“Best place to print rib” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 460 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best place to print rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Love the service and atmosphere .prime rib is always awesome. The lamb is always good but the sauce is not
A mint sauce as it once was so that was a disappointment. My husband was disappointed somewhat. Martinis were excellent and the bartender was tolerant of my husbands experimenting with different drinks. all on all a great evening out. Get the bananas foster. You won't regret it.

Newark, Delaware USA
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My first time here. We went with another couple to celebrate a birthday. The waiter was outstanding. He had been there for many years and knew the wine and food. His recommendations where spot on. I was also surprised that the place was almost empty on Friday night at 8:30. I hope that was an anomaly and not a sign of bad times. We will definitely be back.

Visited October 2012
Hockessin, Delaware
“Big Big let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

For years I have heard how great this place was. My husband and I went on October 31. There were two other tables in restaurant occupied at 7pm. We had the spicy shrimp appetizer. It was four very rubbery shrimp wrapped in bacon and slathered with barbeque sauce. It wasnt even warm. The bread was tasty, but the butter was ice cold and tasted like the refrigerator. My husband ordered the prime rib rare and I ordered filet mignon medium rare. His was just plain cold and no flavor at all. Mine was charcoal burnt on the outside and just a touch of pink inside. just tasted burnt. The "big pour" for a glass of wine is the size of a general size glass of wine most other places, but you are charged double. This establishment is so famous for its steak in Wilmington i was just shocked at how poor the food was. On a positive note, the waitress was nice! Oh, and the bananas foster, which I thought was usually prepared tableside and warm, was served in a cold dish of four slliced bananas, whip cream with a caramel sauce. all cold. We didn't complain, but we certainly won't go back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
apopka
“WOW what a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Fodd is fresh and perfectly seasoned and cooked the staff is friendly and very accomidating everyone there makes you feel as though your group is a private party and there is no one else an important as your group the prices are varied and is affordable for all. The chef is very personable and greets his guests. This is a great place to dine!

• Visited September 2012
Delaware
“Great Service, Great Embiance & Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We went on a Thursday night (It was my husband's birthday dinner) and a seafood bar (steamed shrimp, raw clams, raw oysters, steamed muscles and clams casino) CAME with every entree. They have different specials for different nights so look at their website. We had the NY Strip steak (delicious & cooked perfectly), Short ribs (tender with a tasty brown gravy) & the crab cake sandwich (delicious & covered the bun). We had a side of sauteed mushrooms that were really good. The fries were nice & crispy, the double stuffed potato was ok and the blue cheese dressing was one of the best I've had. Andre gave 5 star service and the hostess (very nice) gave my daughter a chef jacket because it was rather cold in there. The manager was very nice and made sure we had a great meal. We drove an hour across the state to go there and it was worth well worth it. The only thing I would suggest is to have a ladies steak portion. I REALLY wanted a porterhouse but they only had a 22oz size and that is WAY too big for me. Dinner for the 3 of us (with tip) was $96. We will be going back to try the prime rib (what they are famous for). Oh, we didn't have a reservation & they were able to seat us right away but the restaurant did start to get busy around 6-6:30. We got there at 5:45. Let me know if you found this review helpful by clicking the button below. Thank you!

• Visited August 2012