“STAYTHE HELL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
Upstate
“STAYTHE HELL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Located in a TERRIBLE part of town & next to a shady strip club!!! When we got in our room it smelled horrible & we found MAGGOTS in the bathtub & mouse droppings on the bed! Aside from that there was a lot of suspicious activity going on including 3 police cars & 6 police officers searching rooms! Absolutely REFUSED to give us a refund therefore I gladly ate the $60 and stayed at a much nicer hotel!!!! STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

...then this hotel is for you! I checked in early Saturday evening. The room had a run-down look with an unappetizing smell, but with no other options in the Wilmington area under 100 dollars a night I decided to make the best of it. Then I went to the bathroom. I turned on the light, and, much to my disgust, there was a mouse trying to climb out of the toilet. I immediately went to the check-in desk, told the gentleman there what I had just seen, and asked for another room. He grabbed some sort of net and offered to capture the mouse so I could stay in the room, but I told him he could capture the mouse after he found me another room. He did not understand why I didn't want to stay in the room after what I had just seen! When I insisted on a new room he first said there were none available, but when I pointed out that the parking lot was practically empty he changed his story and said there were only 2 available, but said I wouldn't like them. I asked why. He said, "your room is 'deluxe', these rooms are 'standard'". I said, "So 'deluxe' means it comes with a mouse, and 'standard' means it doesn't?" I do not think he replied. So he shows me the first room, but he really didn't let me into it and either didn't turn on the lights or couldn't. The second room had electricity but was terribly run-down and had what I believe were mouse traps behind the door. At that point I asked if he would refund my credit card, he said he would, so I packed up, got my credit card credited and left. As he was crediting my card I pressed him more on the mice issue and he admitted that this was not an isolated incident and blamed "children who feed the mice", rather than management trying to prevent the mice from getting into the rooms in the first place! (BTW, this property is next to a "Gentlemen's Club", and I believe I saw a young woman in a little black dress being led into a room with a guy she didn't seem to know very well. I wonder if this hotel has hourly rates?) Bottom line....this is a decrepit, seedy excuse for a hotel. This property should be comdemned!

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room is to go to another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you're a dirty old man, or an escaped convict looking for somewhere to take a prostitute, then this is the ideal spot for you. Oh dear dear me. This is a definite NO NO ( unless you are indeed one of the 2 aforementioned ). I didn't spot the signs as I checked in, but there are literally signs erected around the car-park that say things similar to " NO LOITERING" ... " NO PROSTITUTES "..."NO SEX IN THE CAR PARK"...and that sort of thing. Hardly family friendly. Yes it was cheap. Yes it was filthy. Yes it felt unsafe. I ventured into Wilmington to break up my stay. The area was so rough, I came back to this horrid place, ordered a pizza to be delivered, locked the door & stayed in. I secured a chair was behind the door. Do yourself a massive favour - find somewhere else. This seedy hovel is to be avoided at all costs, and I'm in no way a snob.

Room Tip: The only room that would be of any value, would be far far away......
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Thank god we only stayed here one night the gold club was next store to the hotel their hours were 4p-4a could not sleep do to the music playing so dam loud and it was just not a safe place I will never go back I think that I would sleep in my car before staying here again And the picture that they show you for this place boy is it wrong ( stay a way from this place )

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

No non-smoking room; unfriendly staff; bad smell in the room.
Charge $100 for double bed, definitely stay away!

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011 via mobile

Traveled all my life. Worst place I have ever stayed. GROSS. Found bed bugs

• Stayed July 2011
Syracuse
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Bring a black light to know where to walk and lay your head.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fairview Inn? Share your experiences!