“Great Room!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First things first, I have to say that the water pressure in the shower was incredible. I think it worked the knots out of my neck. The room was gorgeous and very clean. The staff was polite and helpful. The bed was so comfy that I was sad to leave it. We got breakfast from the restaurant, Basil, and it was delicious! If ever we are in Delaware again we will stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The team and I are very pleased to hear about your great experience. The hotel staff strives to exceed expectations of all the guests and I am extremely happy to hear that you received that service when you were here. Although you found the rooms to be comfortable during your stay, the guest rooms will be going through a room renovation starting in November.
Thank you again and we look forward to you visiting with us the next time you are in the area.
Eric Jolikko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bath, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel in an excellent location, if you have to be in Wilmington for a night or two. Big, comfortable room and very clean. Convenient to excellent restaurants and theatre. My only complaint is with the mold on the ceiling in the shower, perhaps due to the inadequate ventilation in the bath area.

• Stayed November 2012
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. The hotel is looking forward to the room and guest hallway renovation that will be starting in November. We are hoping that this will enhance the comfort level for every customer that visits us. However, I am glad to hear that you found the rooms to be both clean and comfortable during your stay. I am unsure if you let the staff know about the bathroom ceiling issue, we take this very seriously and the housekeeping manager has her complete staff looking for any issues in this area. Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Wilmington area.
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have stayed at the hotel several times recently for business. Staff is great and very friendly. Great location and love that all the rooms are suites with doors that seperate the nedroom and livingroom.

Room Tip: try the "14" rooms - the staff says that all rooms are the same size. I think they are bi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments and continued loyalty, the staff and I truly appreciate them. We are excited to mention that the hotel will be starting a rooms renovation in November that will enhance the experience for all guests. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I thought this was the Sheraton Suites, but the room I stayed in was more on the equivalent level of a cheap motel.

The staff was nice and accomodating, but the room was unacceptable. Some of the living room area doors were missing knobs, the bathroom ceiling had water stains, the sheets were torn and the outlet next to the sink in the bathroom was broken with internal components clearly visible.
Upon calling the front desk to inform them of the torn sheets, we were told that some would be sent promptly and after 20 minutes, called back to have a different front desk worker inform us that they had no knowledge of sheets being needed.

I will not return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your recent stay. Although it may not appear to be true, this hotel and its staff take great pride in delivering a high level service to our customers and will continue to do everything in our power to meet everyone’s expectations. I have talked directly with both the Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance about your issues and discussed ways to remedy this types of issues in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may improve upon our services.

Sincerely
New Jersey, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed there for 1 night in September after a visit to Longwood gardens.
Hotel had no hot water that day and the garage was full.
SPG lounge only had apples and drinks left when I arrived (around 10 pm), no coffee.
The room was OK for a family of 4, nothing special though.
In addition of SPG points I was charged about $77 for ?brand reward program and taxes.
A front desk clerk assured me that these charges will be covered by SPG, however my credit card was charged. A message to the hotel manager was left unanswered.
I normally don't pay that many points for a regular property unless it's near a major attraction or in one of the major cities, made an exception this time and ended up paying extra.
Not worth it (+ the aggravation)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for comments regarding your stay. In addition, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay.
As I stated in the letter that I sent out to all hotel guests on late Saturday afternoon; the hotel experienced one of its hot water boiler pumps fail. The letter was put out to be proactive in case any guest experienced an issue with the water temperature in their guest rooms and not because this hotel or I wanted to provide a “sub-par experience”. Not every guest experienced an issue and when I put this letter out we were hoping that no one had an issue. I am aware that some guests did have an issue on Saturday evening and early Sunday morning but hot water was completely restored to the hotel by 9am on Sunday as the plumbers were able to temporary fix the issue until Monday morning when they completely replaced the pump. There wasn’t a clear cut pattern of which rooms were affected so I instructed the front desk to give a room discount to the guests that did call down with hot water issues. I am uncertain whether you called down to the desk or mentioned the issue at check-out but if you call me directly I would be more than happy to refund your points. Look forward to talk with you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here when we found out Hotel duPont overbooked us for a local wedding. What a gift! The place is beautiful and we are hotel snobs. Service very good got checked in ASAP. Our room was huge and very clean! It was decorated nicely and the bedding was very comfortable and felt like home not like a hotel. One minor complaint was the shower water was initially cold but they told us with a note that they had a problem an we're working to fix it and they did so promptly. The only other small issue was the concierge breakfast on the 11 th floor. The food was cold and the woman servicing us was cranky. I would stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with the hotel. I am glad that you were able to have the opportunity to stay with us the last time you were in Wilmington. The hotel’s staff always strives to meet/exceed expectations and I am sorry that they did not during your stay. I can tell you that the AM Club Lounge attendant has been changed and we now have a phenomenal gentleman taking care of the guests.
Thank you again and we truly hope to see you the next time you are in Wilmington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My recent stay at the Sheraton was superb. The room was comfortable, breakfast was delicious and service was excellent. I must say I have to credit the front desk for making this possible, particularly Shawna. I had a problem with my credit card and was able to get the situation rectified without any stress due to her patience and professionalism. The Sheraton will definitely be at the top of my list for my future travel plans.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your glowing feedback about your stay and Shawna. The staff and I truly appreciate it. As mentioned numerous times before, the staff strives to ensure that all guest stays are great. I am glad to hear that you were able to experience this during your stay
Thank you and we hope to see you in the future.
Eric Jolikko

Been to Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!