“Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Savoy Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 460 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cross street: Foulk Road
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family has been celebrating birthdays and anniversaries and we even had our daughter's engangement party there. The prime rib is great and my family loves different types of seafood and they have plenty to choose from. The waiters and waitresses are really up to what Harry's Offer. So stop in sometime and try it out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, Delaware
“Bye, bye Harry's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been a long time, occasional patron of this restaurant. The food had been good, the service as well, and the prices high, really too high for the North Wilmington area. My experience last night has put an end to any further business with Harry's.

A friend and I arrived for a "special occasion" dinner. We were seated quickly in the main dining room very over-crowded with tables. Being lead to our table, I felt like one of the herd of people Harry's had booked for the evening. The noise level was high. The waitress was slow to arrive, squeezing herself between tables, and she and other wait-staff bumped into my chair trying to get through. We had to shout our orders (and shout our conversation to each other), asking for wine for both to arrive with dinner. Both our meals were very salty, and I sent the petite filet back because with the first bite, the only flavor I tasted was salt. Our wine had not yet arrived, I had to ask for it and only one glass arrived. Oops. My friend had finished his meal when mine finally arrived. It was more rare than the medium I requested and it was tough. We had to wait a long time for our check to arrive, and for the waitress to finally pick it up. I begrudged leaving her a 15% tip which I did not feel she deserved.

My suggestion to Harry's is that it remove some of the tables so as to decrease the noise, increase the quality of the service and provide an overall better dining experience. That would of course cost them money, so it will not happen.

So, bye, bye Harry's. In the future, I will spend my hard-earned money elsewhere on a meal that I can enjoy quietly, in a restaurant that does not over-price small portions of fancy-plated food that is inedible, that has better customer service and cares more about the patrons than the cash it is raking in. I suggest you do the same.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newark, Delaware
“OK NOT GREAT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The place was packed The food was ok but nothing to come back to Thr prices were very high More than it should have been. The place has a great reputation so we were very disappointed The service was also so so.

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Run away from this brunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went back to Harry's for brunch and were very disapointed. While the service was good, the food was horrible. The brunch choices were more limited and not well prepared. The pancakes were dry and the syrup tasted of nothing. The biscuit dishes used left-over meat scraps that were over cooked and tough. The gravy was nothing more than flour and water.
We will not be back

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“A Very Special Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently held a special luncheon at Harry's. The attention to detail, the assistance with the menu, and room selection was all done with great care and professionalism. The food was delicious and the venue perfect in every way.

Visited March 2013