“Great hotel for business in Wilmington” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel for business in Wilmington”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. The WiFi worked great. Good nights sleep. You don't have that many options in Wilmington, so this is one of the more nicer hotels downtown. I would stay here again for a business trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent business trip to Wilmington. Based on your score, I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your recent stay. The staff's goal is to recieve minimum scores of 4 or better, anything below that is considered a failure and not acceptable. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, so I can determine what the hotel could have done better. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again.
Eric Jolikko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Marlborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The room was spacious with a kitchen. There was secure garage parking for a fee. Room was very clean. bed was very comfortable. Centrally located with easy walk to stores and restaurants. Great value for the price.

• Stayed May 2013
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown. The staff and I truly appreciate the kind words and very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you are in the area in the future and need a place to stay. Thank you again.
On the road again
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Rooms are a lot better with new furniture. Watch the garage though as the YUKON I was driving scraped the roof as ceiling is lowest I have ever seen in a garage anywhere in the world. No way would an RV or Sprinter clear. Places on property still look worn but overall a big improvement. I am at a loss why when they rehab Starwood hotels they neglect to overhaul the elevators with new mechanical components. A new elevator lining just covers up an old tired elevator. The garage needs a complete clean up, including the floor, new modern bright LED lighting and new markings. An old tired looking garage drags a property down as it is the front door to the building.

Room Tip: Until a new Westin gets open could be best choice in the area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The garage has a 6 foot clearance with signage and a height bar before the entrance of the garage to help avoid any damage to the top of any vehicle that is 6 feet or taller. I do apologize your vehicle was unable to fit in the garage. The front desk staff does have several options for the vehicles that are over 6 feet tall. In addition, the garage was completely renovated in September and October of 2011 and is scheduled to be power washed completely in June or July 2013. Thank you again for your feedback and the staff and I choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Wilmington area.
Sincerely
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this hotel through Amex' travel service, and was delighted with the room... I ended up bringing my new business partner into the room for hours of discussion, and we were comfortable at the desk and couch, and were able to have coffee at the bar. Since I was on the Club level, I had a nice, quiet self-serve breakfast in the Club room, very worthwhile. I strongly recommend this central, friendly, comfortable and quiet hotel if ever you're in town for business.

Room Tip: Had a corner suite, it was perfect and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. The all-suite room types allow for plenty of room to “spread out” and get business done or just relax. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the additional space. The staff and I truly hope that the next time you are in the Wilmington area that you choose the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown.
Warm Regards
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Sheraton Suites in Wilmington is a nice place for a quick overnighter. Check-in was easy and quick. Check out no different. I ordered breakfast via door hang signage and it arrived the next morning on time. The lounge/bar area off the lobby area was fun my first night as it played host to a local jazz fest. Fun way to unwind with a few cocktails after a long day at the office. Bar service was a bit slow but it was expected due to the amount of people listening to the jazz.

Room Tip: Rooms are really large as they are suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. The staff strives to meet/expectations of all guests and I am glad to read that you appear to have experienced that type of service during your visit. The staff and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Warm Regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I needed to find a hotel for a one night stay in Wilmington over a weekend. I did a few searches on the internet and found that Sheraton themselves offer the best deal on their website and most reasonable rate for all the hotels in the downtown area. I was able to secure a newly refurbished king suite for the same price as a regular room on what seemed like a very busy weekend for the hotel just days before the trip.
The check in representative was obviously busy but unfortunately only able to provide me with the most basic interaction, repeating her welcome speech as if she had said it 100 times in the past hour, and did not even make eye contact. Her colleague was equally busy, but both were helpful in booking cabs and instructing us on the layout of the city.
The room was lovely and very clean. The toiletries in the bathroom were very basic which is not what one expects for a king suite. There were no minibar drinks or food offerings in the fridge which seemed strange and a wasted opportunity as we were very peckish when we arrived. There was a complimentary tea and coffee maker and some water (1 of the 2 bottles were free).
In general, the hotel was lovely, convenient to everything downtown, and very comfortable. I say it was an average stay because the hotel seemed to be lacking the fine touches that make a night away feel special.

Room Tip: Wilmington centre is completely empty and closed on weekend mornings. We struggled to find a place f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for you feedback concerning your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t receive the personalize check in experience that you were looking for. I am sure that the staff was busy but they should have made you feel special and appreciated as well. I will talk the entire front desk staff to remind them of the expectations of the guest. However, the staff and I do hope that when you are in the area, you will give the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown another try.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I will never stay at a Sheraton again. I prepaid for a reservation, I saw the payment out of my account. It was never put back in and just disappeared and I was charged TWO MONTHS LATER at checkout on April 12. They won't help me because my bank statement doesn't show the original payment. I called 2 people before staying there who confirmed I had a PREPAID RESERVATION. Prepaid doesn't mean we'll hold your payment to whenever we feel like taking it out. My account is now under and my rent will be late, my best friend had to give me money so I could get to and from work this week. When I called the general manager and account manager they were both indifferent and could care less that my friend works at a travel agency and I told her I would suggest she steer her clients away from the Sheraton on 422 Delaware Ave in Wilmington DE. I said I would post on Facebook and they didn't care about that either. This isn't the only Sheraton page I'll post on. I'm an author and I travel for my church a lot and I'll tell anyone who will listen to NEVER STAY AT SHERATONS.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback concerning your prepaid reservation. You are correct, you did book a pre-paid reservation, however, we typically do not charge that credit card until the day of arrival, and this is what happened to the reservation that you are referring to. Although it may not appear to be true, this hotel and its staff take great pride in delivering a high level service to our customers and will continue to do everything in our power to meet everyone's expectations. In the brief conversation that we had, I know that I apologize to you and was trying to assist with the situation but you had to cut the call short because you had to go. In addition, I hadn’t had time to get your contact information so I could call you back. I do know that you later talked to the hotel’s Front Office Manager several times as she had brought the issue to my attention. I was very concerned that this hotel may had made a mistake, and would have been more than happy to cut a check to you immediately and over-night that check to you. When the hotel researched the credit card, we were only able to see your card charged only one time and when we asked to see the bank statement, the bank could only see the charge one time. Again, we would have been more than happy to reimburse you if we had made a mistake, neither your bank nor the hotel could find the mistake. Again, my sincere apologies for the confusion and the inconvenience and if you or your bank finds a second charge, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Eric Jolikko

Been to Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!