“Beyond expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington, United States
“Beyond expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location, staff, service although they missed my room when cleaning a number of days but they would come to clean it and "make it right" as soon as I asked, best internet experience in hotel yet

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My stay was comfortable and the staff are really friendly. Rooms are clean except there is a problem while opening the door. Staff came and helped. Got guest internet access for free, which is very good. I would recommend this.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is really well run. Staff is always super helpful and goes out of their way to be nice--seems that MANAGEMENT treats the staff very well, please keep that up! It's so important for customer satisfaction. Sheets, towels, blankets, pillows are wonderful. Our kids are always happy here, love breakfast, the dining staff go out of their way and are very accommodating. We like to relax over 2 nights, visit Longwood, Brandywine River Museum, Winterthur, Hanks Place, and our girls always get us into the mall nearby. We love the pool open 24 hours. Our visit is an annual springbreak tradition. One criticism about the recent overhaul -- barstools and sofa/chairs in the dining room look nice, but they are cheap and have no support, it makes it less pleasant to sit and have a drink or read the paper. I wish the hotel had made a better investment in decent, supportive dining chairs and stools.

Clyde, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was traveling with the same 85 year old mother......Chaleoa and Brittany were fantastic! They went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Our mother was more than pleased. Now i know why she INSISTED we stay in this hotel. Thank you very much, we will be back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
chapman1118, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Bob-
Thank you very much for the great review of the hotel. All of the hard work we have put into this hotel with the reinvention would not mean anything without a warm staff who make our guests feel like they are at home. We look forward to your return.

Yours in Hospitality,
Massillon, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first trip to Wilmington, DE and I was unsure of where to stay. I've had previous good experiences with Hilton properties and especially with Doubletree so this conveniently-located hotel was a natural choice. While the hotel was busy and full during our stay, the staff could not have been more helpful. I was travelling with my 85 year old mother and the front desk staff accommodated her every request. The rooms were luxurious and the beds exceptional. I will certainly stay at this hotel again should I ever have the opportunity to return to the area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
DTGeneralManager4727, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you very much for the kind words about our staff and about the facility. Our new Sweet Dreams bedding package adds a level of comfort that our guest are raving about! But it is our kind staff that keeps people coming back!

We look forward to your return!

Yours in Hospitality,
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Because of work in the Brandywine Valley, I have had the distinct pleasure to stay at this newly remodeled home away from home. I have never had a hotel breakfast as clean, plentiful and appetizing as the new breakfast at this Doubletree! They have grits on their buffet! yes Grits! The staff from check in to departure has always been friendly and professional. This is an older hotel that is very close to a complete renovation that is definitely a success. I applaud the cleanliness, the cable channels, flat screen tv, coffee maker and of course the cookies! I'm not the one that makes the reservation for work, but I'm always treated superbly by the staff. Hilton should be very proud of this hotel and the credit they give the Hilton name.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
chapman1118, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much for the fantastic review! We appreciate you being our guest for 50 days! I will pass your comments about the food on to our Chef. Travelers like yourself are exactly the reason we add different menu items to the breakfast menu every day as well as the nightly dinner specials. That way when someone is our guest for an extend period of time, they will have different menu options to try.

We look forward towards your next 50!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was there for a (85),(83) and (80) yr old Birthday Party for my Dad and two aunts. The setup was done very nice. Breakfast...not that great. Use of the Business Center gets 5 stars.employee/engineer 'Martin' assit me on the computer/internet. His help made up for the 'bad' eggs at breakfast. Parking is free...but, limit space. Would I stay there again? Probably.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington? Share your experiences!