“Great Hotel, loud room.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
wilmington, United States
“Great Hotel, loud room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel staff were very helpful and professional. The cleanliness,and room size/quality were great. Unfortunately, our room was right next to the elevator, and the noise from hotel guests congregating all night near the elevator was pretty loud. I'd say a little bit of soundproofing would really help this particular room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erin D, Social Media Champion at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your 4 star review! We are sorry that you encountered some noise challenges during your stay. Next time you are here, we will be happy to pre block your room away from the elevator to make your stay a bit quieter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hampton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good location, Negotiate the breakfast into the price of the hotel...great buffet but a bit expensive if purchased separate. No refridgerator or micro-wave in the rooms. Difficult to access from the other side of the highway. A great hotel otherwise!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great review!
Westport, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Rooms need renovating. Bathroom not dirty but looked very worn and toilet kept running. Food was also lousy. I would not highly recommend. Not worth the price. Disappointed Double Tree. jf ii\\ kdkj \jdkfj lslsl

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erin D, Social Media Champion at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Heather,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We are glad that your room was clean. We will be undergoing a $5 million dollar reinvention beginning in January 2014, so many of your disappointments will be corrected by this. I'd like to learn a little more about your experience in the restaurant, so we'll reach out via email. We would certainly like the chance to serve you again when you are back in the area to show off our new look next year.
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I usually write reviews for both good and bad, this one is bad and i should have never stayed there, I am writing my review taking in consideration this is a full service hotel and haven paid $300+ FOR MY #708 ROOM/SUITE.
Based on the price, I thought I am walking into the utmost luxury, pictures look great but reality is different.
Lobby is good, when I checked in though, the lady said I can only get one free breakfast pass even though I said there is 2 in the party, they should offer free breakfast and I'll get back to this later.
Elevator and hallways you can tell they are old, definitely unprofessionally painted, looks like my kid painted the hotel.
Carpet is old in the hall way.
You enter the room/suite.
Carpet is good, at first glance looks great.
Bathroom has only one entrance from living area and not from Bedroom which is very odd and unacceptable.
No closet in the bedroom, only in living room and close to entrance, so you's out of luck there.
Coffee machine is a good one but they had only 2 coffees, no mugs just paper cups, ad one condiment, so we had to split it. Remember this is a suite.
No complimentary water in the room, so I had to buy them for $2/each. Bad deal.
Wifi was OK but no password was needed although they give you one, so it's not really secure.
Beds are double and not queen, unusual.
There were no throw on on the bed? there was no design to the room.
Of course again, no closet.
I go to take a shower, bathroom floors are cheap and they are stained from construction or paint?
Vanity and sink were good. No water glasses though. Not too much room also.
Toilet is your cheapest $100 toilet, small and old.
Tub is 20 years old probably.
I go to take a shower and the tub is not draining, you giggle the handle thingy and that does not help so I'm taking a shower with filth up to my ankle.
I get out, reach out to get a towel and what? no towel rack, where the hell are the towels, I have to walk back to the sink and they are under there, slipper floor of course since it's cheap. Shower curtain is old and not tight so now there is water on the floor too.
I call the front desk up and she said they'll send their (Engineer), he came in with a screw driver! what? how can you fix a clogged drain with a screw driver? nevertheless it was not fixed and I'd like to know now if it was ever fixed.
I can only guess that this Hotel is a Franchise and not Hilton owned, I can guarantee it is and I can take a wild guess who owns it, someone cheap.
I complained next morning to the front desk, nothing was done but i did get another breakfast voucher.
You walk into the restaurant, No one there, all this food is going to waste, it was surprisingly good food? this is why they should offer it for free to attract more customers.
Oh, and the windows in the room do not open at all.
I really would like my money back at this point and a free future visit, even though I might not go.
I did not check out the pool but my guess it was either not open, cold water or old.
Here you have it, if you want to get a hold of me you know there to find me, i stayed there Monday night.
To all travelers, do not go there, let them close down.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Erin D, Social Media Champion at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, Kal. Your feedback gives us the opportunity to improve our hotel and service. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy the accommodations during your last visit and will contact you individually regarding this.
We will be undergoing a $5 million dollar reinvention beginning January 2014, so many of your concerns will be addressed at that time. We are pleased to let you know that the shower drain has in fact been fixed. The pool is open, indoor and heated for our guests comfort. Thank you for your kind comments on our breakfast buffet, we were glad that you did enjoy and will touch base with our staff about their restaurant greeting.
We would like to offer you a complimentary stay with us in the future after the reinvention, the next time you will be in town and will send over the details to you. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to make your next stay a 10.
Murfreesboro, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is comparable to any other Hilton associated hotel with excellent beds/linens, extreme cleanliness, and very helpful staff. However it is unreasonable to price breakfast food so extrememly high when there are several other restaurants in the area. I don't expect a free full breakfast but more reasonable prices and not $13 for yogurt, muffin, and 1 glass of juice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Erin D, Social Media Champion at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Wilmington! We apologize that the breakfast prices seemed high; we will certainly look into pricing. We do also have a la carte options at breakfast, in addition to our breakfast buffet. We do also have room packages that include the full breakfast buffet in the room rate, so that may be of interest next time that you stay with us. We are so pleased that our hotel amenities, otherwise, were 5 stars. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The entrance to the hotel was a little tight and I didn’t see any luggage carts anywhere, this is probably because carts wouldn’t fit through the door due to the configuration of the entry. The lobby wasn’t very inviting but there was a nice bowl of Granny Smith apples and oranges at the front desk. Check in staff was very wonderful and friendly. Aviana (?) ensured we got our water, cookies and breakfast certificates (as Diamond level guests). The hotel is seven floors and has two elevators that always seemed to be where I needed them - amazing as the hotel was very busy with two wedding groups and a sports team the night we were there. The room we were in was considered an upgrade but it was a little tight. There were two double beds and one easy chair. Only one person at a time could walk around the room. The TV was on the small side (32”) perhaps but all the channels I needed were available. There was nothing in particular about the room to rave about. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. There was a buffet (no omelet station) with all the regular items you would expect. They had really tasty bacon and some delicious breakfast potatoes. There were also sausages called Lancasters that were basically German Nuernberger sausages that was a little special. They also had our favorite Activia yogurt. The sign above the yogurt said the yogurt was Greek. I found no Greek yogurt in the tray. All in all the stay was enjoyable and the AAA rate we booked was very reasonable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erin D, Social Media Champion at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your 4 star review! We appreciate your business and your review helps us improve to make your stay that much better! We will be undergoing a $5Million dollar reinvention next year, which will improve the hotel entrance. We are glad to hear that everything was good in your room and that the elevators were in the right place at the right time. We do have omelets cooked to order, rather than on the buffet, so we hope you get to enjoy those next time. We typically have greek yogurt on the buffet, and will look into making sure they are always available.
Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back in the future!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. We were in Delaware for our daughter's wedding last week and we stayed at The Doubletree Hilton. Not only is it simply a good hotel, but everyone on the staff was wonderful, friendly and excited for us. They all made us feel at home and they were actually interested in hearing about this important of event in our lives.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Erin D, Social Media Champion at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We are thrilled about what a great weekend you had during your daughter's wedding. It's our pleasure to serve you & your family during this special celebration! Come back anytime!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington? Share your experiences!