“Nice high rise, spacious suite, club level floor a small disappointment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
Seattle, Washington
“Nice high rise, spacious suite, club level floor a small disappointment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wilmington is quiet at night, so the center of downtown location is most convenient, without usual noise, yet near I 95, excellent restaurants, and the suburban attractions. Layout of the two rooms was excellent, and view from 11th floor through large windows was a pleasure, especially at sunset. The staff were friendly and always helpful. I enjoyed my stay so much that I extended by one night, and was given a discounted rate.

Being on the club floor last weekend was not worth the extra costs, since they didn't provide some of the amenities, supposedly because too few people were staying on the floor, and they forgot to tell me to go to their restaurant for snacks and breakfast. The parking is a bit expensive, considering the tiny spaces, so often two full size cars took up three spaces.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with the hotel. I do apologize that the staff didn’t inform you have all the required information needed regarding the Club Floor / Club Lounge. Please do not hesitate to call me the next time you are in the area and I will ensure that you are upgraded at no additional cost. Thank you again and Happy Thanksgiving!

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
NY, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The neighborhood is dangerous on weekends when nearby businesses are closed. Sat morning at 9:30 AM, my purse was snatched as I walked out of the hotel to my car. There are NO security guards or bellman out front. Desk staff was barely helpful at all and would not give me a copy of the incident report. I chased the thief for three to four blocks with my husband and an "engineer" from the hotel who just happened to be out front. I fell, and now have a hand/wrist injury. DO NOT EVER GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I came back about 4 hours later to ask for the report again, my husband actually recognized the same guy malingering in front of the hotel. I asked the desk staff to call 911 and they did not respond. REPEAT: STAY AWAY.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your response regarding the incident that occurred outside of the hotel. The hotel and I are extremely saddened that something like this would happen to you or any person. Please know that the hotel takes the safety and security of all our guests extremely seriously. I have contacted the Wilmington Police, the Mayor’s Office, the Conventions & Visitors Bureau, Downtown Visions and several other key offices and departments in the city’s government in regards to this unfortunate situation. The hotel and these organizations/agencies will be working very closely to continue ensuring the safety and security of Wilmington and its guests.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Spacious suites and friendly staff in downtown Wilmington. Fresh and ambitious cooking in the hotel restaurant "Basil" Soups and main dishes were delicious. A new dessert menu with in-house made items is coming soon...I would wait for that. While the hotel is extraordinary value on weekends, the restaurant had prices more in line with a downtown business hotel...which it is.

There seems to be no ventilation in the bathroom...the building is in decent shape but is not the newest.

This hotel is definitely a good choice if staying in Wilmington.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognition about the staff. They strive to exceed expectations for all guests and truly appreciate your comments! Happy Thanksgiving! Please do not hesitate to give us a call the next time you are in the area.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had wanted to stop off in Philadelphia on our way south, but everything was booked. We took a chance with this place, and found it convenient, comfortable, clean, and an excellent value. We reserved a room on the "club" level, and it was great. The staff are warm and friendly.

I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness, and our suite was pristine. The bed was comfortable, and the rooms were huge.

It's a little bit of a pain that they charge for wifi (but it didn't show up on our bill). We did park on the street (meters are free during the weekend). The neighborhood is definitely dicey. (You don't want to walk there at night without knowing exactly where you are going.)

For $139 for "club" level, I think we ended up getting much more value than we would have in Philadelphia. This was a personal trip, but I'll go back when I need to be in the vicinity for business.

Room Tip: See if you can book a room on the club level. You'll get snacks during the day (fresh fruit, pre...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response concerning your recent visit. We were pleased to hear that you had at convenient, comfortable, clean, stay. The staff loves to hear great responses from the guests and they take great pride getting them. Thank you again for the feedback! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing you when you are the area in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First things first, I have to say that the water pressure in the shower was incredible. I think it worked the knots out of my neck. The room was gorgeous and very clean. The staff was polite and helpful. The bed was so comfy that I was sad to leave it. We got breakfast from the restaurant, Basil, and it was delicious! If ever we are in Delaware again we will stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The team and I are very pleased to hear about your great experience. The hotel staff strives to exceed expectations of all the guests and I am extremely happy to hear that you received that service when you were here. Although you found the rooms to be comfortable during your stay, the guest rooms will be going through a room renovation starting in November.
Thank you again and we look forward to you visiting with us the next time you are in the area.
Bath, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel in an excellent location, if you have to be in Wilmington for a night or two. Big, comfortable room and very clean. Convenient to excellent restaurants and theatre. My only complaint is with the mold on the ceiling in the shower, perhaps due to the inadequate ventilation in the bath area.

• Stayed November 2012
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. The hotel is looking forward to the room and guest hallway renovation that will be starting in November. We are hoping that this will enhance the comfort level for every customer that visits us. However, I am glad to hear that you found the rooms to be both clean and comfortable during your stay. I am unsure if you let the staff know about the bathroom ceiling issue, we take this very seriously and the housekeeping manager has her complete staff looking for any issues in this area. Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Wilmington area.
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have stayed at the hotel several times recently for business. Staff is great and very friendly. Great location and love that all the rooms are suites with doors that seperate the nedroom and livingroom.

Room Tip: try the "14" rooms - the staff says that all rooms are the same size. I think they are bi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments and continued loyalty, the staff and I truly appreciate them. We are excited to mention that the hotel will be starting a rooms renovation in November that will enhance the experience for all guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!