Stayed here one weekday night for a quick trip to Wilmington.
Arrived via Amtrak and it was a quick cab ride to the hotel. We were greeted by a couple of friendly employees immediately upon entry to the hotel. Within minutes we were checked in ... and they took extra time to explain the hotel's amenities.
The rooms felt a bit small (probably an older hotel building) they were most certainly up-to-date and spotless clean. Usually ask for a high floor and got a nice view of the river to the north.
While this hotel would seem to be a better fit for business travelers - it is an easy walk to lots of things on this end of town - I would also have no problems considering staying here for non-business purposes as well. As typical with any downtown hotel location there's parking issues - not sure if you can get a better rate at one of the other garages that are close by.
We found around the corner on Washington a nice restaurant serving good food and beer - plus other shops adjacent to it.
Check-out was quick and efficient as well and they had no problem getting a quick cab for us for the ride back to the train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Wilmington Downtown Hotel is the perfect choice when traveling to Wilmington, DE or the Brandywine Valley. Our hotel features a new state-of-the-art lobby, providing greater flexibility and choices for guests. The Courtyard Wilmington Hotel lobby features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Our downtown Wilmington, Delaware hotel is located in the heart of downtown Wilmington, within the city's Financial and Legal District, minutes from dining, shopping and entertainment attractions of the Market Street Mall and the exciting Riverfront area of Wilmington. Visit top attractions such as Longwood Gardens, Winterthur Museum and Frawley Stadium when you stay at our Wilmington, DE hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Wilmington Downtown Hotel Wilmington
- Wilmington Courtyard
- Wilmington Marriott
- Courtyard Wilmington Downtown