“good Value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Boston, Massachusetts
“good Value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hi.
This is a very nice courtyard. Great location for any of the businesses in downtown wilmington. The lobby is small but they have a nice bistro with good breakfast selection at good prices. There is a small business center as well as fitness center. Not fabulous but does the trick for a quick workout. The staff was efficient and very nice. The room/king bed was comfortable, clean, and shower was great(good water pressure).

The price for hotel was very good and I would recommend this for anyone looking to stay in downtown wilmington.

Room Tip: I was on 4th floor and away from elevators and it was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was dramatically effected by the party going on late into the night in the room(s) next door. We stayed in the hotel on a Saturday night before getting the train the next morning. The location near the station was great and the room was typical for a Courtyard. Free parking in the downtown location was a plus. However, a VERY noisy party was underway through the wall. By 1:30 we made a series of calls to the front desk. After a couple of tries at stopping the noise, they offered to move us to a different room, something we were not in the mood to do at 2:30 am. Finally, about 4:00 am things calmed down and we could get back to sleep. In spite of the pluses with the location, I'm sure we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I am so sorry for the disturbance you experienced here at the Wilmington Downtown Courtyard on Saturday night. We do have a no party policy which states that we issue one warning and if we need to address the issue again, the noisy guests are asked to leave without compensation. I will be sure to follow-up with the overnight associates to ensure they continue enforcing this policy. I am so sorry for the disturbance again.

Christina
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel worked out great for our visit to Wilmington. Parking in the garage next door was perfect and not expensive with in and out privilege. Downtown is a great location as there is the Riverfront only 3 miles away and Brandywine park and the zoo only 3 miles in the other direction. We stayed two nights and left on Saturday. Downtown is nice to walk, but no one is there in the weekends. I think this was the best staff ever. Added breakfast, cooked to order for the two of us for only $10 each day. What a bargain. No cold cereal here! The Ale House restaurant is only 2 minute walk away and the beer is awesome and the food is fresh and good.

Room Tip: Ask for breakfast to be added. Only $10 for two.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to Wilmington and found our location convenient. It is nice to hear that our associates took good care of you and we hope to see you again next time you are in Wilmington. We do serve a variety of cold cereals, so I am sorry you missed them, but ask us about them next time. Thank you again!
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just spent one night at the Courtyard on West Street. The hotel is located on a busy street and parking is basically pulling into a small space to unload luggage. Parking for the hotel is almost one block away.However, the hotel will pay for parking if you request.

The front desk was staffed by one young lady that seemed friendly and professional. I checked into the hotel and found the room to be small. I returned to the front desk and made some comment about the room and the lady asked if I wanted to change rooms. She put me in a second room that was not much bigger, but had a large shower. The front desk personnel suggest a restaurant and provided me with directions to a local liquor store that was open on Sunday. This hotel was designed to use every inch of the space. and in some cases making it almost too crowded. The bedding was okay, with two foam and two feather pillows,

The room was okay, nothing special. InterNet was offered free of charge. Since I am a Elite Premier Marriott member, I am accusomer to the front desk sshow more appreciation for me staying in a Marriott more than 150 times each year. In this case there was no real apprecation for my loyality to the Marriott brand. I have stayed in stayed in many Courtyards that provides more service. However, the hotel is located near downtown and within walking distance to several restaurants.

I think there is a full-service Marriott in Wimington and I would probably stay there than in the Courtyard next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Wilmington for one night while traveling for work.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and met my needs. I felt very good about my rate of $119 until I heard my colleague got a room at a hotel across the street for $89. I'm not sure which price was the extreme deal or which better reflects market rate for the area.

• Stayed July 2013
pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I would say nothing special here. Hotel was clean but not spotless. Mattress had a hole in it from a big tear. You can tell it has been updated but the building does show some age. Staff was very friendly. For the price I would stay again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 9th on a windy day and the windows made some howling noises.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here for a week on two occasions and will be returning. The staff is friendly and helpful, and there is a security person on duty as well as the front desk staff. The rooms are clean and the beds are quite comfortable. The rooms are also quiet - I've never heard anyone in adjoining rooms. The building is convenient to all the downtown business buildings as well as the opera house and Market Street restaurants. Parking is a little awkward, but typical for center-city locations (and much less expensive than in large cities).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown? Share your experiences!