“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Bremen, IN
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is our third stay. The older gentleman at the front desk is always very courteous. This motel is immaculate and in a great location to restaurants and local attractions. Excellent breakfast selections. We had a king size bed that was so comfortable, I wished I could have brought it home with us because it was even more comfortable than our Sleep By Number bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We are elated to know that you continue to receive excellent customer service from our staff and enjoy our location. Please continue to allow us to accommodate you when traveling in the area. I will make sure our front desk associates are aware of all your great compliments!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very comfortable bed, clean rooms and the price was lower than all the nearby hotels. The breakfast was included in the low rate and just average except for the self made waffles and Starbucks coffee. Overall very good, clean and inexpensive. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful response. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to having you visit with us again.

Thanks again!
Mansfield Nottinghamshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I tried to check in at 6.05pm only to be told that our room wouldn't be ready for at least half an hour or so. That was already hours after the advertised check in time. What would have happened if we had needed to shower and change to go out for, say, 7pm? On top of this, the invoice pushed under the door overnight charged $10 more than the rate we had booked through the hotel's website. At checkout, there wasn't anything by way of an apology. The room was also somewhat "tired".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
First let me apologize for the delayed check- in you received while visiting us. We usually adhere to our check- in time of 3pm. Your concerns were addressed and shared with our management and staff. Should you decide to visit the area again, please give us a second chance and call me directly at 302-479-7900, it would be my pleasure to reserve your room for you. I will make sure your room is clean and ready prior to our check- in time of 3pm.
Again, please accept my apologies. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to have you as our guest again and allow us to provide you with exceptional and timely service that you deserve.
Thanks again, your feedback will help to make us better in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed there with my mother and brother overnight in mid-June. First, the key card wouldn't work so I had to run back downstairs to the front desk. Once we did get into the room, I found 1 queen and a pullout couch, not the 2 queen room I'd booked online. Back downstairs for them to tell me that was all they had, and really, the couch pulls out into a queen so it's the same thing. They assured me extra sheets for the couch were in the room. Back upstairs again, to find out there were no extra sheets, or pillows, in the closet. So I called back the front desk, and they did bring some right away. But, the pullout mattress wasn't very comfortable at all. So my poor brother slept scrunched up on the couch part.

Though I didn't get the room I paid for, I gave this an average rating instead of poor because they did have a nice breakfast in the morning, with some hot food, and the staff was friendly. In the future, I hope they consider looking more closely at matching up the customer with the room they'd originally booked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the INN at Wilmington, I honestly appreciate you expressing your concerns about you last stay with us. I can only imagine how frustrating it could be experiencing multiple problems at our property, including not getting a room that you paid for or what you had requested. I did discuss these issues with both the Front Office and Housekeeping managers to assure that this do not occur again. I would like to make this right, I could not find your reservation in our history. Could you please contact me at your earliest convenient at 302-477-9500 to discuss this matter? I do apologize for any troublesomeness this may have caused you and your family, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Magnolia, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice staff. Room is clean. Hotel facilities overall are nice. HOWEVER, as a business traveller, I need internet that is reliable and fast. Running a speedtest this hotel internet (wireless and wired) is averaging about .3MB/sec! That is shameful. Running pings that take 500+ milliseconds just proves that internet is useless. I switched to my 3G connection on my phone about easily got 5MB/sec.

Stop advertising HIGH-SPEED internet when it's just marginally better than dialup.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel staff and our facilities. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our internet service. Please accept my honest apologies; I am truly sorry about the inconvenience’s you experienced with the internet during your stay with us. We appreciated hearing about your concerns and made sure they were shared and reviewed with management. hope this doesn’t deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback.
St, Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in late August for business purposes. I found this hotel to be in a convenient location with several restaurants in walking distance. It backed a beautiful state park, and was on the main road, 202. It was simple, but had everything you would need and was extremely clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were great, and the included breakfast was good and hot. WiFi was free....parking was free. Independently owned. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
First of all let me say thank you for choosing the Inn at Wilmington for your hotel of choice. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. We are extremely pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again, we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
new jersey, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very spacious room, small hotel - only 4 floors so no wait on elevator or crowded public spaces, typical but nice breakfast included, convenient location, small fitness center, indoor pool is next door - have to go outside - might be a problem in winter, rain if that is important for you, very pleasant staff, very clean

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for positive feedback. We are happy to know we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I will definitely share your comments with our staff and management. When visiting the area again, please do not hesitate to contact us again for overnight accommodations.
Thanks again,

Been to Inn at Wilmington? Share your experiences!