“Nice meal with good service...something different.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 472 restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Chilean, Dessert, South American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Romantic Ambiance, specialty Cocktails, Weekly Wine Flights and Chilean Cuisine. Seafood, Ceviches, Stews and a wide variety of Elegant Wines. Daily Specials, Wine Down Wednesday and Great Happy Hour.
San Francisco Bay Area
“Nice meal with good service...something different.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Got to try Pochi's this past week while in town on business. Had heard about it and wanted to try something new in the downtown area. It can be pretty quiet in downtown Wilmington on a Sunday evening, and i wasn't sure Pochi's would actually be open. But we wandered down, found it and tried it out This part of town looks to be going thru some sort of renewal effort. For a Sunday evening....Pochi's felt quite all alone in an area of closed businesses.

The menu was different with a variety of Chilean options.

The service was very attentive...although given they weren't that busy, i was surprised we had to remind the waiter of a few things we had asked for. Also had a bit of a challenge explaining some dishes to us.

But....the food was very good. We shared a couple different appetizers, ordered the Chilean wine tasters...and each ordered a different entree.

Mine was a chicken casserole with vegetables. it was Fantastic!!! My colleagues who had fish also enjoyed their meals.

This is another restaurant option I'll add to my list for Wilmington. Especially downtown on a Sunday evening.

Enjoy

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

96% Recommend
Delaware
“Chilean Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

So the Valentine's Day date at Pochi Chilean and Wine Bar was a great experience. The staff was so engaging and the owners are hands on with the crowd, making sure everyone is having a good time and enjoying the food. I decided on a few small courses since I wanted to try the Chilean flavors! The Camerones (shrimp in white wine sauce and garlic) was so delicious. The breads that come with the entrees or apps are divine. The cheese empanadas of course were deep fried, but when you taste it---not greasy and the melted cheese inside goes great with a smooth Chilean wine. The hearts of palm salad with chopped avocado and dressing was so yummie ! Ambiance is bistro type , warm and cozy! Save your calories for the day and use at Pochi!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“We will definitely be going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our first "date night" since our son was born 6 months ago. We could not have picked any better. We fell in love with ceviche on our honeymoon in Coasta Rica and the salmon ceviche entree I ordered was some of the best I've had. My husband ordered a chicken and beef casserole dish which hit the spot for him. We ordered beef empanadas for an appetizer they were tasty and the perfect appetizer size. We were unsure which wine to order with our dinners and our server, who we later learned was an owner, brought 3 suggestions to the table and let us taste them. Great service. Finally, the grand finale was the BEST dessert I've ever had. Deep fried cheese empanadas with dulce de leche and chocolate sauce. Heaven on a plate. What a treat right here in Wilmington!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delaware
“Nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We tried Pochi on a recent night out. It is the only restaurant providing Chilean cuisine in Wilmington, to my knowledge. The restaurant is somewhat narrow, but has been decorated nicely. It was quite crowded when we arrived, so it had a bustling feel to it. The staff very very accommodating for our party of 8 and we enjoyed the complementary toasted garlic bread, which had a heavy garlic flavor and a terrific chutney/sauce - we asked for more!
The appetizers we ordered - empenadas, shrimp, soup, were all excellent. The main courses were variable: fish meals were good, as were the crab cakes. However, the fish soup was small and the fish stew special was just ok. Entrees were in the $15-$30 range.
They do serve Pisco Sours - which we had loved on a recent visit to Peru. The first ones were very good, but the second round seemed to lack something. There is an extensive selection of beers, wines and cocktails. The owner came around to make sure everything was fine. He said the restaurant does a brisk happy hour business. There is a large bar and there is a good atmosphere about the place, so I could see it buzzing with an after-work crowd.
I would definitely go back and try some of the other dishes.

Visited January 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“EXCELLENT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This little gem in Wilmington Delaware is not to be missed! The food is fresh and delicious. There is a new menu most days with great specials. The cocktails are wonderful and the bar tender is always whipping up something Chilean and new and delicious. If you're in Wilmington make sure you visit Pochi. The atmosphere and people are beautiful. I've been to dinner there a few times while my husband who works in town goes for lunch and an after the work week cocktail most weeks.

• Visited November 2012