“Bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Brandywine Valley Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Brandywine Valley Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Brandywine Valley Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1807 Concord Pike (Route 202), Wilmington, DE 19803-2901   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Herndon, Virginia, USA
“Bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

No bed bugs on first night, but new sheets brought new bugs -- tons of them. We packed up and left in the middle of the night. At checkout, the desk clerk gave me the manager's business card and said to call her on Monday to see if she would adjust the rate. If we bring those bed bugs to our house, a rate adjustment will be inadequate.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Great place for the money. I felt like I was in a fort. The rooms surround the pool. Wish I could have stayed another day to lounge around pool. Friendly helpful staff and great breakfast!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Trappe, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend as a good value for the money. Then I saw the reviews on-line which led me to have a few questions about the place so I called them directly. I asked pointed questions about some of the things I had read and about the rooms which the staff member answered thoroughly. I decided to give the place a try. It was easy to find and check in was a breeze. The facility and room was clean and the staff was friendly. Several hours later the phone in our room rang and it was the staff member I had talked with the night before when I had called checking in to make sure everything was to our satisfaction and see if we needed anything. Wow...I was impressed! I thanked her for calling and assured her so far everything was just fine. We ate at the Hollywood Diner for both dinner and breakfast, which we found to be not only convienient but reasonably priced with good food and service. The entire stay was comfortable and we will stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2010
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband ,extended family and I stayed at this hotel for a family gathering. We entered the hotel on Wednesday, June 23, 2010. Upon arrival, I noticed that my nephew was playing the lovely piano and my husband went to him and asked if someone had given him permission to be on the piano and he said yes. Mary, the manager, came in and told him he should not be on the piano and removed him from the piano and closed the covering over the keys. It seems to me that Mary should have spoken with her personnel staff first and then proceeded to inform us that the piano was for display only. By the way, the young lady that checked us in had given my nephew's grandmother permission to be on the piano. We got to our room, room # 147, on the end, near the street. We got to the door and we literally had to PUSH the door open; not only did we have to do this one time, but everytime we entered or exited this room. My sister-in-law had a room down from my husband and me and told us her toilet was stopped up. The next day, someone came and repaired it. The next evening, our toilet was stopped up. I called the front desk and spoke with a female and she said she would send someone over right away. My husband and I waited in the room all evening and no one showed up. I think the young lady just forgot to pass the message on; understandable. The next day, I called the front desk again and spoke with Marquee -explained to him how the toilet was still stopped up and how we had waited for someone to repair it. He said he could send someone over right away and that is just what he did - very much appreciated. I read a review from pearl65 about the breakfast she had; we had no pastries and no hard boiled eggs. Let me also mention that the waffle maker was not working. We were informed that breakfast would be ready at 6:00 a.m. however, we never experienced that. We were up in the lobby by 6:00 a.m. and breakfast was not ready. The coffee was horrible- cold and weak. One one morning, we were in the lobby and my husband witnessed someone working at the front desk tell a fellow employee that he had "fresh coffee" in the back. What, we paying guests are not worthy of fresh coffee???!!!! We checked out of this hotel on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 during the wee morning hours because our flight from Baltimore/Washington left early and when we got to the front desk, my husband and sister-in-law witnessed the gentleman who was working the front desk in the back sleeping. On top of that my aunt, who is a diabetic, showed us red marks on her ankles where she'd obviously been bitten by some type of bug. On top of that, we were quoted a group rate/price per night of $69.00 and upon exiting the hotel, we were infomred that the price was $89.00/night. Why were we not told this upon our checking into the hotel? This hotel has very friendly front desk staff, but it is definitely over-priced for what we received. The hotel was not cleaned on Sunday, June 27, paper was on the floor on Monday, June 28th .(Remember, we didn't leave until June 29th). The rooms are definitely in need of being refurbished and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Ok, places like this exist?! Motel a la 1970. Woefully misrepresented on their website. No words. Staff is strangely friendly - makes for unusual and uncomfortable exchanges. Didn't feel safe.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

The manager replied to our comments and offered us a complimentary room the next time we were in the area. We passed thru the next month and decided to give it another shot. Well..surprise, surprise..the room we were given was dirty and the stains in the bathroom , disgusting. There were even food stains on the walls behind the table next to the beds. We informed the front dek of this situation and they were sorry and only wanted to give us 50% off the room. They did eventually comp the room , however we will never stay there again !!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Pompton Plains, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Our stay here was less than satisfactory...as soon as we entered the guest room, the smell of smoke and mildew hit us in our faces. There was so much mildew in the bathroom, I took showers with my flip-flops on. Thought that we would relax in the jacuzzi before dinner, however, it looked like the swamp thing would rise up out of it. We stayed here for about a week and it never was fixed. After dinner one night, we got lost in downtown Wilmington and called the hotel for directions back and were told that they were not familiar with the area. Lastly, one morning we went to get in our car and found it surrounded with chicken bones and a used condom. This was not a pleasant sight first thing in the morning. Needless to say, we will not be staying here again....It's DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Brandywine Valley Inn? Share your experiences!