“Embarrassing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
Hoboken
“Embarrassing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well I have "stayed" at this hotel three consecutive times and each experience was exponetially worse than the time before. First go around no complains and was actually surprised how well it went. Second trip, get into the room, toilet doest not flush, (also needed to be flushed), tv does not have half the channels the guide says it has, and at one point there was actually no one working at the hotel. Third time, go to check in the girl behind the desk asks for my name and her face drops. Concierge: "Oo yea sorry, we couldnt book your room because we had already booked it. We probably should have called. Sorry. The Days Inn may have a room?" Nah thanks im good, excited to never be back to that hotel or Wilmington in general again. Thanks Inn at Wilmington for blowing my mind with your lack of professionalism!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your recent stay at the Inn at Wilmington. We welcome your feedback, as it will certainly help us improve on how we can make each guests stay a positive one. Your reservation was confirmed through Expedia and did not have a phone number available for us to reach you prior to your arrival. We also reached out to Expedia to inform them of our sold out status. Regarding your past visit, we had our maintenance staff immediately address and resolve all concerns regarding your room. We also met with our front desk staff and placed great emphasis on the importance of meeting and exceeding our guest’s needs. We certainly hope you will reconsider and give Wilmington Delaware and the INN at Wilmington a second chance. I would also like to welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly about the incidents that occurred during your stay.

Thanks and have a great day!

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

For the most part, the hotel was clean and personnel were friendly. The bathroom sink was cracked, the tub drain stop was pulled out of the drain, and I had to fix the constantly running toilet just as soon as I got into the room. There are lots of other hotels in the area with a better, more accessible location. The "store" had a poor selection of snacks, nail files and panty hose-- that's it! The "deluxe" continental breakfast was the same think most hotels serve. Nothing special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for bringing these matters to our attention. Your compliments of our staff and the cleanliness of guest rooms are very much appreciated as well. Not only do we want to provide our guests with a high level of customer service, we also want to make sure our rooms meet their expectations so that they can relax and enjoy their stay. You have brought some very valid points to our attention. We have restocked out market with additional items so we will an ample variety of snacks for our guests.
We have taken your concerns seriously and have addressed them with our entire staff. Thanks again for conveying your message to us. We truly hope you will visit us again in the future.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

After driving for 4 hours,and sitting in TRAFFIC for hours when we arrived at the hotel we were Welcomed and greeted by RJ at the front desk.He was great, courteous and friendly . Check in was fast and easy.Since it was late and we were hungry RJ provided us with menus of places that delivered.And who had good food.The room was clean & comfy.The location was great.We will come back to the Inn at Wilmington again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your awesome compliment about RJ. After traveling for a long period of time it’s nice to hear that your check- in was smooth and you were greeted with outstanding customer service! I will definitely make sure RJ is aware that you were pleased with the excellent service he provided at check-in. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Bremen, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is our third stay. The older gentleman at the front desk is always very courteous. This motel is immaculate and in a great location to restaurants and local attractions. Excellent breakfast selections. We had a king size bed that was so comfortable, I wished I could have brought it home with us because it was even more comfortable than our Sleep By Number bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are elated to know that you continue to receive excellent customer service from our staff and enjoy our location. Please continue to allow us to accommodate you when traveling in the area. I will make sure our front desk associates are aware of all your great compliments!

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very comfortable bed, clean rooms and the price was lower than all the nearby hotels. The breakfast was included in the low rate and just average except for the self made waffles and Starbucks coffee. Overall very good, clean and inexpensive. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful response. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to having you visit with us again.

Mansfield Nottinghamshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I tried to check in at 6.05pm only to be told that our room wouldn't be ready for at least half an hour or so. That was already hours after the advertised check in time. What would have happened if we had needed to shower and change to go out for, say, 7pm? On top of this, the invoice pushed under the door overnight charged $10 more than the rate we had booked through the hotel's website. At checkout, there wasn't anything by way of an apology. The room was also somewhat "tired".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
First let me apologize for the delayed check- in you received while visiting us. We usually adhere to our check- in time of 3pm. Your concerns were addressed and shared with our management and staff. Should you decide to visit the area again, please give us a second chance and call me directly at 302-479-7900, it would be my pleasure to reserve your room for you. I will make sure your room is clean and ready prior to our check- in time of 3pm.
Again, please accept my apologies. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to have you as our guest again and allow us to provide you with exceptional and timely service that you deserve.
Thanks again, your feedback will help to make us better in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed there with my mother and brother overnight in mid-June. First, the key card wouldn't work so I had to run back downstairs to the front desk. Once we did get into the room, I found 1 queen and a pullout couch, not the 2 queen room I'd booked online. Back downstairs for them to tell me that was all they had, and really, the couch pulls out into a queen so it's the same thing. They assured me extra sheets for the couch were in the room. Back upstairs again, to find out there were no extra sheets, or pillows, in the closet. So I called back the front desk, and they did bring some right away. But, the pullout mattress wasn't very comfortable at all. So my poor brother slept scrunched up on the couch part.

Though I didn't get the room I paid for, I gave this an average rating instead of poor because they did have a nice breakfast in the morning, with some hot food, and the staff was friendly. In the future, I hope they consider looking more closely at matching up the customer with the room they'd originally booked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the INN at Wilmington, I honestly appreciate you expressing your concerns about you last stay with us. I can only imagine how frustrating it could be experiencing multiple problems at our property, including not getting a room that you paid for or what you had requested. I did discuss these issues with both the Front Office and Housekeeping managers to assure that this do not occur again. I would like to make this right, I could not find your reservation in our history. Could you please contact me at your earliest convenient at 302-477-9500 to discuss this matter? I do apologize for any troublesomeness this may have caused you and your family, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Been to Inn at Wilmington? Share your experiences!