“Very Impressive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here when we found out Hotel duPont overbooked us for a local wedding. What a gift! The place is beautiful and we are hotel snobs. Service very good got checked in ASAP. Our room was huge and very clean! It was decorated nicely and the bedding was very comfortable and felt like home not like a hotel. One minor complaint was the shower water was initially cold but they told us with a note that they had a problem an we're working to fix it and they did so promptly. The only other small issue was the concierge breakfast on the 11 th floor. The food was cold and the woman servicing us was cranky. I would stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with the hotel. I am glad that you were able to have the opportunity to stay with us the last time you were in Wilmington. The hotel’s staff always strives to meet/exceed expectations and I am sorry that they did not during your stay. I can tell you that the AM Club Lounge attendant has been changed and we now have a phenomenal gentleman taking care of the guests.
Thank you again and we truly hope to see you the next time you are in Wilmington
Warm Regards,
Eric Jolikko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My recent stay at the Sheraton was superb. The room was comfortable, breakfast was delicious and service was excellent. I must say I have to credit the front desk for making this possible, particularly Shawna. I had a problem with my credit card and was able to get the situation rectified without any stress due to her patience and professionalism. The Sheraton will definitely be at the top of my list for my future travel plans.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your glowing feedback about your stay and Shawna. The staff and I truly appreciate it. As mentioned numerous times before, the staff strives to ensure that all guest stays are great. I am glad to hear that you were able to experience this during your stay
Thank you and we hope to see you in the future.
Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel was very clean, the room very comfortable. Mom, sis and I spent a girls weekend in the suite with 2 double beds and a double sofa in the living room. We had more than enough space for the 3 of us. The coffee maker and frig in the room were an unexpected surprise--could do very nicely if you just wanted to lounge in for a continental breakfast. Hotel staff from Rich, to Latifah in the restaurant were great, friendly, attentive and helpful. If you are there for the buffet breakfast on Sunday, have the chef make fresh eggs for you. The buffet eggs are cooked marginal but everything else was great. The location was not great for a weekend as the financial district is kind of quiet--we like more activity, but would probably choose this hotel for all the other features.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown. All of our rooms are two room suites. With the addition of the refrigerator and microwave, the hotel is ideal for both business and leisure guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite. I was also very pleased to hear that the staff (especially Richard and Latifah) took excellent care of you and your family, the entire staff strives to give all hotel guests this same experience.
Thank you again and we look forward to see you again in the future.
Southwest Ranches, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel staff, especially Gloria in the restaurant is worth returning for. I thought the breakfast buffet was pricey for what you got, but it was convenient. The rooms are very large, with a sitting area and a separate bedroom. They have a good sized refridgerator and a microwave if you want to prepare some of your own food, though other than the desk in the room there is really no where to sit and eat n the room. There is a cute area nearby to go eat or go out to some bars, the problem is that all the surrounding area looks like a run down neighborhood that I wouldn't want to walk alone or even accompanied and especially after dark.

Room Tip: There is apparently a club level in the hotel that includes some appetizers and snacks and drinks...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The staff strives to provide the best service possible to all the guests during their stay. I am glad to hear that Gloria was able to provide that type of service to you. In addition, to enhance the guest experience the hotel will be starting a guest renovation starting in November. Thank you again and we truly hope to see you again when you are in the Wilmington area.
Austin, Tx.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here the night before a marathon. Sleep is really important to me while traveling for races and this hotel did not disappoint. The front desk was helpful and directed me to a restaurant nearby. I was also able to get a late check out without any problems.
They have free wifi in the check in area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I hope that you did well in the race and met or exceeded your goal time. I would agree that the beds are extremely comfortable and if you are interested are available for purchase at Sheraton.com. Thank you again and we truly hope to see you again when you are in the Wilmington area.
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Front desk staff slow and cold. Rooms need a renovation. Best part is the club lounge. Food was okay but staff there was very friendly and accommodating. Bed as always was wonderful. Problems cards oftened failed to work in elevator. Elevators were slow.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I have talked to the Front Office Manager regarding comments about the front desk staff. Typically the desk staff receives positive comments about their hospitality, I am sorry that you did not during your stay. In addition, I can tell you that we are aware of many of the condition issues that exist in the hotel and excited that we will be going through a renovation in many of these areas before year end of 2012. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may improve upon our services.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Sheraton suites have the such great room lay outs that we seek them out. But we have stayed in a couple different ones this week and each one the air conditioning seems to go on some sort of energy saver at night and it is stifling in the room. We are now in one in Akron Ohio and I feel like I am suffocating again. What the heck is going on Sheraton? Otherwise the wilmington rooms were great. The neighborhood is not one to walk around at night the though. The restaurant- basils is not good for breakfast but there is a nice little bread place a block away. The cleaning people were yelling down the halls during the day which was really annoying during my kids nap time.

• Stayed September 2012
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am researching your AC question, but I can tell you that I and several of my management staff have stayed in the rooms overnight and have not experienced this issue. However, I do completely believe you as the hotel does get occasional AC guest room calls which the maintenance staff corrects the issues as they are notified. I do apologize that you had the issue with your AC unit. The hotel just hired a new chef two weeks ago and he will be addressing the issues that you experienced in the Basil restaurant. In addition, I personally talked to the entire housekeeping department about voice levels while on they are on the floors.
Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time that you are in the Wilmington area.
Eric Jolikko

Been to Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!