“Nice Upgrades” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice Upgrades”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at the hotel this past weekend and I love the upgrades, we stayed on the club level and the renovations are excellent. Comfortable beds and friendly front desk staff! Bonus: got it on Priceline for $50.00

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with the hotel. The following areas were updated in November/December: Replace all wallpaper (guest room and guest hallway), Replace all carpet (guest room and guest hallway), Replace room drape package (both living room and bedroom), Light package replaced (guest room and guest hallway). Also the hotel will be replacing the chair and ottoman in the middle of February 2013. There will be additional items completed in the rooms as well in 2013.
Thank you again and please visit “us” again when you are in the area.

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were traveling up to Philly and decided to stay slightly out of the city for $ reasons. It only about 45 minutes to the center of Philly. We grab this room from Hotwire's "hidden" 4-star selections as we were getting close to Philly. I would say Wilmington is a great cheaper alternative right before Philly if you are on 95. It was a 2-room suite with lots of room for our family. It nice and comfortable. We have to say it comparable to our usual Marriott or Hilton selection. The only down side is the $16 to park....but you could use the private lots right behind it for 6-8 for the night if you willing to walk across the street (they are literally right behind the hotel for $8/day).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. The hotel and Wilmington are conveniently located close to both Philadelphia and Baltimore and sometime at a substantially lower cost as it appears that you were able to take advantage of. We hope the next time you are planning a trip into the area, you again chose the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown.
Warm Regards
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been staying here often for business lately. A few positives: the staff is quite friendly, provides helpful insights and suggestions on places to dine, directions, etc; rooms are spacious, in fact bigger than I'd ever need; rooms are clean, with free bottle water, starbucks coffee, refrigerator, and sink; not so positives: hard to come by...maybe just that they charge for parking.

Some suggestions: place is taken over by business travelers, so expect lines for check in to be long on Monday evenings. Show up before 6, or after 8. The complimentary wine and appetizers on Tuesdays is amazing...in fact, it becomes my meal more often than not.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty and your feedback. Both are truly appreciated. With a lot of choices in hotels and hotel chains, this hotel strives to stand out by giving the best service in the Wilmington area. In addition, the hotel is completed “Phase 1” of its renovation process, which will also help enhance the guest experience.
We hope that you continue to choose the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you ever have any questions and/or concerns.
Warm Regards
Liberty, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Dominique was excellant, even though our booking showed 3 beds but rooms did not have 3 beds, she was quite accomidating. parking to quite tough to manuvere and very tight. frig did not work. rooms were spacious.
I can still see Dominque smile..... very warm and inviting....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give the hotel feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that Dominique took good care of you during your stay. The staff’s goal is to give excellent service to all guests. I do however apologize for your in-room refrigerator not working. I hope that after the staff was notified it was fixed quickly.
Again thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown and we hope that the next time you are in the area you stay with us again.
Warm Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The elevators only work one at a time, despite there being three. Not sure why they can't get that fixed - I've stayed here every week for awhile and its the same deal every week.

Also beware - if something isn't quite right - they are quick to offer you star points as compensation but they will never show up on your star points balance - they're all talk and no follow through.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with the hotel. The staff and I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. The staff strives to meet/exceed all guest expectations, however if they do fall short on this goal, they definitely will try to compensate the guest. If you did not receive SPG points that where promised you please contact me immediately so I can rectify the issue. Thank you again and Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

After a long flight from Dallas, I was expecting an unattentive staff awaiting me. I was pleasantly suprised to be greated by Shawna Mack working the Front Desk. She greeted me with a smile and an eagerness to assist me. I thought I was going to have trouble when my corporate credit card was somehow declined. She took great steps in reassuring me that everything would be taken care of. Shawna brought the issue to a quick resolution. Along with her colleague Dominique, got my stay off to otherwise wonderful start. As for the rooms, they were clean and smelled fresh. The beds however were not to my liking, a bit hard. Overall the hotel is great, in a great location and enough amenities to satisfy the most demanding of customers.

Room Tip: Great place to eat and socialize is Washington Street Ale.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. Both Shawna and Dominique are part of a hotel staff that enjoys giving get service. I know the ladies were excited to see their names on the Trip Advisor forum and I thank you for acknowledging the service that you received from them. We look forward to seeing you in your future trips to the Wilmington area.
Happy Holidays
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

After our last stay at this property, my husband and I were very disappointed and decided to take our business elsewhere. Due to a last minute change in plans, however, we needed to be in Wilmington for the weekend and were hard pressed to find accommodation. I saw 1 night available at the Sheraton and took it. I also emailed the hotel and asked if we could be wait-listed for the second night. I did not hear back but at check-in, was told we had been given the room for an additional night as per my request. This was fantastic as there were many events that weekend and a real shortage of rooms. Out check-in was delayed because there was a large wedding group ahead of us and we had to wait in line for about 10 minutes. The front desk clerk apologized for the inconvenience and credited us with free parking. In addition, my Starwood Gold status was acknowledged right away and we received our 250 points as our amenity.

In terms of the room, we found everything clean if a bit worn. The suite was spacious with an empty mini-fridge, great for storing restaurant leftovers, and a Sheraton sleeper bed. We did not use the hotel exercise facilities or restaurant this stay. Although the hotel was very busy with several weddings, we did not experience any excessive noise from the corridors. Overall, a big improvement over our prior experience. We stayed in a regular suite, not club floor, 2 adults and booked through Starwood website.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent weekend stay with the hotel. The hotel staff takes great pride in giving great service and I glad to hear that you received this type of service during your stay. I am uncertain when you stayed with the hotel prior to this stay, however I can tell you that the management of the hotel has really put a lot of time, effort and training with all the associates about how important the guest is and the proper service of EVERY guest. It sounds pretty basic but it can be taken for granted if not address on daily basis.. Great customer service is not able to exist if the staff doesn’t but in to it and I must say that I am very lucky to have a staff that truly cares! Thank you again and Happy Holidays!
Eric Jolikko

Been to Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!