“Will Be Back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Wilmington
Bremen, IN
“Will Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Very nice room, clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is great and there are several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed at the Inn at Wilmington for about two weeks. My husband was here for work and he got a corporate group rate. We stayed in a king room for the majority of the time but also switched to a double room for the last few days. The rooms were fresh and clean. The linens and the beds were soft & comfortable. There was a fridge, microwave, and closet in both rooms. The King room had a nice alcove area with a safe. Both rooms had a three-drawer dresser with flat screen TV above it, desks, ethernet plug-ins (instead of just wireless), extra sofa for seating and side table. Being there for so long, it was nice to have the extra storage space in the king room. The toiletries were packaged in biodegradable containers (go green). And there was shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, and lotion/moisturizer. The towels were nice and fluffy.

The breakfast had a good spread - exactly like previous reviewers have stated. Juices, bottled water, individual milk cartons, yogurts, waffles, Jimmy Dean sandwiches, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, oatmeals. The location is great too - close to restaurants and shopping. There is even a nice green area next to the hotel and they have a bit of landscaping in the back parking lot area.

There is not a pool nor do it yourself laundry facilities. My husband went across the parking lot to the Marriott Courtyard and they graciously let him do laundry at their facilities. There is the laundry service, but it was pricey if you have a lot of laundry (since we stayed so long). There were two computers and printers downstairs for public use.

Would highly recommend this hotel for the Wilmington area. We've since stayed at other places around town and the Inn is a nice quality & value in comparison.

Room Tip: rooms on the side not facing the street (but facing courtyard marriott) are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed for one night at the Inn at Wilmington and it was an enjoyable experience. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet. There was a nice selection of food at breakfast, including bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit, make-your-own-waffles and microwaveable Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. The hotel is conveniently located next to chain restaurants TGI Friday's, Famous Dave's, Olive Garden and Red Lobster and down the road from the local mall. If you are in the Wilmington area, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We made a no-notice reservation here when our power went out after Irene visited. The room and bath were clean and fresh, it was very quiet, and we will keep this hotel in mind for visitors!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
NYS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Parking all the same and rooms with similar view.Didn't notice if had airport rides. We had car.No pool though was nice, clean, decent-sized rooms with comfortable bed and fresh linens. Not one bug or web found and I would definitely recommend this place! They had nice spread in morning also.(is down the road from where I spent same price in past, got aggrevation and they lost me and others forever from returning out of protest and no desire to patronize place that refused to face what they had done and lied on here when they saw my review. Their place is falling apart from lack of care. Owner could care less.) Other family reunion members also found the Inn here nicer and cleaner & cozy. Refreshingly nice. Easy enough to find and walk to malls. Bed was perfect and everyone had no trouble falling asleep as was quiet and comfortable with all amenities. People there very friendly and helpful. First time in yrs I didn't have to use my linen as no bedbugs.Would recommend it highly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
State College
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My 3 girlfriends and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The weather was hot and humid, so a pool would have been nice. Otherwise everything was as good as it gets. We had 2 clean and quiet rooms with 2 queen size beds each and all the amenities we could possibly want or need.
The breakfast was outstanding - featuring microwaveable Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, do your own waffles, fruit salad, hard boiled eggs, 5 kinds of coffee and the usual cereals, pastries, juices, etc. On the first day a nice older gentleman kept everything well stocked. The next 2 mornings we had to ask at the desk for refills. That was a minor inconvenience - as was the repeated need to have the key cards re-keyed.
We loved the location. The hotel was surrounded by stores and eateries which - being located in Delaware - didn't charge any taxes. For the hotel room itself we paid just a modest 7% or so tax.
The Hagley and Nemours museums were close by and so was Winterthur. Brandywine River Museum and Longwood Gardens were a little further away (about 35 minutes tops).
All in all a very enjoyable visit. I am looking forward to staying in the same hotel again soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

First off, the staff are helpful and the hotel is clean and quiet. That's about it. if you do not spend a lot of time in the hotel, this hotel if a great value. If you are like me, and are sent on business for many days or week, find another hotel.

I'm the first to admit I'm a little picky but rate hotels based on 1) the "fitness center" or the ability to get a decent work out in, 2) the availability of internet access - real internet access - meaning more than checking e-mail, and 3) the quality of breakfast if prvided.

First, this hotel has a tread mill, a stair master, and a few dumbells. To call it a "fitness center" is a joke. I've seen rehab centers in retirement homes with more weights and better quality equipment. No wonder America has an obesity problem.

Second, you might as well send smoke signals or use a smart phone to access the internet. Anything more than e-mail and very light web surfing will get you kicked off line and compell you to call the help desk to restore your access. No streaming video, music, or on-line gaming is allowed; even opening multiple windows will cause you to be locked out - "it takes up space we call bandwith" is what the cretin at the help desk tried to sell to me. Really??? My smart phone can download multiple streams at once while I talk but the hotel can't handle it? What do they use? Dial up?

Lastly, the free breakfast is truely a no frills event. Some anemic looking fruit, a waffle iron, and cerial. I'll admit, something is better than nothing... but not much better.

It all comes down to a what your expectations and needs are and what you are willing to tolerate. For me, I rather stab myself in the eye with a dull spork than stay here again. It just doesn' suit my needs.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
COwens54, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the INN at Wilmington. We appreciate your comments as they will help us to offer a better experience to our guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to comment on your review. We are working with our network provider to explore options that will allow our guests to listen to music, watch movies, and use their personal computers without getting caught in our current filters.

In regards to our breakfast we have heard the comments from our guests and are purchasing additional items for our continental breakfast to make it more satisfying. In recent weeks we have changed our coffee to Seattle's Best and our muffins and pastries are provided by a local bakery.

We are fortunate to be in an area surrounded by corporations. Many of our guests are business travelers like you. As we are in the process of making changes to our breakfast offerings I welcome your suggestions of what items we should add to our breakfast.

I apologize that our fitness room does not meet your needs. At this time we are not making any changes to the equipment in the fitness room. If in the future you choose to return to the hotel we can offer you a pass to the local YMCA.

Again I thank you for your time and feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have additional comments or concerns about your stay. My email address is colleen.owens@hershahotels.com.

Colleen Owens

Been to Inn at Wilmington? Share your experiences!