“Business Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Conyers, United States
“Business Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited a chemical vendor in the area and stayed at the DoubleTree during this stay. Stay was nice and quality was good. For the money, was a good stay. Recommendation from vendor helped to narrow down the choice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights for business. Normally a Hampton person, but this hotel was more conveniently located for me. A few comments about my stay:
The negatives: The turn into the hotel is very easy to miss. Rooms are inconsistent so ask for what you want. My first room with a King bed had a tiny bathroom with bad lighting (don't get "corner" rooms unless you don't mind small vanities in the small bathroom). I changed rooms and the next room was great, but was missing a microwave, yet my coworker next door had a microwave (and I like to warm up my coffee). Again, clean and comfortable is a priority and the room was great, but if these other things are important to you, but sure to ask for what you want and they will accommodate.
The positives: Plenty of parking, great staff at breakfast, helpful staff at the front desk, comfortable clean rooms.

Room Tip: The "corner" rooms in the towers have small bathrooms with very little counter space and t...
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Always welcomed back with a smile and good service, the Wilmington DoubleTree is almost like a second home when I come to Wilmington. Count on good service, clean rooms and good amenities when you stay.

Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very nice hotel. Stayed here for a business meeting. I did not have a vehicle so my dining options were few. I ate in the hotel restaurant and was pleasantly surprised by the good quality of the food. Hotel staff throughout were very nice. Clean, no issues.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at this location this week as part of a large group. Personally I would not have selected a hotel out on a strip but it wasn't my choice to make-not sure why they chose it so far from the train and downtown. But that said, it wasn't a bad place at all. The rooms were like any other hotel room- very much like the Hampton Inns I usually stay in. Good bedding. Actually my room seemed recently renovated. It was immaculate.
They have a nice meeting area off to the side which I imagine would also be good for weddings. I liked the fact that we had our breaks right next to our meeting rooms. We ate multiple meals there this week. All were good. No one complained that I know of. Really nice break food.
The exercise room was too small. 5:15am and every machine (all six) were taken. I never saw anyone in the pool but it looked ok- if you want to parade in a swim suit with the gym people facing you.
I heard rumors when we were there that there was a management changeover. I know the desk people were distracted and less than helpful. The meeting people were however very attentive, and the van drivers very popular (they ran vans to the trains and restaurants for us.)
What I really did not like may not be unfixable- if you are not careful, you will drive right by the entrance to this hotel. The driveway is hidden in the chaos of the neighbors signs. And there is only one entrance so if you overshoot it you are in the mall and right now there is not a connection between parking lots so you have to go down the road a bit and turn around and then go back up the road and turn around again to get in the right lane to try to get into the hotel.
The sign in the lobby said free wifi. It worked for me, but I am a HHonors member.
I was originally given a room in the front which I rejected for a rear, mall facing room. It was a very quiet stay-I never heard the room traffic.
If I were coming with a car, I would consider staying here again. Next to the mall and all the food options was not a bad thing, and parking was free. You can drive downtown quickly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington

Address: 4727 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803
Location: United States > Delaware > Wilmington
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington 3.5*
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington is centrally located near the Concord Mall and Interstate 95 in Brandywine Valley. Complimentary shuttle service is available to shops and restaurants within 3 miles of the property. Philadelphia International Airport is less than 17 miles away. Other features include complimentary WiFi, onsite dining, indoor heated pool, fitness center and our signature warm, delicious chocolate chip cookies. Event and meeting space for up to 300 guests can be accommodated at DoubleTree Wilmington. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.