“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Milford, Delaware
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was happy that they offered Gyu Tataki (beef tenderloin). Not all sushi restaurants serve it. Miso soup was just ok. I love salmon sashimi, and it was good, cut a bit thick, I had to cut it in half in order to pick up with my chop sticks. Also ordered Uni, and it was good.

I ordered a quail egg for my Kirin Ichiban and the waitress brought me two quail eggs still in the shell. Obviously they are unfamiliar with Quail egg being served in beer. It's really a Texas / Mexican thing. I picked up that habit down in Houston, at Miyako on Westheimer. The waitress was happy to take the egg to the chef in order to separate the yoke to put in the beer. It's always amusing to see the reactions people have when they see egg in the beer.

• Visited April 2013

Watchung, New Jersey
“Amazing sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food here is excellent, I always leave really fully from the food. I enjoy the Hairy Mexican a lot, which is one of their specialty rolls. I always enjoy coming back here whenever I am in Wilmington on business.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
“Great menu options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've eaten here a few times the most recent visit was last weekend after visiting the Philadelphia Flower Show. We sampled the Vegetable Tempura which was ok, but didn't have as varied of an assortment of vegetables other sushi restaurants do. The Chicken Lettuce Wraps were amazing and the sauce was perfect not too salty or overpowering. I didn't even share as I enjoyed them too much! The Thai was very good and I was surprised how much I liked it after sampling my friends. My daughter got the filet and it was a bit fatty and they forgot to bring the vegetable that accompanied it. The sashimi and sushi appetizer was delicious. The seafood was fresh and the sizes of the sashimi larger than most other sushi establishments. I would rate the sushi itself 5 stars. We didn't have dessert. The staff was ok. Our server was friendly but dishes piled up on the table and were left there even though numerous staff continued to walk by empty handed. The tables are crammed together very tight and having a private conversation is close to impossible. The Japanese Art on the walls is cool and I wish they offered tshirts. In conclusion it was a good meal and we would return there again if in the area. The sushi is a must!

• Visited March 2013
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Always a Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We travel to Wilmington many times each year, and our first "go to" dinner is Mikimotos. The sushi is always predictably delicious, service prompt, yet, you do not feel pushed to leave. We both get the Happy Yellow Tail dinner, but my husband has veered "off course" and ordered other items. Always delicious. The dining area is a little loud, so we have specific tables we ask for, and the Hostess is always accommodating, and not necessarily because we are frequent customers. The beer selection on draft is short....Boo.....but, we end up getting something we enjoy. The calamari is just delicious and the sauces accentuate this delicacy. We had a problem once, and the Manager made every effort to put a smile back on our face. You know a restaurant is good when the take out services are just as busy as inside the establishment. Enjoy !! You won't be disappointed !!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Turin, Italy
“Weird things happen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Averagely styled place, not particular personality is expressed. I sat at the bar, the waitress was kind as usual as theye longing your tips. Anyway, she brought the menu, that was clearly not fresh of ink, and i picked up a 17$ combo that included 6 pieces of roll, 4 nigiri and 4 sashimi of yellowtail. I ordered it, and the waitress warned me there would only have been 2 nighiris and 2 sashimis. Why? "There mustr be a misprint". Well yeah then why dont you reprint it or at least correct it with a pen? I find it very annoying. Anyway, theyellowtail wasn't even that great it was not the best cut if you know what i mean.

• Visited January 2013