“shrug” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Wilmington, Delaware
“shrug”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Food is not on par with pricing. I eaten in restaurant and take out. I'll do take out in desperation but I'll never sit down again.
The food was overcooked, service slow-propensity towards girls who are in high school/college that are not on the ball.
I've taken out the pizza, not a fan but I like New York style Pizza so I agree that I'm biased.
The owner's also own Catina Di Napoli in Trolley Square-much better food, atmosphere and service.
Just disappointing after everything I've heard from a slew of people but I did hear one common theme-servers-blase and uninterested.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Delaware
1,255 helpful votes 1,255 helpful votes
“LOTS of Good Food at GREAT prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went here the other day for a social gathering. We were set up in one of their banquet rooms. The place was decorated nicely & the wait staff did a great job taking care of everyone. I had the chicken parmigiana. It was delicious. The portion size was huge--enough for 2 servings! I brought half of it home for lunch the following day!! The sauce was sweet and velvety. Delish! I also had a sampling of desserts off their dessert platter in addition to a slice of carrot cake. The cheesecake was pretty good. The carrot cake was decent.

Overall, another great visit with Café Napoli. I would recommend it. It is a nice place to have dinner as a family OR throw a dinner party of any type (bridal shower, birthday, social event, etc). We will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“ok, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

this place will do when all else fails. Nothing really wrong with it, except maybe the meatballs! LOL seriously, very funky there? The pizza is definitely good. Again, food is not bad just not great. Typical of this kind of place and yet some of the prices can be high for a more low end kind of place. Ok in a pinch is what I say but you can do better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Good, but not overly impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

After reading the reviews, I was certain my pizza-loving husband and I should eat here. We were greeted by everyone as we walked in, and we were sat in the back dining room. It was cozy and I liked the decor.

I got the Italian stuffed shells and my husband got a pepperoni pizza.

We were a little underwhelmed with the bread that was served. While it tasted fine, it wasn't even warm. That was a little disappointing.

My husband seemed to like his pizza. He said it was very good, thin, and greasy...just as he likes it.

My shells were good, but nothing spectacular. They were stuffed with chicken, beef, peppers, and spinach, but I really only tasted a lot of meat... And a ton of delicious cheese on top. I guess I'm one of those weird people who prefers more pasta than meat, so I would probably go with a spaghetti or something next time.

Our server was great. He was attentive without being bothersome.

We drove out of our way about 20 minutes to try this place, and I'm not sure we would do it again. We would probably go somewhere else next time. I don't discourage locals from going...it's a nice little place. But for an out-of-towner, I would suggest going with something else. It was a bit expensive. We paid $40 for a pizza, pasta dish (no salad), a glass of house wine, and a water.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Always very satisfied. The food is great. Their pizza is the best I've had. I highly recommend the buffalo chicken pizza - it's excellent.

• Visited March 2014