The one fault we found was the bacon and sausage were sometimes greasy. Future buildings would benefit from a larger dining area. We did not eat dinner as we had other plans.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denis D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind remarks. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please contact us if you are in the Wilmington area in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a very nice time at the Homewood Suites while visiting Brandywine Valley. The value was exceptional, especially on a holiday weekend. The location was perfect. Breakfast was plentiful. Beds were very comfy with different pillow options and cozy throw blankets.

Room Tip: We accidentally chose a smoking room-- so make sure you note that carefully if you don't want a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley? Share your experiences!