“Love their pizza!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Wilmington, Delaware
“Love their pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My hubby and I frequent this place often. Though located in the Concord Mall, the dining area in the back of the restaurant provides the necessary seclusion to make you feel like you aren't in the mall. Most of the wait staff is friendly but, time to time, I don't feel that there is the necessary hostessing occurring, which means you may wait a few minutes, even when not busy to be seated. It does not deter us from going there though. I love their specialty pizzas, in particular the margarita pizza, which I sub the olives for fresh basil, along with the other toppings of plum tomato and prosciutto...mm-mm, so good! They don't have a side salad, not unless you get an entree, but still keep going back. Whether you order just pizza or an entree, you get the bread sticks, with a few other surprises along with it, like tonight a little crescent style roll with pepperoni in it. The dipping sauce is a little thin for my liking but the taste is quite fine. We were just at this place last week and I was craving pizza and wanted to go here. We ordered 3 slices of Sicilian pizza for my hubby (notorious over eater and only finished two), one specialty pizza, onion rings (quite plentiful for two) and a garden salad (we shared it) and soft drinks for a grand total of 38 and some change. Our waitress, Christina, was on top of her game. We, didn't have to ask for anything because she was already taking care of things before we needed them.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, Delaware
“Food was Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The food was terrible. Kids/Mall/Pizza- Got it!...but we have no kids and either do the people that told us to go there.....Will deal with them later... Everything but the house salad was horrible. Super dry and over-cooked EVERYTHING. A pizza cooker is not a chef....something I already know!!!!!Mad at myself as much as this "restaraunt".... uhhhhmm, won't be back. The appetizer was taken off the bill because it was inedible. The salads didn't show on the bill either? I think the waitress knew how unhappy we were....Overpriced and Terrible.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Too good for a mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

When shopping in a mall and looking for something to eat, you are usually stuck with food court fast food joints, very few of which serve alcohol. Not the case if you are in the Concord Mall, outside of Wilmington Delaware. Cafe Riviera appears to be just another pizza parlor as you stroll past. Once you walk inside you see the various types of pizza, stromboli and calzones available. Walk past the front area and you enter a two story, full service restaurant with bar. The meals rival many stand alone Italian restaurants which charge twice the price. In addition to their standard menu there are daily specials for dinner. Seafood and pasta dishes are superb. The menu includes lighter fare for lunch. The servers are always friendly, helpful in regards to the menu, and efficient. We have eaten here regularly for over 16 years and have never been disappointed. On occasion, dining at Cafe Riviera, without doing any shopping, has been our only reason for traveling from our home in PA to DE. The food is excellent. You leave filled and the prices are very reasonable. Other restaurants, trying to compete, have opened and closed in this mall over the years. Cafe Riviera remains and we continue to return.

Juneau, Alaska
“Great bargain pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I grew up near this restaurant and every time I return to the area I insist on going here. The pizza is terrific and there are a wide variety of ways to build your own. It is very reasonably priced and the staff is friendly and helpful. This is the exception to the rule that you can't get good food at a mall.

Visited October 2013
Norwood PA
“Decent food; lousy service & response from manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've been here several times and they have good pizza. The hoagies are so-so and this time I had a tasty cobb salad. My friend ordered a tomato pie. Unfortunately, our server was a no-show until I got up to find someone to at least take a drink order. In the meantime, a couple was seated across from us and their server brought their drinks immediately. We continued to wait and saw this other couple have their orders taken and finally our server decided to wait on us, so we gave him our full order. After quite some time, he brought out my salad and stated the pie would take longer. Then, we watched the other couple finsh their food and leave and my friend still had no food! I saw the manager and stopped him to tell him what is going on, but he interrupted me and said the tomato pie takes longer to make cuz it's all made by hand (as opposed to the other pizzas they serve?). I was trying to explain we had already waited quite some time to even have our server acknowledge us, but like I said, he cut me off and said he would check on the pie and briskly walked away. Less than 1 minute later, our server arrives with the pie, but guess what? It's room temperature...not piping hot, right out of the oven. It's one thing to get brushed off by your server, but then the manager too?!? Incompetent and apathetic service this time and it's a shame because the female server who waited on the couple across from us was whizzing around and super friendly. I think she should be giving lessons to the manager and our server!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CafeRivieraDE, Manager at Cafe Riviera, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Cafe Riviera welcomes any feedback whether favorable or not so we can continually improve. We have reviewed your last visit with us. Cafe Riviera apologizes for any delay you may be encountered. All orders from the Kitchen or Pizza area are customized and made at the time of the ticket being placed. At times, we may encounter a slightly longer waiting period due to high volume. The ticket time was 6:40pm being placed and 7:26pm of the check being closed out. I apologize for not assisting you in a better fashion at this time or explaining the situation in detail.
Our server as been informed about this situation and our management staff will continue to train and guide our servers for a better experience when dining with us. I would like to make sure your next visit with us is what Cafe Riviera strives to gives all our customers. Please ask for me personally so I can make sure this happens. Thank you again for the feedback.
James - Cafe Riviera - Manager