“Food good, Waitstaff annoying” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Capital Trail
Transit: A DART bus stop is right across the street (Price's Corner Stop).
Description: We offer two banquet rooms that can accommodate up to 75 and 45 guests, respectively. We also transform our dining room into a private room that can accommodate over 125 people. Each of our private rooms has a projector or a large flatscreen television for any presentation needs. We also offer offsite catering of our fresh and handmade food. On that note, we strive to create the best flavor fusions and we have everything from homemade bread in the beginning of your meal to traditional Italian and a nice selection of seafood. Lamberti's offers something for everyone, and now the winner of 2 Zagat awards for 2013 and 2014, and also a Best of Delaware for Top Ethnic Restaurants (Top 10 in the state), the new management since 2012 is restoring Lamberti's to its previous glory. Come on in and give us a try, I promise you will not be disappointed!
Carneys Point, New Jersey
“Food good, Waitstaff annoying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was very good. Nice flavors and fresh ingredients. The waitstaff was overly friendly. They asked how everything was and did we need anything about 6 times (if not more) in a matter of 25 minutes. It got to the point where we couldn't wait to leave so they would leave us alone. Sad to because the food itself was good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“You Gotta Try These Mussels!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We tried this because of a Groupon deal and were very pleased. The restaurant is set back in a small strip mall so it does not look like much rom the outside. The inside is surprisingly nice. There is a large open dining room with booths around the outside wall and a few tables in the middle of the room. There is also a small patio area with a few outside tables.

We ordered the mussels in white sauce to start and they were wonderful. There was a generous portion of good sized, tender mussels. The broth was outstanding. We asked for some extra bread to soak up all of the liquid.

I ordered the homemade Gnocchi Caprese. The sauce was a little thinner than I expected but was very tasty. There were plenty of small balls of buffalo mozzarella. My husband got the baked ziti. It was good but nothing special.

Our waiter was attentive and so was the maître d' (owner? manager?). They stopped by several times to check on drinks, water, to see how we liked the food and to ask if we needed anything else.

We would definitely go back again. Maybe next time we'd split the mussels and try a pizza to avoid over eating

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent meal ....excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The sign out front of this restaurant says "new ownership". This must be a new owner since the other less than favorable reviews were written..
I cannot say enough good things about Lamberti's ......except that it was a wonderful dining experience. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and provided excellent service. We ordered the seafood pizza for an appetizer. It was so delicious with ample amounts of shrimp and crab and also lots of ricotta and mozzarella cheese. We could not finish it so took the remainder home and enjoyed it the next day. My husband ordered the veal parmigana and I ordered the orrichette with sausage and broccoli rabe. Both meals were outstanding. The veal and pasta were cooked perfectly, the marinara sauce was delicious. My dish was also excellent with the pasta, sausage, and broccoli cooked and seasoned perfectly. A nice basket of specialty bread and rolls was also provided. Anyone who has read prior reviews about Lamberti's should give it a try. The new owner knows what he/she is doing. I would recommend t restaurant to anyone looking for a terrific Italian meal!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Gone completely down hill, absolutely terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Too many horrible things in 1 visit to mention. We were the only people in the restaurant. Food was awful, service was terrible. Used to be one of my favorite places, but under new ownership now. I will never go back!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“Not again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I had been here once before about a year ago and were disappointed in the food for the price. We thought we would give them another try. Only one other couple in the restaurant was not a good sign. It was a Wednesday night but it was dead. This time we were disappointed again. Waitress was nice but a little slow, considering only one other couple was in the restaurant. But the food was less than average. Worst scallops I've ever had. Shrimp were tiny. For $20 I expected something more. My wife got the shrimp scampi for $23. It was just ok. Bread was cold. The best part of the meal was the salad.We know of at least 4 other Italian restaurants in WIlmington that have much better food for $5 less per dinner. They used to have a very good reputation but it seems to me that they are resting on their laurels.

• Visited July 2012